Islam offends me!

Post #1

Post by Lonely »

Does it offend you, too?

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by LiamOS »

Islam does not offend me, but Muslims often do.

I'm fine with any belief system you have. However, if you're going to apply it and assert it, you're going to need to show that you're right, first.

shanon

Post #3

Post by shanon »

yup-being a female, it offends me b/c of the discrimination of females, involved w/ the religion

Murad
Guru

Post #4

Post by Murad »

shanon wrote:yup-being a female, it offends me b/c of the discrimination of females, involved w/ the religion
Hello shanon

More or just about 3/4 of American converts to Islam are females. What i think offends you is sharia law, keep in mind this varies from nation to nation. The official sharia law can be put in place if its under a Khilafah. Other than that, in this modern world its used for political advantages.

Hello AkiThePirate

Some converts that i've met told me that they're glad they found Islam before they found Muslims. This makes me very sad. Yes some muslims i know get easily defensive or offensive, a real pity.

Hello Lonely

May i ask what offends you, please be specific.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

2:282
The witness of women is of less value than the witness of men.

4:98
Women are presented as being like feeble men, unable to devise a plan.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by LiamOS »

[color=green]Murad[/color] wrote:Hello AkiThePirate
Hello, Murad.
[color=orange]Murad[/color] wrote:Some converts that i've met told me that they're glad they found Islam before they found Muslims. This makes me very sad. Yes some muslims i know get easily defensive or offensive, a real pity.
I'd say the same for almost every ideology or religion.
Even Atheism has some pretty militant people who can't justify their beliefs, either.
And most of the Muslims I've met are overly defensive of their faith, and will not even consider engaging in any for of debate about them. But then, the same is true for Christians, too. The Jewish would be less so, however, by nature of their religion.
I'd say that Atheists are generally more likely to engage in debate of their beliefs, but not by that much.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

Murad wrote: More or just about 3/4 of American converts to Islam are females.
Please provide a source for this assertion.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

gabbeTroop
Student

Post #8

Post by gabbeTroop »

Even Atheism has some pretty militant people who can't justify their beliefs
But atheism isn`t a religion and "justify their beliefs"? Is it not the one claiming something who needs to present evidence? My lack of belief in a god or gods doesn`t need to be "justified" if you mean by presenting evidence or proof for it. To me, the one claiming "there is a god" needs to present his/her evidence before I have the need to justify my atheism. I don`t consider myself militant, if it is not otherwise needed...

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by LiamOS »

[color=green]gabbeTroop[/color] wrote:But atheism isn`t a religion and "justify their beliefs"? Is it not the one claiming something who needs to present evidence? My lack of belief in a god or gods doesn`t need to be "justified" if you mean by presenting evidence or proof for it. To me, the one claiming "there is a god" needs to present his/her evidence before I have the need to justify my atheism. I don`t consider myself militant, if it is not otherwise needed...
I was talking about other aspects of their beliefs. Examples would be people accepting the Big Bang and promoting it without knowing the first thing about it.

Regardless of whether it's right or not, the principle still applies.

ChaosBorders
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by ChaosBorders »

gabbeTroop wrote:
Even Atheism has some pretty militant people who can't justify their beliefs
But atheism isn`t a religion and "justify their beliefs"? Is it not the one claiming something who needs to present evidence? My lack of belief in a god or gods doesn`t need to be "justified" if you mean by presenting evidence or proof for it. To me, the one claiming "there is a god" needs to present his/her evidence before I have the need to justify my atheism. I don`t consider myself militant, if it is not otherwise needed...
You would probably qualify as a weak agnostic atheist then. Such a viewpoint requires no justification. However, a strong explicit atheist who claims to KNOW (as a fact) that there is no God is liable to the same demand of proof of one who claims to know as fact that God exists.