JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

New Trends in Arab Anti-Semitism?

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From the website here.
For debate:

1- Is the video above an accurate representation of Islamic theology regarding Jews?

2- Is it an accurate portrayal of Arab (Islamic?) Television regarding how they portray or speak of Jews?

2- Does it accurately portray the sentiments of a majority of Muslims?

I admit to my real or perceived bias regarding the Muslim faith and do not present this video to enflame, but to encourage dialogue.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #31

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 30:
RightKnowledge999 wrote: ...
I Going To Show You Who Control The Media Ok But First Watch How...
I can't escape thinking if you could do so you wouldn't bother beating around the bush about it.
RightKnowledge999 wrote: I'll Let To cnorman18 Wait Another Day Being He Can't Help Following Around . Give Him A Chance To Get His-self Together You .
This observer has seen where cnorman18 has presented his case (right or wrong) and all you've done is make veiled and not so veiled accusations with absolutely no presentation of evidence for your case.

I propose if one needs to "get his-self together", you may wish to get right on doing that.
RightKnowledge999 wrote: Oh I Forgot Was God Name Arthur Balfour ? Because I Can't Find Is Name Anywhere In The Scriptures
How does Balfour support your position? Does the fact he was for a Jewish state (or some such term) have any bearing on the OP?

You seem to be ignoring the OP, and instead focusing on misdeeds of someone or some group you seem reticent to name.

How does the misdeeds of any individual or group absolve the Arab / Muslim media of the atrocious claims they present in the referenced video?

I'll ask it again, if Jews control US media, how does that absolve the Arab / Muslim media of their claims presented in the referenced video?

'I promise to present my evidence...later' is as weak a form of debate as I'm aware of.

I call fraud.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Question

Post #32

Post by McCulloch »

McCulloch's best translation into English of RightKnowledge999' word salad wrote: Understand something if you can. To believe something means you don't know, understand? If I can get you to believe something I can get you to do most anything, and beliefs imply doubt. What am I saying to you, I don't believe anything, ok? Also, this is where your media comes in, understand? Getting people to believe or to accept whatever the media put out there. I am going to show you who control the media ok but first watch how - cnorman18 and those who agree with him and you come with that anti-Semitism crap, trying to flip the script, meaning try to change what I'm saying or posting which is a masterful trick. Next step is he not one of us he hates Jew etc etc etc. Now when I show you who is in control of the media, I would like for you to research it on your own. Let see how truthful you can be, ok, without coming back with that anti-Semitism crap excuses, ok?
I haven't studied the history of the founding of the state of Israel
I doubt this because you would know both sides of the story, and if you knew both side of the story, how could you pick one side and be truthful with yourself ???
To me, the past should remain in the past. There should just be two states in the region and everyone should move on and stop killing each other.
Here is a question for you. I hope that you can be truthful with yourself and other here ok. If I came to you house and took over and told you what you could and couldn't do in your own house what would you do to me? Oh, by the way, do you agree with everything that link? Lolololol. I'll be back with my answer on who controls the media. I'll let to cnorman18 wait another day being he can't help following around. Give him a chance to get himself together you.

Oh, I forgot was God’s name Arthur Balfour? Because I can't find is name anywhere in the scriptures.
Our brains do not distinguish between belief and knowledge. You can know something that is false. To believe something means that you have accepted that something as true. Yes, there are degrees of certainty to beliefs. Somethings you may believe with a great deal of certainty while others you might be less sure of.

I look forward to whatever you might have to say about media control. So far, all I've seen is some posturing. But if I may anticipate one possible area, it is not The Jews who control the media.

As to the rest of the post, there are quite a few words, but really nothing is said that merits a response.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

cnorman18

Re: New Trends in Arab Anti-Semitism?

Post #33

Post by cnorman18 »

Perhaps now we can all get back to the actual topic for debate here?

Allow me to repost the OP with the corrected link:
JoeyKnothead wrote:From the website here.
For debate:

1- Is the video above an accurate representation of Islamic theology regarding Jews?

2- Is it an accurate portrayal of Arab (Islamic?) Television regarding how they portray or speak of Jews?

2- Does it accurately portray the sentiments of a majority of Muslims?

I admit to my real or perceived bias regarding the Muslim faith and do not present this video to enflame, but to encourage dialogue.

Musaa
Banned
Banned

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post #34

Post by Musaa »

This article is about the broadcasting executive. For the philosopher, see William Paley
William Samuel Paley (September 28, 1901 – October 26, 1990) was the chief executive who built Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) from a small radio network into one of the foremost radio and television network operations in the United States.

William Samuel Paley
Born September 28, 1901(1901-09-28)
Chicago, Illinois
Died October 26, 1990(1990-10-26) (aged 89)
New York City
Education The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Spouse Dorothy Hart Hearst (1908-1998) (1932–1947) «start: (1932)–end+1: (1948)»"Marriage: Dorothy Hart Hearst (1908-1998) to William S. Paley" Location: (linkback:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_S._Paley)
Barbara "Babe" Cushing Mortimer (1915-1978) (1947–1978) «start: (1947)–end+1: (1979)»"Marriage: Barbara "Babe" Cushing Mortimer (1915-1978) to William S. Paley" Location: (linkback:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_S._Paley)
Parents Samuel Paley

Paley's father, Samuel Paley, a Ukrainian Jewish immigrant, ran a cigar company and, as the company became increasingly successful, the new millionaire moved his family to Philadelphia in the early 1920s.[2] William Paley matriculated at Western Military Academy in Alton, IL then received his college degree from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania in expectation that he would take an increasingly active role running the family cigar business.[2]

The younger Paley's career took a fateful turn in 1927 when his father, brother-in-law and some business partners bought a struggling Philadelphia-based radio network of 16 stations called the Columbia Phonographic Broadcasting System.[3] Paley Senior's intention had been to use his acquisition as nothing more than an advertising medium for promoting the family's cigar business, which included the La Palina brand. Within a year, under William's leadership, cigar sales had more than doubled, and, in 1928, the Paley family secured majority ownership of the network. Within a decade, Paley had expanded the network to 114 affiliate stations with WCAU radio and later WCAU TV as the flagship stations.

Musaa
Banned
Banned

Jew Owned Media

Post #35

Post by Musaa »

Click here: Jew Owned Media | Subverted Nation
Jew Owned Media
BACK TO INDEX
Mortimer Zuckerman – owner of NY Daily News, US News & World Report and chair of the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish American Organizations, one of the largest pro-Israel lobbying groups.

Leslie Moonves – president of CBS television, great-nephew of David Ben-Gurion, and co-chair with Norman Ornstein of the Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligation of Digital TV Producers, appointed by Clinton.

Jonathan Miller – chair and CEO of AOL division of AOL-Time-Warner

Neil Shapiro – president of NBC News

Jeff Gaspin – Executive Vice-President, Programming, NBC

David Westin – president of ABC News

Sumner Redstone – CEO of Viacom, “world’s biggest media giant� (Economist, 11/23/2) owns Viacom cable, CBS and MTVs all over the world, Blockbuster video rentals and Black Entertainment TV.

Michael Eisner – major owner of Walt Disney, Capitol Cities, ABC.

Rupert Murdoch – Owner Fox TV, New York Post, London Times, News of the World (Jewish mother Elisabeth Joy Greene)

Mel Karzamin – president of CBS

Don Hewitt – Exec. Director, 60 Minutes, CBS

Jeff Fager – Exec. Director, 60 Minutes II. CBS

David Poltrack – Executive Vice-President, Research and Planning, CBS

Sandy Krushow – Chair, Fox Entertainment

Lloyd Braun – Chair, ABC Entertainment

Barry Meyer – chair, Warner Bros.

Sherry Lansing – President of Paramount Communications and Chairman of Paramount Pictures’ Motion Picture Group.

Harvey Weinstein – CEO. Miramax Films.

Brad Siegel – President, Turner Entertainment.

Peter Chernin – second in-command at Rupert Murdoch’s News. Corp., owner of Fox TV

Marty Peretz – owner and publisher of the New Republic, which openly identifies itself as pro-Israel. Al Gore credits Marty with being his “mentor.�

Arthur O. Sulzberger Jr. – publisher of the NY Times, the Boston Globe and other publications.

William Safire – syndicated columnist for the NYT.

Tom Friedman – syndicated columnist for the NYT.

Charles Krauthammer – syndicated columnist for the Washington Post. Honored by Honest Reporting.com, website monitoring “anti-Israel media.�

Richard Cohen – syndicated columnist for the Washington Post

Jeff Jacoby – syndicated columnist for the Boston Globe

Norman Ornstein – American Enterprise Inst., regular columnist for USA Today, news analyst for CBS, and co-chair with Leslie Moonves of the Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligation of Digital TV Producers, appointed by Clinton.

Arie Fleishcer – Dubya’s press secretary.

Stephen Emerson – every media outlet’s first choice as an expert on domestic terrorism.

David Schneiderman – owner of the Village Voice and the New Times network of “alternative weeklies.�

Dennis Leibowitz – head of Act II Partners, a media hedge fund

Kenneth Pollack – for CIA analysts, director of Saban Center for Middle East Policy, writes op-eds in NY Times, New Yorker

Barry Diller – chair of USA Interactive, former owner of Universal Entertainment, CEO of 20th Century Fox and QVC

Kenneth Roth – Executive Director of Human Rights Watch

Richard Leibner – runs the N.S. Bienstock talent agency, which represents 600 news personalities such as Dan Rather, Dianne Sawyer and Bill O’Reilly.

Terry Semel – CEO, Yahoo, former chair, Warner Bros.

Mark Golin – VP and Creative Director, AOL

Warren Lieberford – Pres., Warner Bros. Home Video Div. of AOL- TimeWarner

Jeffrey Zucker – President of NBC Entertainment

Jack Myers – NBC, chief NYT 5.14.2

Sandy Grushow – chair of Fox Entertainment

Gail Berman – president of Fox Entertainment

Stephen Spielberg – co-founder/owner of Dreamworks

Jeffrey Katzenberg – co-founder/owner of Dreamworks, Disney

David Geffen – co-owner of Dreamworks

otseng
Savant

Post #36

Post by otseng »

Moderator comment:

Musaa, your previous posts are against the rules on several counts.

7. Do not post frivolous, flame bait, or inflammatory messages.
8. Extensive quotes from another source (particularly other websites) should state the source to avoid plagiarism.
10. Spamming (duplicate posts, advertisements, etc) is not allowed.

Please make sure you read through the rules and abide by them.

cnorman18

Post #37

Post by cnorman18 »

Here's the source: judge its agenda -- and its credibility -- for yourselves:

http://www.subvertednation.net/

I'd also point out that, contemptible bigotry and hatepeddling aside, that post was offtopic.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Jew Owned Media

Post #38

Post by McCulloch »

Musaa wrote: Jew Owned Media | Subverted Nation
Why did you leave off "Moses Znaimer, co-founder of Citytv and the current head of ZoomerMedia."?

The point is that in any human enterprise in a society where there are a significant number of Jews, you will be able to find Jewish persons involved, except where there are barriers in place to exclude them. Typically, in my experience, they are often over-represented in certain areas like humanitarian charity work, perhaps there is something that is emphasized in their culture. However, it would be rash to conclude that there is some kind of Jewish conspiracy to take over or even dominate such enterprises.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

cnorman18

Re: Jew Owned Media

Post #39

Post by cnorman18 »

McCulloch wrote:
Musaa wrote: Jew Owned Media | Subverted Nation
Why did you leave off "Moses Znaimer, co-founder of Citytv and the current head of ZoomerMedia."?

The point is that in any human enterprise in a society where there are a significant number of Jews, you will be able to find Jewish persons involved, except where there are barriers in place to exclude them. Typically, in my experience, they are often over-represented in certain areas like humanitarian charity work, perhaps there is something that is emphasized in their culture. However, it would be rash to conclude that there is some kind of Jewish conspiracy to take over or even dominate such enterprises.
My original intent, when I clicked on the "quote" button, was to point out that, as true and correct as it is, this post is also offtopic: the subject of this thread is "Arab Anti-Semitism."

Then it occurred to me that from another perspective, it truly isn't offtopic. We are not discussing Arab antisemitism, but we do seem to be seeing further examples of it.

Carry on.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #40

Post by Goat »

A story is told of a Jewish man who was riding on the subway reading an Arab newspaper.
A friend of his, who happened to been riding in the same subway car
, noticed this strange phenomenon. Very upset, he approached the newspaper reader:
"Moshe, have you lost your mind? Why are you reading an Arab newspaper?"

Moshe replied: "I used to read the Jewish newspaper, but what did I find?
Anti-Semitism in Europe, terrorism in Israel, Jews disappearing through assimilation
and intermarriage, Jews living in poverty. So I switched to the Arab newspaper.
Now what do I find? Jews own all the banks, Jews control the media, Jews are all rich
and powerful, Jews rule the world. The news is so much better!".
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella