Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Islam Sunnah, not Shiites

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

na wrote: Islam Sunnah, not Shiites
Islam consists of a number of religious denominations that are essentially similar in belief but which have significant theological and legal differences. The primary division is between the Sunni and the Shi'a, with Sufism generally considered to be a mystical inflection of Islam rather than a distinct school. According to most sources, approximately 85% of the world's Muslims are Sunni, 14% are Shi'a with the 1% being other various small minorities and Islamic sects.

Which group are the true followers? Why?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

thunderfbolt
Student

Post #2

Post by thunderfbolt »

Each of them are the true followers of their own beliefs. =P Not answering, I know, but your question is like asking if red or blue is a better colour for the rainbow.

candlelight1377
Student

Post #3

Post by candlelight1377 »

peace upon you all,

1- prophet mohamed said " The Children of Israel split on to seventy two sects and diverge my oma to seventy-three, all in hell.except only one sect .and said "O Messenger of Allah which one ?"prophet mohamed said what I and my Companions ON "- i hope that i translated the meaning !!! it means that even muslims will be 73 ways – all are wrong except one which is islam sunna

islam is islam - one religion - one god – one last prophet ( mohamed )- to belive in other prophets ( who were before Mohamed )
prayer to god - ramadan fasten - zakah - hajj ( if possible )

the resources for islam are 1- koran 2- sunna ( what prophet mohamed said or did as he is our example )
and we had memorized koran and sunna and hadithes through 1400years so far and till the end of time

and yes islam is sunna
example: if we make straight line from mecca to london
if you keep walking on that line---- you will reach your city
but if you just 1deg angle away from that line at the beginning--- you will be in another city for sure and you will get lost
so we ( as muslims has our straight line - koran - sunna - if we dont follow one of them or change any small part - you know the rest

i have read and found many religions ( i mean religions ) they say that its islam while its not islam at all !!

about shia - they are 12 groups and some are close to sunna while many of them are very away from sunna and they hate sunna and kill sunna ( read history )

about sufia they are many ways some are very close to sunna but have some wrong things and some sofia is near shia and away from sunna

and there are kadiania and bahaia and they are not muslims at all

and sunna is one way and is the right direction and the true islam
but you should know that
malikia - hanafia - shafia - abdelwahab -hanbali they are all same sunna but may vary in small matters that has nothing to do with believe –small points-

in the end islam is sunna
about sufia and shia – its hard for me to say who is muslim and who is not but I will say it depends on their believe and doings if it close to sunna islam or not- it will take many hours to show you every way and what they believe
and I think that the hadith I translated show you the answer

Murad
Guru

Post #4

Post by Murad »

Islam should not be a divided religion. It says it in the foundation of Islam (Quran)

(1)Surah al-Imran (3:103): "And hold fast, all of you together, to the rope of Allah and be not divided."
(2)Surah al-Imran (3:105):
"And be not like those who separated and disputed after the clear proofs had come unto them: For such there is an awful doom."
(3) Surah al-Imran (3:110): ... See More
"Ye are the best community that has been raised up for mankind. Ye enjoin the good and forbid the evil; and ye believe in Allah"
(4) Surah Al-An'am (6:159):
"As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou has no part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did."
(5) Surah Al-Mu'minun (23:52-53):
"And verily this Ummah of yours is a single Ummah and I am your Lord, so keep your duty unto Me. But they have broken their religion among them into sects, each sect rejoicing in its tenets."
(6) Surah Al-Rum (30:32):
"Those who split up their Religion, and become Sects, each sect exulting in its tenets."
(7) Surah Al-Nisa (4:115):
"He that disobeys the Apostle (Muhammad) after guidance has been made clear to him and follows a way other than that of the believers, We appoint for him that unto which he himself hath turned, and expose him unto Hell - a hapless journey's end!"
(8) Surah Al-An'am (6:153):
"This is My Straight path, so follow it. Follow not other ways, lest ye be parted from His way. This has he ordained for you, that ye may ward off (evil)."

good
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by good »

True what you said all I am very impressed with your knowledge

Smart minds

good
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by good »

candlelight1377 wrote:peace upon you all,

1- prophet mohamed said " The Children of Israel split on to seventy two sects and diverge my oma to seventy-three, all in hell.except only one sect .and said "O Messenger of Allah which one ?"prophet mohamed said what I and my Companions ON "- i hope that i translated the meaning !!! it means that even muslims will be 73 ways – all are wrong except one which is islam sunna

islam is islam - one religion - one god – one last prophet ( mohamed )- to belive in other prophets ( who were before Mohamed )

the resources for islam are 1- koran 2- sunna ( what prophet mohamed said or did as he is our example )
and we had memorized koran and sunna and hadithes through 1400years so far and till the end of time

and yes islam is sunna
but if you just 1deg angle away from that line at the beginning--- you will be in another city for sure and you will get lost
so we ( as muslims has our straight line - koran - sunna - if we dont follow one of them or change any small part - you know the rest

i have read and found many religions ( i mean religions ) they say that its islam while its not islam at all !!

about shia - they are 12 groups and some are close to sunna while many of them are very away from sunna and they hate sunna and kill sunna ( read history )

about sufia they are many ways some are very close to sunna but have some wrong things and some sofia is near shia and away from sunna

but you should know that
malikia - hanafia - shafia - abdelwahab -hanbali they are all same sunna but may vary in small matters that has nothing to do with believe –small points-

about sufia and shia – its hard for me to say who is muslim and who is not but I will say it depends on their believe and doings if it close to sunna islam or not- it will take many hours to show you every way and what they believe

That's right

Difference in the small things that do not depart from the true Islam

They are all Sunnis, however, hardworking
Last edited by good on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

good
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by good »

Why are there differences of opinion among the imams concerning fiqhi matters? Is it essential to follow one of the madhhabs?
My respect towards the well known Imams of Islam (may Allah have mercy on them). If the Sunnah way of Rasulallah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) says one thing, why do we have difference of opinions amongst the scholars and why do we have different madhab of the different imams? For example, what was the madhab of imaam Abu Haneefa? He wasn’t Hanafi, I believe. He followed Quran and the Sunnah of Rasulallah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) through the early generation of Islam, the Sahabah, right? So, he was a Sunni Muslim, right? Does that mean he was a salafi? Then, why for example, am I Hanafi? Is it wrong if a person tries to follow only Quran and the practice of Rasulallah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) without following a madhab? Is it compulsory upon a Muslim to be a follower of one of the imaams?.

Praise be to Allaah.

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was sent with the eternal message of Islam, and the Muslims are commanded to follow that which is in the Book of their Lord and that which is in the Sunnah of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). The Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) used to refer to these two sources, then after the death of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), they took on the mission of teaching the people their religion. They scattered throughout the regions, and there is no doubt that they were not all the same in their memorising the Sunnah of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). The fatwas of those who had memorised more were in accordance with the Sunnah, and those that had not memorised as much strove to work out the correct opinion. Hence the differences in the extent to which they had memorised became a cause of the differences between their fatwas.

Moreover, the same text may have been memorised by two Sahaabis, but each of them understood it differently from the other, and the text itself was such that it could be interpreted differently by each, and each of them strove to understand the text according to what the Lawgiver intended, and one of them was right. Hence the differences in understanding of the text is another cause for their differences.

Then knowledge spread far and wide, and there emerged in this religion imams of knowledge and guidance, including the four imams (Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafa’i and Ahmad, may Allah have mercy on them). So other reasons for their differences emerged, other than those mentioned above, such as their differences as to whether a hadeeth was sound or weak, and their differences with regard to the principles of understanding the text. This is what is called usool al-fiqh.

The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas said:

As for the reasons for the differences among the scholars, there are many, for example: none of them encompassed all of knowledge, so things that were known to others may have been hidden from one of them, and he may have understood the texts in a way that others did not understand them because the clear evidence was hidden from him. End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baax, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 2/178

Thus the following becomes clear:

1. It is obligatory for a Muslim to follow that which is in the Holy Qur'aan and that which is proven of the Prophet's Sunnah, and he does not have to follow a specific fiqhi madhhab.

2- The imams of Islam are not only four; rather they are many, but Allah has caused these four imams to become famous; may Allah have mercy on them.

3- The way of these four imams and other imams of the Muslims is based on following and revering the texts, and they enjoined us to do that and forbade us to imitate them blindly. The one who is pleased with them as imams should be pleased with their way. None of the imams of Islam called on people to adopt his view and give it precedence over the views of anyone else, and Allah has stated that they are above that. Indeed it is proven from all of them they warned against doing this and advised people to follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

4. These madhhabs are like schools of understanding of the Qur'aan and Sunnah. The imams strove to work out the rulings that they thought were closest to the Qur'aan and Sunnah and there is nothing wrong with the Muslim following one of these madhhabs, but that is on the condition that if it becomes clear to him that the Sunnah of the Prophet is something other than what he has learned from his madhhab, then what he is required to do is to ignore the view of the madhhab and follow the Sunnah. This is the advice of these imams, as Imam al-Shaafa’i (may Allah be pleased with him) and others said: If the hadeeth is saheeh, then that is my madhhab.

5-. People are not equal in their study of the texts of Revelation and they are not equal in their ability to understand those texts. Hence many Muslims are content to follow these imams. As these four imams became famous and had students who propagated their views, therefore you find some people following the Hanafi or Maaliki or Shaafa’i or Hanbali madhhab. Usually the madhhab of the common folk is the madhhab of their Shaykh in their city or village. There is nothing wrong with what the common folk do, because they are enjoined to ask the people of knowledge. But they do not have the right to denounce others for adopting a different opinion or to issue fatwas or to adhere fanatically to the words of their Shaykh. Rather when the truth becomes clear to him he must act upon it and not do anything other than that.

For information on the views of the scholars ancient and modern concerning this issue, please see the answer to questions number 21420, 103339, and 99884.

And Allah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/128658
Last edited by good on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

good
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by good »

good wrote:
candlelight1377 wrote:peace upon you all,

and yes islam is sunna

but you should know that

That's right

Difference in the small things that do not depart from the true Islam

They are all Sunnis, however, hardworking

They are coherent with the
Pillars of Islam
Basic Prayer Fasting Zakat Hajj

The difference in minutes and small things

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by McCulloch »

Murad wrote: Islam should not be a divided religion. It says it in the foundation of Islam (Quran)
Islam should not be a divided religion. Neither should Christianity. I could cite a number of passages in the New Testament to support this. The plain and embarrassing fact of the matter is that both of these religions are divided. As is often the case in such matters, both sides of most splits appeal to the same authority to support their side of the rift.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Murad
Guru

Post #10

Post by Murad »

McCulloch wrote: Islam should not be a divided religion. Neither should Christianity. I could cite a number of passages in the New Testament to support this. The plain and embarrassing fact of the matter is that both of these religions are divided. As is often the case in such matters, both sides of most splits appeal to the same authority to support their side of the rift.
Hi McCulloch

The prophet reportedly said:
“The Jews were divided among themselves into seventy one or seventy two sects, and the Christians were divided among themselves into seventy one or seventy two sects. And My Ummah(Islam) will be divided among itself into seventy three sects.�
He knew from there would be division among the believers.

Most of these divisions started out political, and over time they evolved(changed) to make a distinction between themselves and others.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---