Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

cat

Shinto Is Never Religion

Post #1

Post by cat »

Shinto Is Never Religion

http://book.geocities.jp/japans_conspir ... html#page5

People pray for snobbish profits, particularly for rich marriage, earlier promotion, success in the university entrance examination.

We feel no ethics in this cult.

Polyatheist
Apprentice

Re: Shinto Is Never Religion

Post #11

Post by Polyatheist »

Burninglight wrote: first of all, Islam is not based on a relationship with Muhammad; he is dead. Jesus is not dead. Secondly, Muhammad is not Allah's son nor do Muslims see it that way. Finally, faith can bleed humanity and lead people to commit atrocities, but that depends on the faith or religion. I take it you are an atheist. Well there are about 2.2 billion Muslims and 2.9 billion Chrisitians. IOW, there are well over 5 billion theists in the world Maybe one out of every 5 thousand say there is no God.
The Bible says the heavens declare God's glory. Personally, I believe Atheist know there is a God; what they are really saying is no to God!
Wow you have some misconceptions about religion and people in general. To mulsims Muhammad never died, he rode to heaven on a flying horse. How do you figure Jesus is still alive? Is he hiding in a cave playing with himself?

Your response to me saying atrocities are committed in the name of religion is to tell me there are a lot of religious people? I am aware of this, even if the amount was small the point is still valid.

Personally I think all religious people know there isn't a god because you can't know something exists without evidence. No one has ever seen or brought forth any evidence, so religion is more like a social club then anything else. They only say they believe in god because it justifies their superiority complex above those who are not part of their social club.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #12

Post by Burninglight »

Polyatheist wrote:
Burninglight wrote: first of all, Islam is not based on a relationship with Muhammad; he is dead. Jesus is not dead. Secondly, Muhammad is not Allah's son nor do Muslims see it that way. Finally, faith can bleed humanity and lead people to commit atrocities, but that depends on the faith or religion. I take it you are an atheist. Well there are about 2.2 billion Muslims and 2.9 billion Chrisitians. IOW, there are well over 5 billion theists in the world Maybe one out of every 5 thousand say there is no God.
The Bible says the heavens declare God's glory. Personally, I believe Atheist know there is a God; what they are really saying is no to God!
Wow you have some misconceptions about religion and people in general. To mulsims Muhammad never died, he rode to heaven on a flying horse. How do you figure Jesus is still alive? Is he hiding in a cave playing with himself?

Your response to me saying atrocities are committed in the name of religion is to tell me there are a lot of religious people? I am aware of this, even if the amount was small the point is still valid.

Personally I think all religious people know there isn't a god because you can't know something exists without evidence. No one has ever seen or brought forth any evidence, so religion is more like a social club then anything else. They only say they believe in god because it justifies their superiority complex above those who are not part of their social club.
:confused2: I see. the whole world is religious believing there is no God and u believe there is but deny it. The whole world is crazy, but you're okay :blink: :roll: :-k :confused2: :-k :whistle:

Polyatheist
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by Polyatheist »

Burninglight wrote: :confused2: I see. the whole world is religious believing there is no God and u believe there is but deny it. The whole world is crazy, but you're okay :blink: :roll: :-k :confused2: :-k :whistle:
If I was the only atheist in existence yes I would be considered crazy, as crazy just means socially different. The problem is your viewing this as a numbers game, which the truth never is. People think this is also true about science. If enough people believe the world is flat, the world must be flat. This is not how reality works but if you want to keep thinking it is, go for it.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #14

Post by Burninglight »

Polyatheist wrote:
Burninglight wrote: :confused2: I see. the whole world is religious believing there is no God and u believe there is but deny it. The whole world is crazy, but you're okay :blink: :roll: :-k :confused2: :-k :whistle:
If I was the only atheist in existence yes I would be considered crazy, as crazy just means socially different. The problem is your viewing this as a numbers game, which the truth never is. People think this is also true about science. If enough people believe the world is flat, the world must be flat. This is not how reality works but if you want to keep thinking it is, go for it.
I know truth is not determined by numbers, but what I said about the number ratio is true. You are not the only atheist, but with how many theist there are is about a 5000 to 1 ratio. Now all these 5000 theists have had different experiences with God that they cannot prove happened to them to you. Picture this: 5000 people telling one person the best route to travel, but that person says "Since you cannot prove that to me here and now, I'll go the other way."

Take your path friend. I respect your right to choose. We are all free to choose, but we are not free from the consequences of our choices. This is not meant to scare u it is just a fact! If Jesus didn't die and rise from the dead, then, I am one miserable person in the world and the hereafter doesn't matter. So why would those who witnessed His death risk their lifes to preach a tale? It just doesn't sound logical to me.
Besides, I have had my own personal experiences with God that he bore witness with my spririt in such a way that I couldn't deny He existed. I am sure others have had different experiences. I am sorry you haven't had that happen to you!

Polyatheist
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by Polyatheist »

Burninglight wrote: I know truth is not determined by numbers, but what I said about the number ratio is true. You are not the only atheist, but with how many theist there are is about a 5000 to 1 ratio. Now all these 5000 theists have had different experiences with God that they cannot prove happened to them to you. Picture this: 5000 people telling one person the best route to travel, but that person says "Since you cannot prove that to me here and now, I'll go the other way."
Those two statements contradict each other. You can't say you know truth isn't dictated by numbers then give an example trying to indicate that truth is dictated by numbers.
Burninglight wrote: Take your path friend. I respect your right to choose. We are all free to choose, but we are not free from the consequences of our choices. This is not meant to scare u it is just a fact! If Jesus didn't die and rise from the dead, then, I am one miserable person in the world and the hereafter doesn't matter. So why would those who witnessed His death risk their lifes to preach a tale? It just doesn't sound logical to me.
Besides, I have had my own personal experiences with God that he bore witness with my spririt in such a way that I couldn't deny He existed. I am sure others have had different experiences. I am sorry you haven't had that happen to you!
If any of those things happened to me I would first test myself to see if I'd been drugged. After the test came back positive for drugs I would try and find out who slipped me those drugs. By the way, they have done several EEG scans that show people in religious mental states (meditating or praying for periods of time) show similar brain activity to people on drugs. As to the Jesus comment, people have been killing themselves and others for causes from the start of human intelligence to this day, why would this instance be different from the millions of others?

Burninglight
Guru

Post #16

Post by Burninglight »

Polyatheist wrote:
Burninglight wrote: I know truth is not determined by numbers, but what I said about the number ratio is true. You are not the only atheist, but with how many theist there are is about a 5000 to 1 ratio. Now all these 5000 theists have had different experiences with God that they cannot prove happened to them to you. Picture this: 5000 people telling one person the best route to travel, but that person says "Since you cannot prove that to me here and now, I'll go the other way."
Those two statements contradict each other. You can't say you know truth isn't dictated by numbers then give an example trying to indicate that truth is dictated by numbers.
Burninglight wrote: Take your path friend. I respect your right to choose. We are all free to choose, but we are not free from the consequences of our choices. This is not meant to scare u it is just a fact! If Jesus didn't die and rise from the dead, then, I am one miserable person in the world and the hereafter doesn't matter. So why would those who witnessed His death risk their lifes to preach a tale? It just doesn't sound logical to me.
If any of those things happened to me I would first test myself to see if I'd been drugged. After the test came back positive for drugs I would try and find out who slipped me those drugs. By the way, they have done several EEG scans that show people in religious mental states (meditating or praying for periods of time) show similar brain activity to people on drugs. As to the Jesus comment, people have been killing themselves and others for causes from the start of human intelligence to this day, why would this instance be different from the millions of others?
There was no contradiction in what I said, The ratio 5000 to 1 was what I said was true; that doesn't mean that truth is determined by that ratio. We are done here! It is not my job to try and convince you that God exists. If you can't tell by looking at the heavens: the stars, sun and moon, maybe you should have yourself tested like you said!

Polyatheist
Apprentice

Post #17

Post by Polyatheist »

Burninglight wrote:There was no contradiction in what I said, The ratio 5000 to 1 was what I said was true; that doesn't mean that truth is determined by that ratio. We are done here! It is not my job to try and convince you that God exists. If you can't tell by looking at the heavens: the stars, sun and moon, maybe you should have yourself tested like you said!
By that definition all astronomers and astrophysicists would be theists, which their not... Thanks for providing all the nonsensical analogies then asking me why those analogies don't make sense.... You should look at the trouble you had with defending your beliefs and apply it to reality.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #18

Post by Burninglight »

Polyatheist wrote:
Burninglight wrote:There was no contradiction in what I said, The ratio 5000 to 1 was what I said was true; that doesn't mean that truth is determined by that ratio. We are done here! It is not my job to try and convince you that God exists. If you can't tell by looking at the heavens: the stars, sun and moon, maybe you should have yourself tested like you said!
By that definition all astronomers and astrophysicists would be theists, which their not... Thanks for providing all the nonsensical analogies then asking me why those analogies don't make sense.... You should look at the trouble you had with defending your beliefs and apply it to reality.
"By that definition all astronomers and astrophysicists would be theists" Not if they are atheists. Besides, I never gave a definition and you don't have to be astronomer or astrophysicists to see the sun, stars and moon. I would say the same to them that I did to you. I don't need to defend my belief that God exists. I just need to share it & I do. BTW, why do you call yourself polyatheist? With that chosen term or name of yours, and according to your logic, you would have more defending than someone like me who is just a theist and admits it, but your chosen name says that you don't believe in multiple gods so what about the one and only true God who gets consistently in your space? Moreover, many scientist say there are no absolutes, but they can't prove that because there are! Are you in denial?

Polyatheist
Apprentice

Post #19

Post by Polyatheist »

Burninglight wrote:"By that definition all astronomers and astrophysicists would be theists" Not if they are atheists. Besides, I never gave a definition and you don't have to be astronomer or astrophysicists to see the sun, stars and moon. I would say the same to them that I did to you.
I'm actually not sure what this means, you assume the people who study the cosmos don't look at them. They look at the sun, stars and moon probably 100 times more then you do.
Burninglight wrote:I don't need to defend my belief that God exists. I just need to share it & I do. BTW, why do you call yourself polyatheist? With that chosen term or name of yours, and according to your logic, you would have more defending than someone like me who is just a theist and admits it, but your chosen name says that you don't believe in multiple gods so what about the one and only true God who gets consistently in your space?
Well you can't defend your beliefs to me, which you shouldn't have to anyways. You should have to defend your beliefs to yourself, that is actually productive. You are also a polyatheist as you don't believe in Rah, Thor or Allah; I just take it one god further. How can I defend a lack of belief in something if that something has never been defined or proven at any point in time?
Burninglight wrote:Moreover, many scientist say there are no absolutes, but they can't prove that because there are! Are you in denial?
No scientists say this, don't put words in their mouths unless you are willing to site where you got it. Are you in denial, or just lying to suit your need to be right?

Burninglight
Guru

Post #20

Post by Burninglight »

No, I mean they can be atheists and stu ... olyatheist"][Well you can't defend your beliefs to me, which you shouldn't have to anyways. You should have to defend your beliefs to yourself, that is actually productive. You are also a polyatheist as you don't believe in Rah, Thor or Allah; I just take it one god further. How can I defend a lack of belief in something if that something has never been defined or proven at any point in time? [/quote]That is what I mean I don't have to defend them to you and if I weren't convinced, I would be an atheist like you. It goes without saying that I am a polyatheist, but you saying it about yourself is of particular interest. It begs the question: "Is he a theist in some sought of denial?" So are you?
Polyatheist wrote: No scientists say this, don't put words in their mouths unless you are willing to site where you got it. Are you in denial, or just lying to suit your need to be right?
I have heard an evolutionist debate with Kent Hovind saying there are no absolutes so I assumed that many scientist believe this. I wouldn't lie. I could just be mistaken. To insinuate or ask am I in denial is one thing, but to imply lying just to be right is on the rude side and kind of an attack on character. So are you saying you believe in absolutes?