Ascended Masters

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Oldfarmhouse
Apprentice

Ascended Masters

Post #1

Post by Oldfarmhouse »

I find people's experiences with various religious groups to be quite interesting. If there are any people who are or were at one time, a member of ab ascended masters type religious group I would be interested in knowing about your experience.

There are many different groups that fall under the umbrella of the ascended masters teaching. Almost all of them are rooted in the teachings of Guy Ballard from the 1930s. Perhaps the most well-known of these is Church Universal and Triumphant led by the late Elizabeth Claire Prophet. Summit Lighthouse, The Theosophical Society, The St. Germaine Foundation, and many others.

I think that this would be an interesting discussion whether you have positive experiences or negative ones or have just researched these groups.

Note: I am not nor have I ever been a member of an I AM group. Just personal interest.

Burninglight
Guru

Re: Ascended Masters

Post #2

Post by Burninglight »

Oldfarmhouse wrote:I find people's experiences with various religious groups to be quite interesting. If there are any people who are or were at one time, a member of ab ascended masters type religious group I would be interested in knowing about your experience.

There are many different groups that fall under the umbrella of the ascended masters teaching. Almost all of them are rooted in the teachings of Guy Ballard from the 1930s. Perhaps the most well-known of these is Church Universal and Triumphant led by the late Elizabeth Claire Prophet. Summit Lighthouse, The Theosophical Society, The St. Germaine Foundation, and many others.

I think that this would be an interesting discussion whether you have positive experiences or negative ones or have just researched these groups.

Note: I am not nor have I ever been a member of an I AM group. Just personal interest.
These I am groups have a lot of similarities with the Abrahamic religions in that God is one and the allness of God. Even the Bible says that all things are held together by the word of his power. However, the religion behind Ascended Masters is subtle and dangerous because it is a distortion of truth that grabs the listener. It leaves out having a pesonal relationship with God through Jesus. Christianity is the strongest faith that deals with having a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life" He said, "No man comes to the father (the oneness & Allness, The Great I am) God accept through me" Jesus didn't say I show you the way. He said, "I am"