Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Yolande
Sage

Jesus is a superior prophet to Mohammed

Post #1

Post by Yolande »

The Koran agrees that Jesus was born from a virgin and Mohammed was not

The Koran agrees that Jesus did miracles but makes no mention of any miracles Mohammed did

The Koran agrees that a prophet can never lie. Jesus called Himself Son of God and even God Himself on many occasions and also accepted worship from people.

The Koran agrees that Jesus is the Messiah and Mohammed is not.

So, from this, it must be concluded that Jesus is a superior prophet than Mohammed.

Choir Loft
Banned
Banned

Re: Jesus is a superior prophet to Mohammed

Post #111

Post by Choir Loft »

Yolande wrote: The Koran agrees that Jesus was born from a virgin and Mohammed was not

The Koran agrees that Jesus did miracles but makes no mention of any miracles Mohammed did

The Koran agrees that a prophet can never lie. Jesus called Himself Son of God and even God Himself on many occasions and also accepted worship from people.

So, from this, it must be concluded that Jesus is a superior prophet than Mohammed.
There is a point of contention between what the Bible says of Jesus and what the Qur'an says of Isa (Jesus). Isa/Jesus and Jesus of Nazareth are not the same person. According to the Qur'an, Isa/Jesus is an apostle of Allah - NOT the Christ of the Jewish god YHWH.

Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God who died upon the cross to save sinners and rose again from the dead. In Muslim literature, however, this Jesus of Nazareth holds the office of Masih ad-dajjal, an extremely evil figure according to Islamic eschatology.

The Qur'an denies that Jesus of Nazareth died on the cross, stating simply that some boob volunteered or was somehow coerced into that hideous death instead. Bear in mind that death on a cross is one of the most hideous methods of public execution ever devised by man. Nobody, not even an insane man, would allow himself to be subject to it.

Finally it should be pointed out that the Qur'an says there was a day when Isa/Jesus appeared before Allah and apologized for misrepresenting himself as Allah's son.* Isn't this a major discrepancy? If a prophet cannot lie, why is he apologizing?

What's really going on here is a blatant no-holds-barred attempt to cast into disrepute the work that Jesus of Nazareth did upon the cross to redeem those who turn to Him.

The Isa/Jesus of the Qur'an is NOT the same person as Jesus, the Son of God in the Bible. Bear this in mind when listening to or reading Muslim interpretations. Finally it should be clearly understood that Isa/Jesus isn't the Muslim messiah. That office will belong to Mohammad al-Mahdi, the 12th Imam of the restored caliphate of Islam.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

* "And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things."
- Surah 5.116
R.I.P. AMERICAN REPUBLIC
[June 21, 1788 - October 26, 2001]

- Here lies Liberty -
Born in the spring,
died in the fall.
Stabbed in the back,
forsaken by all.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #112

Post by Burninglight »

Choir Loft wrote:
Yolande wrote: The Koran agrees that Jesus was born from a virgin and Mohammed was not

There is a point of contention between what the Bible says of Jesus and what the Qur'an says of Isa (Jesus). Isa/Jesus and Jesus of Nazareth are not the same person. According to the Qur'an, Isa/Jesus is an apostle of Allah - NOT the Christ of the Jewish god YHWH.

Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God who died upon the cross to save sinners and rose again from the dead. In Muslim literature, however, this Jesus of Nazareth holds the office of Masih ad-dajjal, an extremely evil figure according to Islamic eschatology.

The Qur'an denies that Jesus of Nazareth died on the cross, stating simply that some boob volunteered or was somehow coerced into that hideous death instead. Bear in mind that death on a cross is one of the most hideous methods of public execution ever devised by man. Nobody, not even an insane man, would allow himself to be subject to it.

Finally it should be pointed out that the Qur'an says there was a day when Isa/Jesus appeared before Allah and apologized for misrepresenting himself as Allah's son.* Isn't this a major discrepancy? If a prophet cannot lie, why is he apologizing?

What's really going on here is a blatant no-holds-barred attempt to cast into disrepute the work that Jesus of Nazareth did upon the cross to redeem those who turn to Him.

The Isa/Jesus of the Qur'an is NOT the same person as Jesus, the Son of God in the Bible. Bear this in mind when listening to or reading Muslim interpretations. Finally it should be clearly understood that Isa/Jesus isn't the Muslim messiah. That office will belong to Mohammad al-Mahdi, the 12th Imam of the restored caliphate of Islam.

* "And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things."
- Surah 5.116
I agree but Surah 5: 116 is not Isa/Jesus apologizing for having said he is God or His mother is God, but what this verse shows is that Allah didn't have an understanding of the Christian triune God. He implies that Jesus, Mary and Allah make up the Christian trinity. This is a discrepancy in no uncertain terms. Why can't Muslims see it is the question?

Allahakbar
Banned
Banned

Post #113

Post by Allahakbar »

Burninglight wrote:
Choir Loft wrote:

- Surah 5.116
I agree but Surah 5: 116 is not Isa/Jesus apologizing for having said he is God or His mother is God, but what this verse shows is that Allah didn't have an understanding of the Christian triune God. He implies that Jesus, Mary and Allah make up the Christian trinity. This is a discrepancy in no uncertain terms. Why can't Muslims see it is the question?
I've been making that argument for years. It is of course one of the many errors in the quran. That is why muslims can't see it. Because the quran contains no errors. Simple really.
"Holy Scripture: A book sent down from heaven.... Holy Scriptures contain all that a Christian should know and believe, provided he adds to it a million or so commentaries.

[Voltaire]

No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.

George Bernard Shaw

Burninglight
Guru

Post #114

Post by Burninglight »

Allahakbar wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
Choir Loft wrote:

- Surah 5.116
I've been making that argument for years. It is of course one of the many errors in the quran. That is why muslims can't see it. Because the quran contains no errors. Simple really.
You know I try and tell Muslims that the Quran cannot have any errors, because it was received by dictation right out of the mouth of Allah through Gabriel whom Muslim call the Holy Spirit which also proves that Allah didn't know who makes up the trinity.

The Bible was written differently by men who were inspired by God. That has more flexibility in the way events are recorded but not the Quran. One discrepancy is enough to trash the book. Allah's ignorance of the trinity does it just fine. Not only that, in the Quran, Allah says nothing can alter his fulfilled word, and in another verse, he says 'We do not abrogate unless it is to give you a better or similar scripture.

What joke, if Allah was perfect, he wouldn't have to change his verses or modify them. He would get it right the first time. The Quran was dictated by Muhammad correcting things to make it look like it was divine, he came close but no cigar, lol.

It is ridiculous Muslims can't see it. They have too much emotional ties in Islam to face the truth of this contrived religion. Muhammad obviously borrowed incorrectly from Christianity such as their version of the virgin birth story and they got heaven and hell from Christianity and the biggest one yet monotheism from the Jews and the Christians