Is there such a thing as a bad soul?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

bb79jb81

Is there such a thing as a bad soul?

Post #1

Post by bb79jb81 »

Is there such a thing as a bad soul? Is there such a thing as a good soul? Do all souls come from heaven, or do some come from hell?

Was Adolf Hitler born into this world a good guy, and then later turn evil? Did he even know that what he was doing was evil? Each persons perception is their own reality. You cannot say that he was evil, because that would be an opinionated statement. Nor could one say he was NOT evil.

Is it possible for the dark one to posess souls for new births here on earth. Every once in a while slip one in?

Think about this before you answer, there is much evil in this world, there is much good. Who created what?

Talishi
Guru

Re: Is there such a thing as a bad soul?

Post #2

Post by Talishi »

bb79jb81 wrote: Think about this before you answer, there is much evil in this world, there is much good. Who created what?
Apparently God is an ambidextrous engineer.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by ttruscott »

bb79jb81 wrote: Is there such a thing as a bad soul?
Of course...the choice of an innocent person to do evil makes it evil. We see both temporarily evil spirits (the sinful elect) and eternally evil spirits (demons) here on earth where such spirits locked into a body are called souls.
Is there such a thing as a good soul?
If you use soul to mean spirit or person, of course - they are are those people who chose to accept YHWH as their GOD and who have never deviated from that faith. They now work for HIM in heaven as messengers.
Do all souls come from heaven, or do some come from hell?
I contend that the creation of ALL those people / spirits created in HIS image were created at the same time well before the creation of the physical universe. This would sort of place their place of creation in one of the many rooms / parts of Sheol, probably (if the analogy of the Garden of Eden holds) in paradise. No one is in hell yet as the wicked return to Sheol to wait for the day of judgement Psalm 9:17 NASV - The wicked shall return to Sheol ... Kiel - Delitzsch(#16) - Yea, back to Hades must the wicked return... and the righteous return to GOD: Ecclesiastes 12:7 ...and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
Was Adolf Hitler born into this world a good guy, and then later turn evil?
Christian theology asserts that all humans are born as sinfully evil, Hitler included. I put it this way: ONLY THOSE SINFULLY EVIL ARE BORN AS HUMAN. I contend that he was created ingenious innocent but that he became evil in GOD's sight by choosing by HIS own free will to reject GOD or HIS plans for us all.
Is it possible for the dark one to posess souls for new births here on earth. Every once in a while slip one in?
I don't quite know what you mean by possess but your thoughts match the explanation of our being sent to earth as sinners from Sheol in the parable of the good (elect) but sinful seed in Matthew 13 pretty well: 36 Then He left the crowds and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.� 37 And He said, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38 and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one; 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels. Remember, this is the explanation of the parable with all symbolism explained, ie, a symbolic word is NOT replaced by another metaphor but the real meaning of the situation.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ttruscott »

Talishi wrote:
bb79jb81 wrote: Think about this before you answer, there is much evil in this world, there is much good. Who created what?
Apparently God is an ambidextrous engineer.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Since GOD is Righteous and cannot create moral evil, the word ra' here must be used in its alternative meaning of a disaster that we feel as evil.

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Talishi
Guru

Post #5

Post by Talishi »

ttruscott wrote: Since GOD is Righteous and cannot create moral evil, the word ra' here must be used in its alternative meaning of a disaster that we feel as evil.
I submit that drowning every child in the world is a moral evil.

I submit that ordering Saul to kill a helpless captive King Agag in cold blood is a moral evil.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by ttruscott »

Talishi wrote:
ttruscott wrote: Since GOD is Righteous and cannot create moral evil, the word ra' here must be used in its alternative meaning of a disaster that we feel as evil.
I submit that drowning every child in the world is a moral evil.

I submit that ordering Saul to kill a helpless captive King Agag in cold blood is a moral evil.
I know. But is a legally sanctioned execution for a capital crime by a legally sanctioned judge a moral evil?

The Judge has said they were guilty. What is your proof they are not?
Orthodox Christianity contends they must be guilty from conception on because of Adam's sin. If that is rejected as a blasphemy (the GOD who is love would not create HIS Bride by making her human if it meant making her stinking and corrupt) then there is the contention about our pre-conception existence whereby we all chose by our free will to accept GOD or to rebel and become sinful before we became human.

Both of these scenarios must be disproven to account for the moral evil you found in the stories you used, because one or the other or another not discussed yet provides the Christian reason why it was a just sentence against criminals, not innocents, and not a moral evil.

Talishi
Guru

Post #7

Post by Talishi »

ttruscott wrote: Orthodox Christianity contends they must be guilty from conception on because of Adam's sin.
A god who declares, on a whim, that human beings are guilty of a crime from conception, something not open to their choice, is an evil god, not worthy of worship, but rather eternal contempt. So say we all.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

Monta
Guru

Post #8

Post by Monta »

Talishi wrote:
ttruscott wrote: Orthodox Christianity contends they must be guilty from conception on because of Adam's sin.
A god who declares, on a whim, that human beings are guilty of a crime from conception, something not open to their choice, is an evil god, not worthy of worship, but rather eternal contempt. So say we all.
If this is what Orthodox or any other brand of Christianity offers
with the rest of superstition I read on this thread,
I will pass.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by ttruscott »

Talishi wrote:
Yes, and so say I. I totally agree and do not countenance this blasphemy in the least but we were discussing what Christian orthodoxy accepts and this is the best they have.

I accept that we are evil but it is by our own true free will decision to rebel against YHWH, the same system of becoming evil as Satan and the demons.I accept full responsibility for every wrong or evil thing I have done...I do not blame either YHWH or Satan. I was my own worst enemy and could not save myself from myself.

Is there a hidden reason to hate GOD in this definition of how we became evil that I do not see???

hoghead1
Guru

Post #10

Post by hoghead1 »

[Replying to post 9 by ttruscott]

Just as a matter of historical fact, not all traditional Christianity accepted teh notion of original sin. Augustine invented this idea. However, St. Thomas Aquinas rejected it. The Protestant Reformation insisted upon it with a vengeance, tree. However, many Protestants today, including myself, seriously question it. I do not find it biblical and I feel it is a defeatist position. If by nature, we are all born corrupt through and through, totally evil, then let's go be as evil as we can; is bad to go against one's nature.