Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

shubhamgarg1993
Student

sanatana Vedic Dharma-- true and oldest and only religion

Post #1

Post by shubhamgarg1993 »

i am here starting this thread as to make my point on .. religion

that Sanatana Vedic Dharma which is also called hinduism is only true , and first most religion.

its distorted form today is hinduism as practiced.

any doubts on sanatana hindu religion can be asked here!!

shubhamgarg1993
Student

Post #11

Hinduism has 33 crore gods/devtaas is just a myth!!
Murad wrote:
shubhamgarg1993 wrote:can you show a vedic reference for idol worship or for worship of the image you posted above?? please read my WHOLE comment from which you had quoted.
How do you explain the 30 million Hindu Gods?
What about 33 crore Gods?
A:
1. Devata refers to entities that are useful for us. But nowhere it is mentioned in Vedas that we should worship these entities. Of course, Ishwar is the Devata or Devatas and hence called ‘Mahadeva’. He alone is to be worshipped.

2. The Vedas refer to not 33 crore Devatas but 33 types (Koti in Sanskrit) of Devatas.
koti - means both types and crore.
but here it means types only not crore as
They are explained in 'Shatpath Brahman' very clearly. These include -

8 Vasus (Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Sky, Moon, Sun, Stars/ Planets) that form components of universe where we live,

10 Life Forces in our body or Prana (Prana, Apana, Vyana, Udana, Samaana, Naga, Kurma, Kukala, Devadatta) and 1 Soul called Rudra,

12 Aditya or months of year,
1 Vidyut or Electromagnetic force that is of tremendous use to us
1 Yajna or constant noble selfless deeds done by humans

The master of these 33 Devatas is the Mahadeva or Ishwar who alone is to be worshipped as per 14th Kanda of Shatpath Brahman.

However, it has been made very clear in all Vedic texts that they are NOT Ishwar and hence NOT to be worshipped.

3. To dispel such confusions, there are several mantras in Vedas that clearly state that there is One and Only One Ishwar without any assistants, agents, prophets or juniors to liaison between Him and Us. For example:

Yajurveda 40.1:

This entire world is embedded within and managed by the One and Only One Ishwar. Never dare do any injustice or desire riches through unjust means. Instead follow the righteous path and enjoy His bliss. After all He alone is source of all bliss!

Rigveda 10.48.1:

Ishwar alone is omnipresent and manager of entire universe. He alone provides victory and eternal cause of world. All souls should look up only to Him in same manner as children look up to their Father. He alone provides for our sustenance and bliss.

Rigveda 10.48.5

Ishwar enlightens the entire world. He is undefeated and undying. He is the creator of the world. All souls should seek bliss through seeking knowledge and acting thereupon. They should never shun the friendship of Ishwar.

Rigveda 10.49.1

Ishwar alone provides true knowledge to truth seekers. He alone is promoter of knowledge and motivates virtuous people into noble actions to seek bliss. He alone is the creator and manager of the world. Hence never worship anyone else except one and only Ishwar.

Yajurveda 13.4

There is One and only One Creator and Maintainer of the entire world. He alone is sustaining the earth, sky and other heavenly bodies. He is Bliss Himself! He alone deserves to be worshipped by us.

Atharvaveda 13.4.16-21

He is neither two, nor three, nor four, nor five, nor six, nor seven, nor eight, nor nine, nor ten. He is, on contrary, One and Only One. There is no Ishwar except Him. All devatas reside within Him and are controlled by Him. So He alone should be worshipped, none else.

Atharvaveda 10.7.38

Ishwar alone is greatest and worth being worshipped. He is the source of all knowledge and activities.

Yajurveda 32.11

Ishwar resides at each point in universe. No space is devoid of Him. He is self-sustaining and does not need help of any agent, angel, prophet or incarnation to perform His duties. The soul which is able to realize this One and only One Ishwar achieves Him and enjoys unconditional ultimate bliss or Moksha.

There are innumerable such mantras in Vedas that explain One and Only One Ishwar and instructs us to worship Him directly without invoking any other entity – Incarnation, Prophet, Angel or Agent.

hope you got the answer and now we can go to your next question..[/b]

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Goat »

Murad wrote:
shubhamgarg1993 wrote:can you show a vedic reference for idol worship or for worship of the image you posted above?? please read my WHOLE comment from which you had quoted.
How do you explain the 30 million Hindu Gods?
It's all different aspects of a single godhead. Many faces , one divinity.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

shubhamgarg1993
Student

Post #13

Goat wrote: It's all different aspects of a single godhead. Many faces , one divinity.
people misguidedly just started making a face for every attribute of godhead, hence his each attribute got a different face and structure.. hence basis of this misconception.

Jrosemary
Sage

Post #14

Post by Jrosemary »

shubhamgarg1993 wrote:
Goat wrote: It's all different aspects of a single godhead. Many faces , one divinity.
people misguidedly just started making a face for every attribute of godhead, hence his each attribute got a different face and structure.. hence basis of this misconception.
Why do you view that as misguided? It's not my style of worshiping--but as so many Hindus believe in one Divinity with many faces, why shouldn't there be innumerable faces, so that each individual will feel drawn to at least one of them? Isn't that the whole idea behind having an ishta-devata?

Hinduism is a religion I admire from the outside. It's not the religion for me--and in my religion (Judaism) we are more strictly monotheistic and we don't allow representations of G-d. But that's our way--I don't think there's anything wrong with the Hindu way. Why shouldn't Hindus have a different way, using so many representations of the One?

I don't see anything misguided about it. It's just a different way of relating to the Divine.

shubhamgarg1993
Student

Post #15

Jrosemary wrote: Why do you view that as misguided? It's not my style of worshiping--but as so many Hindus believe in one Divinity with many faces, why shouldn't there be innumerable faces, so that each individual will feel drawn to at least one of them? Isn't that the whole idea behind having an ishta-devata?

Hinduism is a religion I admire from the outside. It's not the religion for me--and in my religion (Judaism) we are more strictly monotheistic and we don't allow representations of G-d. But that's our way--I don't think there's anything wrong with the Hindu way. Why shouldn't Hindus have a different way, using so many representations of the One?

I don't see anything misguided about it. It's just a different way of relating to the Divine.
actually you are right it is suggested that take any one attribute of lord and concentrate on it.and try makin it your ideal. for example god is always justice lover. now if you are able to bring this attribute in life you can make your birth really successful.