witchcraft

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Telora
Apprentice

witchcraft

Post #1

Post by Telora »

Is there any middle ground between the actions that can be considered supernatural witchcraft and the faiths that directly forbid it, what exactly is forbidden and why?

Serpent Oracle
Scholar

Post #161

Post by Serpent Oracle »

Burninglight wrote: I am not the Lord.
Nor are you his spokesman, nor does he speak through you.

You are not a prophet, you are not Christ...you are a fallible, subjective, humble little mobile bag of water and chemicals, crawling about upon the surface of a blue planet...totally and utterly insignificant in this vast universe...which is far greater than you can ever imagine.

Serpent Oracle
Scholar

Post #162

Post by Serpent Oracle »

Burning Light...cast aside your false God...and open your mind to the songs of the Serpent... ;)

Burninglight
Guru

Post #163

Post by Burninglight »

Serpent Oracle wrote:
Burninglight wrote: I am not the Lord.
Nor are you his spokesman, nor does he speak through you.

You are not a prophet, you are not Christ...you are a fallible, subjective, humble little mobile bag of water and chemicals, crawling about upon the surface of a blue planet...totally and utterly insignificant in this vast universe...which is far greater than you can ever imagine.
How do you know I am insignificant or not a prophet as far as your concerned?

Serpent Oracle
Scholar

Post #164

Post by Serpent Oracle »

Burninglight wrote: How do you know I am insignificant or not a prophet as far as your concerned?
We are all insignificant, I know this scares you, but you should not be scared.

You are not a prophet, not yet at any rate, not while you simply reiterate dogma.

A prophet if such a thing truly exists must have a unique message for mankind, Jesus's main message was that man needs no intercessories in loving communion with the divine, no priests or idols or rituals required, a message that sadly has become corrupted most ironically by the worship of Jesus as God the Son, not to mention the veneration of Saints and Angels...and even the 'vicar of God' the Pope.
Last edited by Serpent Oracle on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Suluby
Apprentice

Post #165

Post by Suluby »

Burninglight wrote: Divine insight my comments about other religions or forgiving you for you insults to me is not judging you personally or any individual personally. Your comments like "He just keeps on preaching like a deaf dumb and blind energizer bunny; Your spreading of hatred (i.e. condemnation) in Jesus' name is truly disgusting." These are judgments.

You need to learn to not take my comments about witchcraft personally. Everyone does a certain amount of promoting their faith;' it is not always avoidable. You can say what you like about my faith. I don't take it personally. God doesn't need me to fight His battles for him. Maybe it is because Islam and witchcraft have no security from God that people take personally anything said against it. I haven't judged or condemned anyone that is not my job.
Oh

So if I say something about Christianity that you perceive to be insulting &/or wrong ..... you should not take it personally.

Then you should not speak up in defense of your beliefs. After all, you advise others not to when you are the one who's saying things!! Why are you giving people advice that you wouldn't follow?

According to my beliefs, Christianity offers no guarantees from G-d. No religion does.

Judging and condemnation aren't your job, I agree. But that hasn't stopped you from saying judgmental and condemnatory things to anyone who disagrees with your version of Christianity.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. ~Oscar Wilde

Burninglight
Guru

Post #166

Post by Burninglight »

Suluby wrote:
Burninglight wrote: Divine insight my comments about other religions or forgiving you for you insults to me is not judging you personally or any individual personally. Your comments like "He just keeps on preaching like a deaf dumb and blind energizer bunny; Your spreading of hatred (i.e. condemnation) in Jesus' name is truly disgusting." These are judgments.

You need to learn to not take my comments about witchcraft personally. Everyone does a certain amount of promoting their faith;' it is not always avoidable. You can say what you like about my faith. I don't take it personally. God doesn't need me to fight His battles for him. Maybe it is because Islam and witchcraft have no security from God that people take personally anything said against it. I haven't judged or condemned anyone that is not my job.
Suluby wrote:
Oh

So if I say something about Christianity that you perceive to be insulting &/or wrong ..... you should not take it personally.
That is correct! I wouldn't be offended.
Suluby wrote:
Then you should not speak up in defense of your beliefs. After all, you advise others not to when you are the one who's saying things!! Why are you giving people advice that you wouldn't follow?
That doesn't mean I won't share my opinion about any given comment or verses pertaining to it!

Suluby wrote:

According to my beliefs, Christianity offers no guarantees from G-d. No religion does.
That is incorrect. Romans 10 that if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God raised Him from the dead, thou shall be saved
Suluby wrote:
Judging and condemnation aren't your job, I agree. But that hasn't stopped you from saying judgmental and condemnatory things to anyone who disagrees with your version of Christianity.

You are intitled to your opinion. I don't believe I have judged anyone. Can you prove that?

Serpent Oracle
Scholar

Post #167

Post by Serpent Oracle »

Incidently Burning Light the Bible is a false idol, like the Koran.

A human made thing treated as if it was divinely inspired and 100% altruistic, used to justify all kinds of actions.

Humans by the admission of the Bible oddly enough are fallible and imperfect.

So any product of humanity claiming divine status is automatically suspect as no human being can be infallible and reproduce the will of God perfectly, written or otherwise.

Think about it...it cannot be otherwise.

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Post #168

Post by JohnPaul »

Burninglight wrote:
If what I say doesn't speak to your heart ignore it. The Lord does, sometimes, speak through people. If someone says a verse from the Bible or makes a comment about what I believe and it doesn't fit me, I don't wear it. Many people get offended and react if the shoe fits them. Are you one of them? How am I chastening you? I am not the Lord.
Burninglight condemns other people and then attempts to avoid responsibility by claiming he is "only the messenger."

Well, two can play that game. Psychology was not my major in school, but I have read enough to know that "psychologists say" that people with a very low sense of self-worth often persuade themselves that some superior being has recognized their great value and worth and has specially chosen them, revealed unto them the "true light" and raised them up among their fellows by delegating to them the awesome responsibility to carry the true Word unto their unfortunate fellows still wallowing in darkness, and to save them from their error. Of course, this humble person is only a messenger. It is up to us to recognize his vast superiority and worth as the chosen bearer of the word of God unto us.

Of course, this is not my judgment. I am not a psychologist. I am only the messenger.

Serpent Oracle
Scholar

Post #169

Post by Serpent Oracle »

JohnPaul wrote: Well, two can play that game. Psychology was not my major in school, but I have read enough to know that "psychologists say" that people with a very low sense of self-worth often persuade themselves that some superior being has recognized their great value and worth and has specially chosen them
He doesn't realise how transparent he is, unfortunately.

He has worth that he has no comprehension of...he is unique, one of a kind, a totally singular lifeform, the only one in the entire universe.
He should realise how special he is and at the same time so fragile and fleeting...like we all are.

The universe doesn't care what happens to us, we are on our own, lets strive ahead and light those symbolic candles, instead of sitting in our caves and cursing the darkness...waiting for deliverance.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #170

Post by Divine Insight »

Burninglight wrote: God doesn't need me to fight His battles for him.
I wish you'd take that one single thought and run with it.

I'm personally not even having any battles with any Gods. I'm in harmony with the creator of reality. There are no "battles" here.

But concerning specific religious doctrines, I've shown evidence from the Hebrew scriptures where Jesus defended himself against accusations of performing miracles or magic in the name of Satan.

And I've shown how his personal argument and defense must necessarily apply to everyone who performs magic or seemingly supernatural miracles.

So unless you can change the scriptures, you can hardly use Jesus to renounce witchcraft as a blanket item (as you have been doing). Jesus' argument to the Pharisees simply doesn't fit in with your judgements against witchcraft.

In short, you're wrong to use Jesus, or Christianity, for that purpose. Because clearly Jesus does not support your view.

That's just a fact of scriptures.