According christian bible there are .....

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Musaa
Banned
Banned

According christian bible there are .....

Post #1

Post by Musaa »

According to ( Rhonan ) this site is Balanced and Fair,

According christian bible there are .
1 . The ( deformities in and out of the bible six fingers ( 2nd Samuel 21 ; 20 ) .
2 . ( Prostitution ) in and out of the bible ( Genesis 38 ; 24 , Leviticus 19 ; 20 )
3 . ( Cannivalism ) in and out of the bible ( 2Kings 6 ; 28 - 29 ) .
4 .The ( Rape ) in and out of the bible ( Genesis 34 ; 14 ) .
5 . ( Gluttony ) in and out of the bible ( Deuteronomy 21 ; 22 ) .
6 . ( Alcoholism ) in and out of the bible ( Deuteronomy 21 ; 20 ) .
7 . ( Incest ) in and out of the bible Lot and his two daughters ( Genesis 19 ; 33 , 35 ) , Amon with his sister ( 2Samuel 13 ; 2 , 14 ) , Nahor and his niece ( Genesis 11 ; 29 ) , Amran with his aunt ( Exodus 6 ; 20 ) , Abraham and his half sister ( Genesis 20 ; 12 ) .
8 . ( Robbery ) in and out of the bible ( 2Corinthians 11 ; 8 ) .
9 . ( Murder ) in and out of the bible ( Exodus 4 ; 24 ) .
10 . ( Kidnapping in and out of the bible ( Leviticus 19 ; 13 ) , Which was commited by '' The lord thy God '' himself in Leviticus 26 ; 22 . Is this the new 10 commandment of the lord thy God ?

Wyvern
Under Probation

Re: According christian bible there are .....

Post #11

Post by Wyvern »

Musaa wrote:According to ( Rhonan ) this site is Balanced and Fair,

1 . The ( deformities in and out of the bible six fingers ( 2nd Samuel 21 ; 20 ) .
2 . ( Prostitution ) in and out of the bible ( Genesis 38 ; 24 , Leviticus 19 ; 20 )
7 . ( Incest ) in and out of the bible Lot and his two daughters ( Genesis 19 ; 33 , 35 ) , Amon with his sister ( 2Samuel 13 ; 2 , 14 ) , Nahor and his niece ( Genesis 11 ; 29 ) , Amran with his aunt ( Exodus 6 ; 20 ) , Abraham and his half sister ( Genesis 20 ; 12 ) .
10 . ( Kidnapping in and out of the bible ( Leviticus 19 ; 13 ) , Which was commited by '' The lord thy God '' himself in Leviticus 26 ; 22 . Is this the new 10 commandment of the lord thy God ?
What would lead you to believe the god of the bible commands people to commit these acts? In fact a number of these are considered deadly sins by traditional christianity.

fewwillfindit
Guru

Post #12

Post by fewwillfindit »

Musaa wrote:3 . ( Cannivalism ) in and out of the bible ( 2Kings 6 ; 28 - 29 )
Darias wrote:I haven't had time to check all those verses, but I know that Calvinism is a man made doctrine formulated based upon select scriptures, just as any doctrine is.
The OP meant cannibalism, not Calvinism.
2 Kings:28-29

And the king asked her, "What is your trouble?" She answered, "This woman said to me, 'Give your son, that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow.' So we boiled my son and ate him. And on the next day I said to her, 'Give your son, that we may eat him.' But she has hidden her son."
Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

Darias
Guru

Post #13

Post by Darias »

fewwillfindit wrote:
Darias wrote:I haven't had time to check all those verses, but I know that Calvinism is a man made doctrine formulated based upon select scriptures, just as any doctrine is.

And the king asked her, "What is your trouble?" She answered, "This woman said to me, 'Give your son, that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow.' So we boiled my son and ate him. And on the next day I said to her, 'Give your son, that we may eat him.' But she has hidden her son."
I thought Calvinism was kinda out of place in the list. LOL I must have been half-asleep when I posted that.

fewwillfindit
Guru

Post #14

Post by fewwillfindit »

Darias wrote:
fewwillfindit wrote:

I thought Calvinism was kinda out of place in the list. LOL I must have been half-asleep when I posted that.
No problem. The whole list is out of place and doesn't make a lick of sense anyway. To attempt to take ten bad things that happened to be mentioned in the Bible and somehow misconstrue them as commandments is not a sound argument.
Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

imagesofjesus
Student

Post #15

Post by imagesofjesus »

fewwillfindit wrote:
Darias wrote:
fewwillfindit wrote:

No problem. The whole list is out of place and doesn't make a lick of sense anyway. To attempt to take ten bad things that happened to be mentioned in the Bible and somehow misconstrue them as commandments is not a sound argument.
This was an interesting thread. Kinda wondered where it was going, but appears to have ended here.
Michael Lee Joshua

Images of Jesus

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #16

Post by Adstar »

This muslim was using incidences in the bible of people sinning to say the bible was affirming those acts as good. He used incidences of incest to suggest the bible was making a law in support of incest.

Really it does not even justify a response.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Darias
Guru

Post #17

Post by Darias »

Adstar wrote:This muslim was using incidences in the bible of people sinning to say the bible was affirming those acts as good. He used incidences of incest to suggest the bible was making a law in support of incest.

Really it does not even justify a response.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
Actually, if I recall correctly, the OP was an anti-Theist. He had problems with Islam too -- and all of religion in general. But his arguments were not very sound in general; plus he was very rude and hostile to everyone, which is probably why he was eventually banned.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #18

Post by Burninglight »

Darias wrote:

People aren't allowed to use the Bible as an authoritative source in most of the threads of this forum, except for the theology section.

This is because many people here are not Christians and don't see the Bible as truth.

I haven't had time to check all those verses, but I know that Calvinism is a man made doctrine formulated based upon select scriptures, just as any doctrine is.

I also know the Qur'an has its share of bloody and inhumane verses, just like the Old Testament or whatever. So, if you're trying to say the Qur'an is better than the Bible and that the Bible is full of commandments for evil -- you're wrong.

From what I've read, the Qur'an has its fair share of unjust and disturbing verses -- like beheading people etc.

Those 10 points you listed are not "The Ten Commandments"

As far as I'm concerned, as a Christian, and as a historian, I don't think you know what you are talking about.
You are right, but I am surprised you even wrote that guy back not only was the question stupid; it mad no sense. If I were him I would destroy the post and thread

Burninglight
Guru

Post #19

Post by Burninglight »

I am surprised someone bothered to answer your question. You know those are not new commandments, and it is obvious you are trying to attack the Bible. So why should you act surprised receiving an response like "You don't know what you talking about." You are not a stupid person, but you asked a stupid question.
The Bible is a history book that shows man's good and evil acts and God's intervention with judgment and mercy. I can tell you straight out that I know Muslims believe the Bible is corrupted. But why? Muhammad never said the the Bible was corrupted. Do Muslim believe that man's power to corrupt is greater than God's power to preserve His word like He promised in the Book of Psalms?