For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

Communication with the dead

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

Why would anyone wish to do that?

Is it through grief with attendant emotions? In which case it is understandable but irrational.

Or is it idle curiosity without reason? Which explains the showmanship of mediums, an entertainment. Mainly a con in my view. Think of people such as James Randi who debunked many an unfortunate con artist.

To my mind it is unhealthy and dangerous to delve in matters that promise to be detrimental. I see no good coming from it.

The Bible warns us to have no connection with mediums and such, I believe the Bible is giving excellent advice. Leave well alone that which is a natural necessary process. We live, we must die. Acceptance is the only real peace. Even if you could communicate with those gone, what good could it do?

William
Savant

Re: Communication with the dead

Post #21

Post by William »

Rose2020 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:53 pm [Replying to William in post #19]

I respect your view but disagree.
God is real and he made us to have free will. Unfortunately that means we can perform evil or good as we please. To put ourselves in God's hands in repentance is our only chance. Otherwise the Devil has a free hand with our souls.
You think it is unfortunate that your idea of God created us with free will?

I find that an interesting oxymoron.

The superstition re 'the devil' is a human construct - specifically through the Christian religion and one only has to do the research re data readily available to understand the significance of why the mythology came to exist.

The Christian devil has no 'free hand' in relation to my activity as I attribute zero belief in any power for any such entity to have access.

I have shared my thoughts on this subject in more depth, here; The Doctrine of Satan

Rose2020
Scholar

Post #22

Post by Rose2020 »

[Replying to William in post #21]
Well you have a strong mind, it is actually best to give no entrance to the devil. However he does exist, it is better to keep that in mind.
I choose to focus on Christ and pray to Him for protection against evil.

To the point you made, though we have free will, it is our responsibility to use it well.

William
Savant

Post #23

Post by William »

[Replying to Rose2020 in post #22]

If one is going to use their free will to ignore useful information, such as is in the video I linked, then - as you point out - that is on the one choosing to ignore...

William
Savant

Post #24

Post by William »