Women In Islam

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Joshua Patrick
Apprentice

Women In Islam

Post #1

Post by Joshua Patrick »

This thread for those who say Islam grants equal treatment for woman and that Islam is the best religion for her, here are some authentic references which shows how Islam degraded the woman to the lowest level, even the secular laws are better than that.

01) Woman can be beaten.
(Quran 4:34):
"...and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them;..."
وَاهْج�ر�وه�نَّ ��ي الْمَضَاج�ع� وَاضْر�ب�وه�نَّ

(E) (A)

02) Female inheritance is half the male and even less than that in some situations.
(Quran 4:11):
"Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; then if they are more than two females, they shall have two-thirds of what the deceased has left, and if there is one, she shall have the half;..."
ي�وص�يك�م� اللَّه� ��ي أَوْلَاد�ك�مْ ل�لذَّكَر� م�ثْل� حَظّ� الْأ�نْثَيَيْن�

(E) (A)

03) Unlimited polygamy & divorce.
(Quran 4:3):
"...marry women of your choice, two, or three, or four;..."
وَإ�نْ خ��ْت�مْ أَلَّا ت�قْس�ط�وا ��ي الْيَتَامَى �َانْك�ح�وا مَا طَابَ لَك�مْ م�نَ النّ�سَاء� مَثْنَى وَث�لَاثَ وَر�بَاعَ

(E) (A)

04) Women are majority of hell.
Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1982:
.......I saw Hell also. No such (abominable) sight have I ever seen as that which I saw today; and I observed that most of its inhabitants were women. They said: Messenger of Allah, on what account is it so? He said: For their ingratitude or disbelief (bi-kufraihinna). It was said: Do they disbelieve in Allah? He said: (Not for their disbelief in God) but for their ingratitude to their husbands and ingratitude to kindness. If you were to treat one of them kindly for ever, but if she later saw anything (displeasing) in you, she would say: i have never seen any good in you.
صحيح مسلم:
ورأيت النار �لم أر كاليوم منظرا قط ورأيت أكثر أهلها النساء قالوا بم يا رسول الله قال � �بك�رهن � �قيل أيك�رن بالله قال � �بك�ر � �العشير � �وبك�ر الإحسان لو أحسنت إلى إحداهن الدهر ثم رأت منك شيئا قالت ما رأيت منك خيرا قط �

(E) (A)

05) Women are the fuel of hell.
Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1926:
.....He then walked on till he came to the women and preached to them and admonished them, and asked them to give alms, for most of them are the fuel for Hell.
صحيح مسلم:
ثم مضى حتى أتى النساء �وعظهن وذكرهن �قال � �تصدقن �إن أكثركن حطب جهنم

(E) (A)

06) Bad luck in the woman.
Sahih Muslim, Book 026, Number 5526:
'Umar b. Muhammad b. Zaid reported that he heard his father narrating from Ibn 'Umar that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had said. If bad luck is a fact, then it is in the horse, the woman and the house.
صحيح مسلم:
عن النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �أنه قال � �إن يكن من الشؤم شيء حق ��ي ال�رس والمرأة والدار �
(E) (A)

07) The woman disrupt the prayer.
Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1034:
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: A woman, a donkey and a dog disrupt the prayer, but something like the back of a saddle guards against that.
صحيح مسلم:
قال رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �يقطع الصلاة المرأة والحمار والكلب � �ويقي ذلك مثل � �مؤخرة � �الرحل �
(E) (A)

08) Women are like dogs.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 9, Number 490:
The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)." I said, "You have made us (i.e. women) dogs...........
صحيح البخاري:
أنه ذكر عندها ما يقطع الصلاة �قالوا يقطعها الكلب والحمار والمرأة قالت لقد جعلتمونا كلابا
(E) (A)

09) Women are for adults suckling.
Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3424:
A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Sahla bint Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be eupon him) and said: Messengerof Allah, I see on the face of Abu Hudhaifa (signs of disgust) on entering of Salim (who is an ally) into (our house), whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Suckle him. She said: How can I suckle him as he is a grown-up man? ......
صحيح مسلم:
جاءت � �سهلة بنت سهيل � �إلى النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � ��قالت يا رسول الله إني أرى �ي وجه � �أبي حذي�ة � �من دخول � �سالم � �وهو حلي�ه �قال النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �أرضعيه قالت وكي� أرضعه وهو رجل كبير �تبسم رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �وقال قد علمت أنه رجل كبير
(E) (A)

10) Woman can have sex even during her periods (menses).
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299:
Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:
(on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to fondle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start fondling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could."
صحيح البخاري:
كانت إحدانا إذا كانت حائضا �أراد رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �أن يباشرها � �أمرها أن تتزر �ي � ��ور � �حيضتها ثم يباشرها قالت وأيكم يملك � �إربه � �كما كان النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �يملك � �إربه �
(A) (E)

11) Woman can't travel alone.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 29, Number 85:
"The Prophet said, "A woman should not travel except with a Dhu-Mahram (her husband or a man with whom that woman cannot marry at all according to the Islamic Jurisprudence), and no man may visit her except in the presence of a Dhu-Mahram." A man got up and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I intend to go to such and such an army and my wife wants to perform Hajj." The Prophet said (to him), "Go along with her (to Hajj)."
صحيح البخاري:
قال النبي � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � �لا تسا�ر المرأة إلا مع ذي محرم ولا يدخل عليها رجل إلا ومعها محرم �قال رجل يا رسول الله إني أريد أن أخرج �ي جيش كذا وكذا وامرأتي تريد الحج �قال اخرج معها �
(E) (A)

12) Woman is deficient in intelligence & religion, and her witness is half the man.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301:
Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."
صحيح البخاري:
خرج رسول الله � �صلى الله عليه وسلم � ��ي أضحى أو �طر إلى المصلى �مر على النساء �قال يا معشر النساء � �تصدقن �إني � �أريتكن � �أكثر أهل النار �قلن وبم يا رسول الله قال تكثرن � �اللعن � �وتك�رن � �العشير � �ما رأيت من ناقصات عقل ودين أذهب � �للب � �الرجل الحازم من إحداكن قلن وما نقصان ديننا وعقلنا يا رسول الله قال أليس شهادة المرأة مثل نص� شهادة الرجل قلن بلى قال �ذلك من نقصان عقلها أليس إذا حاضت لم تصل ولم تصم قلن بلى قال �ذلك من نقصان دينها �
(E) (A)

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=345566

maess

Post #21

Post by maess »

Burninglight wrote:[quote="[url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 738#455738]

Your gender is undisclosed; so, I take it u are a sister in my minds eye. Thank you for sharing. You quoted Paul in 1 Corn. Let me say this is not what we are discussing, but since you brought it up, note that Paul said a woman's hair is her covering and note also that he states a woman should be covered while praying or giving a prophecy, this is to show that she is not over the man or usurping authority over men. That is why Christian women don't keep their head constantly covered.
So if it isn't proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? what if a woman wants to be connected with God at all times?? or maybe at times where she's out and feel that she needs to be connected to god for her own safety, would that be ok?

When a woman is covered constantly in front of people with burka and all, this spells oppression to me. Many Muslim women are used to it, and they can't see it. So it does no good to ask how woman feel. Our feelings make nice servants but very poor leaders. Paul also mentions she should be shorn or shaven that is a far cry from the abuses I see on woman who didn't wear their Muslim outfits in Islamic countries.
i'm am not here to discuss what oppression is to each individual, because oppression can be when women are looked at with lust, and so leads to a lot of social and health problems (sex without marriage, foundlings, HIV, ... etc)
and so being covered can be the cure for this kind of oppression.

What Paul meant wasn't referring to the women covering themselves in the public streets or market places. He was saying if a woman is not going to have long enough hair as a covering to show she is a woman then let her share it all off, and that is not to say that someone should do it to her or against her wishes. He is just making a point not a law. Look online at the abuses of woman for not wearing their sun depriving burkas and hijabs.
I'd rather have God give me a law than make a point, i wanna know what he really wants from me. so i can have a very clear path to walk through. and again those who abuse women for not wearing their freeing hijabs that gives the respect not only to how they look but also to their brains, those who abuse them do not represent Islam.
and i recommend you go online and compare the number of these abused ladies to the number of raped and sexually harassed women just because they aren't covered.
A Muslim man explained to me about this. He said, "If you sir saw a man throw two pieces of candy on the floor one was wrapped and the other not, which one would you take to eat. I said the wrapped one. He said that is how we treat our women" I thought about it, and for a minute it made sense, but I thought even deeper about it, and I got angry. I told him: "So that is how you see women like some property or candy. Are you getting this all you Muslim women?"
You mentioned that before in one of the posts above, and everybody is free to see it from their own angle, males like to feel they have their female for themselves, this is common and nature, all animal kingdom including humans have this nature. males fight over females and he wants her for him and for him only.
no man likes to share his wife. and so from his perspective he tried to explain this to you if his simple words. (he is not sent from God, so stop holding on to that story because some might tell you he's wrong)

I as a female, tell you that if makes me feel comfortable, it makes people actually listen to what i have to say, than thinking of how i look while i'm talking. it made me sense the being of my identity even more than when i wasn't covered.

(honestly between you and yourself haven't you ever looked at a cute girl while she was talking in a serious issue, and thought of how cute she is?)
Now, the thing about when and how to beat the wife is a joke to me, and I think it is an embarrassment to many Muslims that they would have to write a 10 page essay to explain it in such a way to make it look noble & fair which it’s not. It suggests that only women will get out of line and not men. This rule of how to lightly beat your wives is to the derogation to women, but they are too subjectively involved to see it.

I am looking at it as objectively as possible, and I can tell you, it doesn't matter if you write a book on it. It leads to abuse, because what is beat woman lightly to one man is beat heavy to another. I say God says men "DO NOT BEAT YOUR WIVES AT ALL" Muslim write about it to try and explain why its Okay to do this because they can't blot it out of their Quran or they would.
Allah said: "We have explained in detail in this Quran, for the benefit of mankind, every kind of similitude: but man is, in most things, contentious." 18:54

A Woman has the right to get an arbitrator to solve her problem if her husband was out of line, and she can even divorce her husband if went out of line. (you should know more about Islam from good sources not just get information from random blogs and random videos on the internet) - check Yusuf Estes, he's a good resource.
peace

Burninglight
Guru

Post #22

Post by Burninglight »

maess wrote:
Burninglight wrote:[quote="[url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 738#455738]

Your gender is undisclosed; so, I take it u are a sister in my minds eye. Thank you for sharing. You quoted Paul in 1 Corn. Let me say this is not what we are discussing, but since you brought it up, note that Paul said a woman's hair is her covering and note also that he states a woman should be covered while praying or giving a prophecy, this is to show that she is not over the man or usurping authority over men. That is why Christian women don't keep their head constantly covered.
So if it isn't proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? what if a woman wants to be connected with God at all times?? or maybe at times where she's out and feel that she needs to be connected to god for her own safety, would that be ok?

When a woman is covered constantly in front of people with burka and all, this spells oppression to me. Many Muslim women are used to it, and they can't see it. So it does no good to ask how woman feel. Our feelings make nice servants but very poor leaders. Paul also mentions she should be shorn or shaven that is a far cry from the abuses I see on woman who didn't wear their Muslim outfits in Islamic countries.
i'm am not here to discuss what oppression is to each individual, because oppression can be when women are looked at with lust, and so leads to a lot of social and health problems (sex without marriage, foundlings, HIV, ... etc)
and so being covered can be the cure for this kind of oppression.

What Paul meant wasn't referring to the women covering themselves in the public streets or market places. He was saying if a woman is not going to have long enough hair as a covering to show she is a woman then let her share it all off, and that is not to say that someone should do it to her or against her wishes. He is just making a point not a law. Look online at the abuses of woman for not wearing their sun depriving burkas and hijabs.
I'd rather have God give me a law than make a point, i wanna know what he really wants from me. so i can have a very clear path to walk through. and again those who abuse women for not wearing their freeing hijabs that gives the respect not only to how they look but also to their brains, those who abuse them do not represent Islam.
and i recommend you go online and compare the number of these abused ladies to the number of raped and sexually harassed women just because they aren't covered.
A Muslim man explained to me about this. He said, "If you sir saw a man throw two pieces of candy on the floor one was wrapped and the other not, which one would you take to eat. I said the wrapped one. He said that is how we treat our women" I thought about it, and for a minute it made sense, but I thought even deeper about it, and I got angry. I told him: "So that is how you see women like some property or candy. Are you getting this all you Muslim women?"
You mentioned that before in one of the posts above, and everybody is free to see it from their own angle, males like to feel they have their female for themselves, this is common and nature, all animal kingdom including humans have this nature. males fight over females and he wants her for him and for him only.
no man likes to share his wife. and so from his perspective he tried to explain this to you if his simple words. (he is not sent from God, so stop holding on to that story because some might tell you he's wrong)

I as a female, tell you that if makes me feel comfortable, it makes people actually listen to what i have to say, than thinking of how i look while i'm talking. it made me sense the being of my identity even more than when i wasn't covered.

(honestly between you and yourself haven't you ever looked at a cute girl while she was talking in a serious issue, and thought of how cute she is?)
Now, the thing about when and how to beat the wife is a joke to me, and I think it is an embarrassment to many Muslims that they would have to write a 10 page essay to explain it in such a way to make it look noble & fair which it’s not. It suggests that only women will get out of line and not men. This rule of how to lightly beat your wives is to the derogation to women, but they are too subjectively involved to see it.

I am looking at it as objectively as possible, and I can tell you, it doesn't matter if you write a book on it. It leads to abuse, because what is beat woman lightly to one man is beat heavy to another. I say God says men "DO NOT BEAT YOUR WIVES AT ALL" Muslim write about it to try and explain why its Okay to do this because they can't blot it out of their Quran or they would.
Allah said: "We have explained in detail in this Quran, for the benefit of mankind, every kind of similitude: but man is, in most things, contentious." 18:54

A Woman has the right to get an arbitrator to solve her problem if her husband was out of line, and she can even divorce her husband if went out of line. (you should know more about Islam from good sources not just get information from random blogs and random videos on the internet) - check Yusuf Estes, he's a good resource.
peace
Sister you have brought up some good points, but I can tell you a woman who is dedicated to serving God and staying connected doesn't need to be in a burka. Her spirit will shine through her body, and people will know without that covering that proves nothing. That covering , IMHO, is just a pride trip. Besides, there are many lustful women that use that as a cloak to hide their promiscuity.
My heart tells me that you love God and want to please him. I don't need to see you in your burka to know. I can tell by your words and spirit and I respect you just for that. However, Jesus is the one you need to look into more.
Peace be upon you my sister of humanity