Does religion ___ have any unforgivable sins?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

davidwr

Does religion ___ have any unforgivable sins?

Post #1

Post by davidwr »

Let's develop a list of religions, sects, denominations, and other groups that have "unforgivable sins."

[Edit] Oops, I didn't check that "Non-Christian Religions and Philosophies" is in a debate section. I can't find an appropriate discussion forum for this. Would the first administrator to see this be kind enough to move it to the most-appropriate forum? Thanks.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #11

Post by Goat »

happy forever wrote:
flitzerbiest wrote:The greatest sin in all religions seems to be heresy--believing something other than the prevailing groupthink.
Former Christian,
We Muslims never never leave our religion, you know why?
Of course, that is not a true statement. For example, we have a member that is a former Muslim on this board , although he hasn't shown up recently.

One reason, according to some, is that leaving the religion is a death sentence.

http://anglicansablaze.blogspot.com/201 ... nvert.html
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #12

Post by Adstar »

happy forever wrote:
Adstar wrote:Disbelieving in God is not an unforgivable sin. One can disbelieve in their lives but still come to believe in God later in life. If disbelieving in God was an unforgivable sin then Christians would not bother sharing their faith with unbelievers.

The only unforgivable sin in Christianity is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Once that sin is committed then the sinner will have no forgiveness, ever.

All praise The Ancient Of Days
Who is The God?
The God is the Creator. He creates us for a purpose not in vain.
He gives us mind to know Him, not in vain.
He created this lower life to test us, to know Him, to follow His rules, to believe in His messengers, to believe in His books, to worship Him, not in vain.
He created us with body and soul to live for our body and soul not the body alone not the soul alone and again following his rules and orders and we should obey Him or else this life is in vain.
This life is not in vain.

"We created not the heaven and the earth and all that is between them in play. (16) If We had wished to find a pastime, We could have found it in Our presence - if We ever did. (17) Nay, but We hurl the true against the false, and it doth break its head and lo! it vanisheth. And yours will be woe for that which ye ascribe (unto Him). (18) Unto Him belongeth whosoever is in the heavens and the earth. And those who dwell in His presence are not too proud to worship Him, nor do they weary; (19) They glorify (Him) night and day; they flag not. (20) Or have they chosen Gods from the earth who raise the dead? (21) If there were therein Gods beside Allah, then verily both (the heavens and the earth) had been disordered. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, from all that they ascribe (unto Him). (22) He will not be questioned as to that which He doeth, but they will be questioned. (23) Or have they chosen other gods beside Him? say: Bring your proof (of their godhead). This is the Reminder of those with me and those before me, but most of them know not the Truth and so they are averse. (24) And We sent no messenger before thee but We inspired him, (saying): There is no God save Me (Allah), so worship Me. (25) And they say: The Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a son. Be He glorified! Nay, but (those whom they call sons) are honoured slaves; (26) They speak not until He hath spoken, and they act by His command. (27) He knoweth what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot intercede except for him whom He accepteth, and they quake for awe of Him. (28)" Quran [21-17]
I cannot see anything in your reply that corresponds with anything said in what you quoted from me. You did not reply to my point at all as far as i can see.

And of course i do not believe that muhammed was a true messanger of the God of Abraham.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

happy forever
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by happy forever »

Adstar wrote:Disbelieving in God is not an unforgivable sin. One can disbelieve in their lives but still come to believe in God later in life. If disbelieving in God was an unforgivable sin then Christians would not bother sharing their faith with unbelievers.

The only unforgivable sin in Christianity is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Once that sin is committed then the sinner will have no forgiveness, ever.

I tried to tell you who is The True God because if you know Him you wouldn't write that.
Yes, you're right The God is The All-Forgiving as He responds to all who ask His forgiveness and all who repent from their sins whether minor or major sins.
When an athiest or infidal or idolater leave his disbelief and return to Allah, this believer becomes like a new born child so pure like a blank page with no sins at all to start a new life. The accountability starts with his belief and will not be judged for his past sins not only that but also he keeps the rewards of his past good deeds.
"Except those who repent and believe, and do righteous deeds, for those, Allâh will change their sins into good deeds, and Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful(70)" [25-70]

If someone died a disbeliever rejecting the truth when comes before him, no way to be forgiven and will be tortured forever.
"And those in the Fire will say to the keepers (angels) of Hell: "Call upon your Lord to lighten for us the torment for a day!" (49)They will say: "Did there not come to you, your Messengers with (clear) evidences (and signs)? They will say: "Yes." They will reply: "Then call (as you like)! And the invocation of the disbelievers is nothing but in vain (as it will not be answered by Allah)!" (50) Verily, We will indeed make victorious Our Messengers and those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh) in this world's life and on the Day when the witnesses will stand forth, (i.e. Day of Resurrection),— (51)" [40-50]

The Holy Spirit is a great creature, a slave to Allah like all of us. The balsphemy of the Holy Spirit is a great sin but it is Allah who forgives and punish any sin and everything is under His will.

Murad
Guru

Post #14

Post by Murad »

Moderator Comment

Happy forever, you seem to be preaching more than debating, preaching is not allowed on this forum.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #15

Post by Adstar »

happy forever wrote:

I tried to tell you who is The True God because if you know Him you wouldn't write that.
Well that’s just a statement from you. I can simply reply with a counter statement such as.

If you knew the true God then you would agree with what i wrote above.

Yes, you're right The God is The All-Forgiving as He responds to all who ask His forgiveness and all who repent from their sins whether minor or major sins.
When an athiest or infidal or idolater leave his disbelief and return to Allah, this believer becomes like a new born child so pure like a blank page with no sins at all to start a new life. The accountability starts with his belief and will not be judged for his past sins not only that but also he keeps the rewards of his past good deeds.
Firstly i do not believe The True God is called allah. He is called YAVEH or I AM or another acceptable title like The Almighty or The Ancient of Days.

Secondly I believe that once one accepts that they can only have eternity with God through His mercy, by being forgiven, and seeks Gods forgiveness through the Messiah Jesus. Then not only will their former sins be forgiven but any other sins they may commit for the rest of their lives will also be forgiven. As long as they continue to believe that they need forgiveness to have eternity with God and that they continue to believe Jesus.

"Except those who repent and believe, and do righteous deeds, for those, Allâh will change their sins into good deeds, and Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful(70)" [25-70]
Everyone sins and continues to sin no matter what they believe in relation to God. Therefore no one can justify themselves to earn eternity with God by their own deeds. Because no matter what good deeds they do they will always fall short and not keep themselves sinless.

No good deeds can pay for eternity in paradise. Eternity with God is far to greater reward than any man could earn it by good deeds in his short insignificant life time. So therefore Eternity with God can only ever be a Gift from God. And a true Gift is one that is never paid for. Indeed it is an insult to the Gift Giver to offer payment for their gift.
If someone died a disbeliever rejecting the truth when comes before him, no way to be forgiven and will be tortured forever.
Yes if one rejects the wonderful gift of Gods forgiveness through the Messiah Jesus one will have eternity in torment in the Lake of Fire.
"And those in the Fire will say to the keepers (angels) of Hell: "Call upon your Lord to lighten for us the torment for a day!" (49)They will say: "Did there not come to you, your Messengers with (clear) evidences (and signs)? They will say: "Yes." They will reply: "Then call (as you like)! And the invocation of the disbelievers is nothing but in vain (as it will not be answered by Allah)!" (50) Verily, We will indeed make victorious Our Messengers and those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh) in this world's life and on the Day when the witnesses will stand forth, (i.e. Day of Resurrection),— (51)" [40-50]
Firstly. There will be no keepers of the lake of fire. satan and one third of the angels will be cast into the Lake of Fire with all those people who have rejected the forgiveness of God through the Messiah Jesus. satan and his angels will suffer eternal torment just like the humans who go there.
The Holy Spirit is a great creature, a slave to Allah like all of us. The balsphemy of the Holy Spirit is a great sin but it is Allah who forgives and punish any sin and everything is under His will.
The Holy Spirit is God. Jesus is God and the Father is God. They are all the same they are all One.

happy forever
Apprentice

Post #16

Post by happy forever »

Murad wrote:Moderator Comment

Happy forever, you seem to be preaching more than debating, preaching is not allowed on this forum.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.
"Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth, best who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance. (125)" [16-125]

Preaching is the best kind of debate and as you notice I provide a respectful information and open the gates for respectful debate or what you think?

happy forever
Apprentice

Post #17

Post by happy forever »

Adstar wrote:
happy forever wrote:
Adstar wrote: The Holy Spirit is God. Jesus is God and the Father is God. They are all the same they are all One.

Imagine that I am a primitive or a mature new born child, and you are trying to convince me that god is three and the three are one. Not only that, but there are other ten people who are trying to convince me of their different religions, what will you do in order to succeed in convincing me of your religion.
In other words, how will you win the compitition?
In other words, what is the evidence that your religion is the right one?
In other words, If you beieve that God is just, then His right religion must be clear strong supported by evidence and miracles because truth must be apparent and falsehood must be vanished.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #18

Post by Adstar »

happy forever wrote:
Adstar wrote:
happy forever wrote:
Adstar wrote: The Holy Spirit is God. Jesus is God and the Father is God. They are all the same they are all One.

Imagine that I am a primitive or a mature new born child, and you are trying to convince me that god is three and the three are one. Not only that, but there are other ten people who are trying to convince me of their different religions, what will you do in order to succeed in convincing me of your religion.
In other words, how will you win the compitition?
It is not about winning an argument. It is about giving a Message from God to the ones who will accept the Message. If only 2 out of 100 people accept the Message then only 2 where ever going to accept the Message. If 98 accept one of the wrong messages then so be it.

Remember God is above us in His ability in His nature so much so that He is not understandable to human minds, with our limited understanding. So if you give a description of God that men can understand you are more likely to be giving a false description. And If i give a message that men cannot work out in their minds, that they find incomprehensible then that description is actually more likely to be correct.

The Message of God being The Father, The Word, and the Holy Spirit and being One all at the same time is incomprehensible to the human mind.
In other words, what is the evidence that your religion is the right one?
The Message that comes through the Bible moves those who are going to accept the Message. The Word of God has power to cause belief and trust in God.

Hebrews 4
2 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

So the message itself moves and convinces those who will accept it. The Message itself has the power to do this. Supporting arguments are merely interesting side issue's, not really the central way to belief.
In other words, If you beieve that God is just, then His right religion must be clear strong supported by evidence and miracles because truth must be apparent and falsehood must be vanished.
But if God wants to give those who have a love for evil a way to reject His truth, so that they may be condemned, then He will deliver a message through His messengers that can be denied. He must produce a message that will draw to believe those who have a love for the truth while also sending a message that will cause those who hate the love of the truth to be repelled.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #19

Post by Adstar »

happy forever wrote:
Murad wrote:Moderator Comment

Please review the Rules.

"Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth, best who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance. (125)" [16-125]

Preaching is the best kind of debate and as you notice I provide a respectful information and open the gates for respectful debate or what you think?
Don't expect this exchange between us to be allowed to continue for long. I don't mind your preaching at all happy forever but the policy of this forum is so politically correct that freedom of speech is restrained and freedom of religious expression is doubly so suppressed.

happy forever
Apprentice

Post #20

Post by happy forever »

Adstar wrote:
happy forever wrote:
Adstar wrote:
happy forever wrote:
Adstar wrote:
Remember God is above us in His ability in His nature so much so that He is not understandable to human minds, with our limited understanding.
Yes, but it is a matter of sitting the truth.
I will accept your message and your religion and convert to it if it is approved to be the truth.
In Islam, There is no God save Him, the Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. Unto Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that intercedes with Him save by His leave? He knows that which is in front of them and that which is behind them, while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He wills. His throne includes the heavens and the earth, and He is never weary of preserving them. He is the Sublime, the Tremendous.
In Islam The God is understandable. He can be known through His creatures, through meditating the organization of the sunrise and the sunset, the day and the night, the sun and the moon.
He can be known through meditating the perfect creation of the delicious fruits and the beautiful trees and flowers.
He can be known through meditating the beauty of a horse or the patience of an ant or the colors of a peacock.
He can be known through meditating ourselves to wonder how He grants us with beautiful eyes then protect them with brows and eyelashes.
In Islam, The God is One; The One True God who cannot be divided into parts, the eternally Besought of all, who doesn’t beget nor was begotten and there is none comparable unto Him.
The word “Allah� means:
Al: The Ilah: God
Allah: The One True God
The Word Islam means: submission to Allah (The One True God).
Muslim means: the person who submits to The One God.
What is the name of your God? And what is the meaning of the name of your religion?
Remember, I am still primitive and waiting for your strong reply to convince me to convert to your religion.