Splitting the topic forum

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Gunnarr

Splitting the topic forum

Post #1

Post by Gunnarr »

This Sub Forum is called 'Non-Christian Religions and Philosophies', A very large amount of posts are Islam, is it not time the forum perhaps split this in to some sub sections Like Pagan and Muslim. It is just an idea, in my opinion Islam & Christianity have more in common than Paganism and Islam.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Splitting the topic forum

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

The sit is called DebatingChristianity.com after all. I think that it is sufficient that there is one subforum reserved for non-Christian religions and philosophies. After all Islam is closer to Christianity than it is to secular humanism too.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Gunnarr

Post #3

Post by Gunnarr »

Ok.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #4

Post by Burninglight »

McCulloch wrote:The sit is called DebatingChristianity.com after all. I think that it is sufficient that there is one subforum reserved for non-Christian religions and philosophies. After all Islam is closer to Christianity than it is to secular humanism too.
They're considered to be Abrahamic faiths; however, Christianity and Islam are diametrically opposed to where never the twain shall meet.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

Burninglight wrote: Christianity and Islam are diametrically opposed to where never the twain shall meet.
That depends on your perspective. From where I sit, they are just two variants of essentially the same thing. They differ in only details.
Gospel of John

Burninglight
Guru

Post #6

Post by Burninglight »

McCulloch wrote:
Burninglight wrote: Christianity and Islam are diametrically opposed to where never the twain shall meet.
That depends on your perspective. From where I sit, they are just two variants of essentially the same thing. They differ in only details.
It doesn't depend on perspective much less mine and the devil is in the details.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

Burninglight wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
It doesn't depend on perspective much less mine and the devil is in the details.
Each is a exclusive monotheist religion based on alleged divine revelation. The rest is detail.
Gospel of John

Artie
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by Artie »

McCulloch wrote:Each is a exclusive monotheist religion based on alleged divine revelation. The rest is detail.
I wouldn't think a Christian would consider it a detail that Allah don't have any children or that the Bible God is a personal God interacting with humans while Allah is everything but?

Burninglight
Guru

Post #9

Post by Burninglight »

McCulloch wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
Each is a exclusive monotheist religion based on alleged divine revelation. The rest is detail.
First of all, Muslims don't see Christianity as monotheistic. Of course it is, and that's part of where Muhammad got his idea for the oneness of God. They cannot understand that God is Spirit as stated in the Bible. They don't know the God of the Bible. They think that God can't be spirit, because he created spirits.

But the Bible says God is also Holy; so, we Biblical Christians see God as the Holy Spirit and not as another God. Jesus is the Word of God. The word of God always existed, but he wasn't always called Jesus. God was never without His word. The Bible doesn't say why God made His Holiness and his Word distinct persons. From Scripture we understand that He did. This is where the concept of the Trinity comes from.

Hence we see Jesus as subordinate to the Father in position, function and office, but equal in nature, character and essence. Muslims see our understanding of God as ascribing partners unto God, because they cannot believe when the God of the Bible calls Jesus "His beloved Son" Muhammad even went as far as to say that Allah only made it look like Jesus died and that he surely did not.

The Quran refers to Allah as the "best of deceivers" their English translation dishonestly translates it to say "the best of planners." But Allah proves he is a deceiver, because he really wants everyone to believe that Jesus didn't die so he could hinder God's redemption for mankind through His word made flesh Jesus.

This is the tip of the iceberg. When I say these two great world religions are mutually exclusive, I mean it as they are as different from each other as God is from Satan!

Gunnarr

Post #10

Post by Gunnarr »

"Great World Religions", who thinks there great, i dont....