New Forum Member

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Gunnarr

New Forum Member

Post #1

Post by Gunnarr »

Just thought I would at least post a little about myself I am a reconstruction heathen, 'Heathenry is the veneration of our ancestors, the Regin and the vaettir'.

I am attempting to live to traditions based on historical evidence, archeology and local custom/ traditions by doing this I hope to build my worldview. This view would be recognisable to my ancestors, because I have worked hard at doing so. It is specific to my locality and culture.

I do not mind questions

Nilloc James
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by Nilloc James »

By veneration of ancestors do you mean, "ancestor worship" or "worship that would be similar to ancestors worship thus pleasing them".

Gunnarr

Post #3

Post by Gunnarr »

Yes that is a good way to describe one level, by honouring the ancestors as they honoured theirs at the time before conversion, we have an opportunity to really than allow to evolve naturally, not like neo paganism simply making things up by being eclectic.

In heathenry though there are multiple levels, another level is honouring the ancestors themselves, for their deeds.

This link is well worth a read, heavy going in parts but probably the best thing on line on the matter.

http://odroerirjournal.com/?wpfb_dl=1