Splitting the topic forum

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Gunnarr

Splitting the topic forum

Post #1

Post by Gunnarr »

This Sub Forum is called 'Non-Christian Religions and Philosophies', A very large amount of posts are Islam, is it not time the forum perhaps split this in to some sub sections Like Pagan and Muslim. It is just an idea, in my opinion Islam & Christianity have more in common than Paganism and Islam.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #11

Post by Burninglight »

Gunnarr wrote:"Great World Religions", who thinks there great, i dont....
When you consider that Christianity and Islam make up most of the world's population, I would say they are at least the two greatest quantitatively in the entire world. Anyone could tell you that. IMO, true Christianity is the best qualitatively as well!
It is written: "How shall we escape the judgment of God if we negelect so 'Great' a salvation?" :-k :-k :-k

Gunnarr

Post #12

Post by Gunnarr »

Biggest does not mean best ask Tesco's, as for your quote where is that from?

It there is true Christianity, there must be false Christianity, what is that?

Burninglight
Guru

Post #13

Post by Burninglight »

Gunnarr wrote:Biggest does not mean best ask Tesco's, as for your quote where is that from?

It there is true Christianity, there must be false Christianity, what is that?
Nowhere did I say biggest is best; read what I wrote carefully. Many people call themselves Christians, but they are not true Biblical Christians. They are nominal Christians. There is a night and day difference.

BTW, what is Tesco and the quote is below from Hebrews in the Bible:

Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him....

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello,

From my perspective, Islam and Christianity are essentially the same. They both believe that our time on earth is some sort of test. They both provide something which will ensure there followers will pass that test.
May all your naps be joyous occasions.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #15

Post by Burninglight »

sleepyhead wrote:Hello,

From my perspective, Islam and Christianity are essentially the same. They both believe that our time on earth is some sort of test. They both provide something which will ensure there followers will pass that test.
Well, if Christians and Muslims had your perspective, they would be united. There are those similarities you mentioned, but it is insignificant compared to the major differences. The differences I speak of are as far west is from east.