Nothing is certain; everything is permitted

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Seek
Student

Nothing is certain; everything is permitted

Post #1

Post by Seek »

Our knowledge comes from our inherently subjective perception, which has shown to be fallible. There is no truth, merely coincidental attitudes driven by probability. If there is no truth in perception, then there is no right or wrong about anything. Anyone be allowed to steal, slander, hurt, humiliate, insult, bully, swear at or even kill anyone at any time. Basically, anyone is permitted to do anything at any time. Normal people would say ”but Seek, there are laws you have to abide by”, but my response to them is ”How do I know my belief system isn’t flawed in such a way that enables me to do criminal things?”
Last edited by Seek on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Purple Knight
Guru

Re: Nothing is certain; everything is permitted

Post #11

Post by Purple Knight »

Seek wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:37 amNormal people would say ”but Seek, there are laws you have to abide by”, but my response to them is ”How do I know my belief system isn’t flawed in such a way that enables me to do criminal things?”
You don't, and you have to follow morality anyway. Most people's system of moral laws inherently contains the idea that you're not morally liable for what you had no way of knowing would happen. You follow the system to the best of your ability and knowledge and that is the system.

So if you see me about to kill somebody, and you kill me to stop me, but hold on, we were actually in universe gemi-omega and I was an innocent purple hydra of chaos that you saw as a murderer in a logical universe because either 1) the universe is chaotic, sometimes generating logic or 2) someone dosed you with LSD, well then, you're not morally liable for what you just did.