Wath if you never heard of Jesus?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

dandlerespawn

Wath if you never heard of Jesus?

Post #1

Post by dandlerespawn »

Wath if you never heard of Jesus? Or those who never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ, will they be save or not?
Watch the link below. It is a video of argue between Oprah and her audience. And our preacher Bro. Eli Soriano commented on the said argue.

*There is lot of topics in one of his site. http://esoriano.wordpress.com/

resources:
http://esoriano.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com

*sorry for mbad grammar*

Burninglight
Guru

Post #21

Post by Burninglight »

ttruscott wrote:
rreppy wrote:Are any of you people seriously arguing that the billions of people on Earth who are NOT calling their god by the same label as the other billions do, that they will be somehow severely punished or eternally damned?
If you really believe in a God that is that petty, cruel, and vindictive, then I feel sorry for you.
I'm not even going to dignify it with an argument. I just feel sorry for you.

Eveyone heard the gospel before they chose to accept or reject the One True GOD in the spirit world before the creation of the earth...
Colossians 1:23
if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.

since no one has given notice they heard this proclamation here on earth. So none has an excuse. You can drop you oh soh sincere self righteousness now.

No one who chose to accept GOD when they heard the proclamation of the gospel in the spirit world before the creation of the earth will ever go to hell no matter what name he calls the One True God because he is calling on the one true GOD and not a false god with the same name.

Elementary stuff here, someone is shy a few months homework.

But peace to all,

Ted
Hey, Ted that was a good verse you shared, but I am not sure fully what it means since Paul said "Woe is me if I preach not the gospel" I think that verse is saying very one is born with the law of God written on their heart. It is each persons responsibilty to research and learn God's will for their lives, but some have chosen to to deny he exists and believe that there are many paths to God when Jesus said "I am the Door..." There cannot be another door!

rreppy
Student

Post #22

Post by rreppy »

ttruscott wrote:
rreppy wrote:Are any of you people seriously arguing that the billions of people on Earth who are NOT calling their god by the same label as the other billions do, that they will be somehow severely punished or eternally damned?
If you really believe in a God that is that petty, cruel, and vindictive, then I feel sorry for you.
I'm not even going to dignify it with an argument. I just feel sorry for you.

Eveyone heard the gospel before they chose to accept or reject the One True GOD in the spirit world before the creation of the earth...
Colossians 1:23
if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.

since no one has given notice they heard this proclamation here on earth. So none has an excuse. You can drop you oh soh sincere self righteousness now.

No one who chose to accept GOD when they heard the proclamation of the gospel in the spirit world before the creation of the earth will ever go to hell no matter what name he calls the One True God because he is calling on the one true GOD and not a false god with the same name.

Elementary stuff here, someone is shy a few months homework.

But peace to all,

Ted

How can anyone "hear the gospel before the creation of the earth", when no-one even existed then? Are you not even trying to make sense? At any rate, we're here now, and if any religion tells me that they are the only ones who have it right, and all the rest are wrong, then I know right then and there that the speaker is wrong and doesn't "get it". I reject any religion that claims to be the One True religion, since the very act of claiming that exposes them as mistaken. The metaphor of many paths up a mountain , all leading to the same summit, is a good one. Some paths are more direct, some have a better view, but there's more than one way to get to the top.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #23

Post by Burninglight »

rreppy wrote: How can anyone "hear the gospel before the creation of the earth", when no-one even existed then? Are you not even trying to make sense? At any rate, we're here now, and if any religion tells me that they are the only ones who have it right, and all the rest are wrong, then I know right then and there that the speaker is wrong and doesn't "get it". I reject any religion that claims to be the One True religion, since the very act of claiming that exposes them as mistaken. The metaphor of many paths up a mountain , all leading to the same summit, is a good one. Some paths are more direct, some have a better view, but there's more than one way to get to the top.
How can God live in the past, present and future and not be bound by the confines of time?
If i told you how to get to my house and said "it is the only way to arrive so follow my instructions," and you said, "I am going to go a different way than you said." You will not arrive, because i Know where I live and how exactly to get their. I once climbed a mountain with a friend. I couldn't remember the path we took going up but not any path led back down and it is the same going up especially if you don't have the appropriate mountain climbing gear. In the case of the mountain, there are other ways to the top, but some times it is not the case, because there could be chasms, crevices or deep pits, land slides blocking you or killing you etc

rreppy
Student

Post #24

Post by rreppy »

"mankind will still be punished if they reject his salvation."

I REFUSE to believe in a God that would inflict eternal torment on a child for believing in his parents' religion rather than what some foreign missionary from the other side of the world tells him.

I pity anyone who thinks their god is like that, for I find that despicable, and will not devote myself to a despicable God.

rreppy
Student

Post #25

Post by rreppy »

Burninglight wrote:
rreppy wrote: How can anyone "hear the gospel before the creation of the earth", when no-one even existed then? Are you not even trying to make sense? At any rate, we're here now, and if any religion tells me that they are the only ones who have it right, and all the rest are wrong, then I know right then and there that the speaker is wrong and doesn't "get it". I reject any religion that claims to be the One True religion, since the very act of claiming that exposes them as mistaken. The metaphor of many paths up a mountain , all leading to the same summit, is a good one. Some paths are more direct, some have a better view, but there's more than one way to get to the top.
How can God live in the past, present and future and not be bound by the confines of time?
If i told you how to get to my house and said "it is the only way to arrive so follow my instructions," and you said, "I am going to go a different way than you said." You will not arrive, because i Know where I live and how exactly to get their. I once climbed a mountain with a friend. I couldn't remember the path we took going up but not any path led back down and it is the same going up especially if you don't have the appropriate mountain climbing gear. In the case of the mountain, there are other ways to the top, but some times it is not the case, because there could be chasms, crevices or deep pits, land slides blocking you or killing you etc
Where your analogy breaks down is that those of us who are not rabid hyper-religionists will not hunt you down and KILL YOU because you dared to be a heretic and take a different possible path. That is where religion stops being helpful and becomes downright evil.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #26

Post by Burninglight »

rreppy wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
Where your analogy breaks down is that those of us who are not rabid hyper-religionists will not hunt you down and KILL YOU because you dared to be a heretic and take a different possible path. That is where religion stops being helpful and becomes downright evil.
Religion is evil. It is what nailed Jesus to the cross. It is a relationship with Christ that saves mankind not religion.