Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Burninglight
Guru

Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Post #1

Post by Burninglight »

Allah is the best deceiver Surah 3:54. If believing Jesus is the Son of God is shirk, then why would Allah want deceive resulting in billions of people through the centuries that Jesus died and rose? The God of the Bible doesn’t scheme and deceive like Allah. Christians know that Satan doesn’t want people to know Jesus saves so he can claim them for hell forever. If Muslims reject the son of God they will not be able to negotiate their position with The God of Isaac and Jacob from where all prophets come NOT Ishmael Gen. 21:12.
Let me paraphrase my confusion & questions about Islam: Is Muhammad really Allah or is Allah really Satan impersonating God Almighty or was a demon impersonating Gabriel? The reason I ask this is bcz the Quran says that Allah is the greatest deceiver 3:54 & he proves this by saying he made it look as if Jesus died & rose by using another person to die in Jesus' place which is another form of sacrifice to accomplish Allah's deceptions. Was Allah & Muhammad really scheming is to trick the world into believing that Jesus Christ didn't die for our sin so we would trust our own works & go to hell without hope?
Even Satan accused Allah of deceiving him and for that he wants to deceive the world. Even Abu Bakr said he wouldn't trust the Makr of Allah if he had one foot in paradise and one on earth. Doesn't the Quran state that no one is safe from the Makr of Allah save those that perish??? Why would I want to be a slave to Allah when I can be free in Christ my Creator? :-k
It is written in the Bible that all things were made by Him (Jesus) for Him and through Him. It is even recorded that Jesus created life in the Quran by breathing life into a sculpture of a bird; only God can create life from a lifeless object!!!

Burninglight
Guru

Post #21

Post by Burninglight »

Asher wrote:
As I mentioned, Muslims claim, that a proof that the Koran was from God is that it contains scientifically accurate information about Embryology, yet in 86:6-7 the Koran says, "man was created from ejected liquid- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs". This parrots the scientific error of Hippocrates who believed semen originates, from the brain down the spinal chord, before passing through the kidneys and finally out of the body. (Hippocratic Writings, Penguin Classics, 1983, p. 317) I don't remember our dailogue on this; so, my new question to you is: Are you rejecting modern science to believe the Koran that states sperm originates from the mid-gut section of a man's body. lol
This is very close to the argument you brought on the other thread:
Is your brain in your mid-gut?
You are just trying to tell thing that do not exist, if he had copied he would have said the same thing (sperms originated from the brain);
On the contrary an embryo's genitals is found between the backbone and the ribs, which is exactly as the Qur'an mention;
Now I would like you to answer my questions about translation if you are able of course;

Peace be upon you all;
We are talking about the origination of sperm here not where the female reproductive organs are. look at the video Muhammad was wrong As far as translation issues please ask the question in another way.

Asher
Student

Post #22

Post by Asher »

Peace be upon you;
Day 1:
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Genesis 1:3)
Day 3:
And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:12)
Day 4:
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: (Genesis 1:14)

This is what the bible says;

God made light on the 1st day and the Source of light on the 4th day
God created Life on 3rd day and the sun on the 4th day

I want you to explain to me how can mistranslation lead to unscientific facts;

Moreover we have:
Matthew 27:3-8 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood. And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in. Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.

Acts 1:18-19 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

I want you to explain to me how can mistranslation lead to this divergence;

If the Qur'an goes against itself why haven't you been able to bring proof?
We are talking about the origination of sperm here not where the female reproductive organs are.
Surely we were, Hippocrates said "from the brain down the spinal chord, before passing through the kidneys and finally out of the body", and the Qur'an says "from between the backbone and the ribs";
I was asking you whether your brain was between your backbone and your ribs;
If you cannot see the difference go on google and do some research;
In an embryo's early stage independent of the sex of the embryo the sexual organ is formed "between the backbone and the ribs"
look at the video Muhammad was wrong As far as translation issues please ask the question in another way.
"In embryonic stages, the reproductive organs of the male and female, i.e. the testicles and the ovaries, begin their development near the kidney between the spinal column and the eleventh and twelfth ribs. Later they descend; the female gonads (ovaries) stop in the pelvis while the male gonads (testicles) continue their descent before birth to reach the scrotum through the inguinal canal. Even in the adult after the descent of the reproductive organ, these organs receive their nerve supply and blood supply from the Abdominal Aorta, which is in the area between the backbone (spinal column) and the ribs. Even the lymphatic drainage and the venous return goes to the same area."
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an_and_Se ... r'an_86:7)

Peace be upon you all;

jpalmaer
Student

Re: Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Post #23

Post by jpalmaer »

[Replying to post 1 by Burninglight]

Islam claims that Allah is the same as the God of Abraham.
Both the Jews and Christians claims the same.

Islam consider both OT and NT as holy scriptures, and mentioning that almost all this is true. The Quran is almost just a comment about this,but also says that portions of the Bible may not are fully true, without giving so many examples on that.

However, the Quran is pretty critical against all those that believe that Jesus is God. It's a kind of sin from a Islamic perpective, since one of the most important commitmends are to "not make any images or idols of God". Islam claims that Jesus was a prophet, but of same kind of body and soul as all of us, but they believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and much more.

Suppose muslims can tell more about all this.

Anyway, my conclusion is that Allah is the same as the God of Bible.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #24

Post by Burninglight »

jpalmaer wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Burninglight]

Islam consider both OT and NT as holy scriptures, and mentioning that almost all this is true. The Quran is almost just a comment about this,but also says that portions of the Bible may not are fully true, without giving so many examples on that.

However, the Quran is pretty critical against all those that believe that Jesus is God. It's a kind of sin from a Islamic perpective, since one of the most important commitmends are to "not make any images or idols of God". Islam claims that Jesus was a prophet, but of same kind of body and soul as all of us, but they believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and much more.

I know they claim he is the same God of Abraham. I take it you are not a Muslim or a Christian. Is that right?

jpalmaer
Student

Post #25

Post by jpalmaer »

Burninglight wrote:

I know they claim he is the same God of Abraham. I take it you are not a Muslim or a Christian. Is that right?
I would say that I nowadays tend to Independent Universal Theopanism.
I have a Christian background, but are also inspired by Judaism, Islam, and Bahai. I share a lot with all these, but have a skeptical and liberal approach towards all this.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #26

Post by Burninglight »

jpalmaer wrote:
Burninglight wrote:

I would say that I nowadays tend to .
I have a Christian background, but are also inspired by Judaism, Islam, and Bahai. I share a lot with all these, but have a skeptical and liberal approach towards all this.
Does this mean you don't believe Jesus is the son of God and that He died and rose from the died to save us from sin? What is Independent Universal Theopanism?

jpalmaer
Student

Post #27

Post by jpalmaer »

Burninglight wrote:
jpalmaer wrote:
Burninglight wrote:

Does this mean you don't believe Jesus is the son of God and that He died and rose from the died to save us from sin? What is Independent Universal Theopanism?
Comment:
I believe that Jesus was son of God , just like you and me and everybody else.
Saying God is our Father, and we're are his Son, is a symbolic but true expression, since we all are created by and all have him inside us.
I don't believe that Jesus died and rose from the died, i particular different way then we all do. He died, just as you and I will. And he did for the sin, just as I and you will. But that Jesus died on the cross was a very special moment. It's certainly a notable moment, which made a realy change in the world and the whole history.

Independent, means that I mainly stay pretty independent upon any established religiouos or philosophical direction. I have a skeptical and liberal approach towards all this.

Universal, refers to Universalism. It's pretty well summarized on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universalism
Especially this I apply to: "A community that calls itself Universalist may emphasize the universal principles of most religions and accept other religions in an inclusive manner, believing in a universal reconciliation between humanity and the divine....A belief in one common truth is also another important tenet. The living truth is seen as more far-reaching than national, cultural, or religious boundaries."

And Theopanism is basically:
"The belief that the universe emanates from, or is a projection of God.
Theopanism has also been more broadly stated as inclusive of any theological theory by which God is held equivalent to the Universe.
In theopanism the meaning given the word God is of an entity that is not separate from the universe. Theopanism includes among its major concepts pantheism and panentheism. This broader statement would also include pandeism and panendeism."

A essential theopanistic statement is:
"Good is Great.
All in God, God in All.
All is God, God is All.
God is."

And:
"Good is Great.
Unity of All, Unity by God.
God is Unity of All.
God is."

Univeral Theopanism is very God-centric, and mentioning that everything everywhere anytime, emanates from and is God. "God is All".

The viewpoint is very holistic-monistic, and also skeptical but liberal when comes to religious or philosophical topics.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #28

Post by Burninglight »

jpalmaer wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
jpalmaer wrote:
Burninglight wrote:

Comment:
Saying God is our Father, and we're are his Son, is a symbolic but true expression, since we all are created by and all have him inside us.
I don't believe that Jesus died and rose from the died, i particular different way then we all do. He died, just as you and I will. And he did for the sin, just as I and you will. But that Jesus died on the cross was a very special moment. It's certainly a notable moment, which made a realy change in the world and the whole history.

Independent, means that I mainly stay pretty independent upon any established religiouos or philosophical direction. I have a skeptical and liberal approach towards all this.

Especially this I apply to: "A community that calls itself Universalist may emphasize the universal principles of most religions and accept other religions in an inclusive manner, believing in a universal reconciliation between humanity and the divine....A belief in one common truth is also another important tenet. The living truth is seen as more far-reaching than national, cultural, or religious boundaries."

Theopanism has also been more broadly stated as inclusive of any theological theory by which God is held equivalent to the Universe.
In theopanism the meaning given the word God is of an entity that is not separate from the universe. Theopanism includes among its major concepts pantheism and panentheism. This broader statement would also include pandeism and panendeism."

"Good is Great.
All in God, God in All.
All is God, God is All.
God is."

And:
"Good is Great.
God is Unity of All.
God is."

Univeral Theopanism is very God-centric, and mentioning that everything everywhere anytime, emanates from and is God. "God is All".

The viewpoint is very holistic-monistic, and also skeptical but liberal when comes to religious or philosophical topics.
I see, so you don't believe that Jesus died and rose for our sin. The Bible states that the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those that perish, but unto us that are being saved, it is the power of God.

As far as this essential theopanistic statement:
"Good is Great.
All in God, God in All.
All is God, God is All.
God is."

And:
"Good is Great.
God is Unity of All.
God is."

I agree God is. That is why Jesus said, "Before Abraham was I am" I am is a form of be and be is a form of is; finally, I say, good is the enemy of the best!

jpalmaer
Student

Post #29

Post by jpalmaer »

Burninglight wrote:
jpalmaer wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
jpalmaer wrote:
Burninglight wrote:

Comment:

"Good is Great.
All in God, God in All.
All is God, God is All.
God is."

And:
"Good is Great.
God is Unity of All.
God is."

I see, so you don't believe that Jesus died and rose for our sin. The Bible states that the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those that perish, but unto us that are being saved, it is the power of God.

As far as this essential theopanistic statement:
"Good is Great.
All in God, God in All.
All is God, God is All.
God is."

And:
"Good is Great.
God is Unity of All.
God is."

I agree God is. That is why Jesus said, "Before Abraham was I am" I am is a form of be and be is a form of is; finally, I say, good is the enemy of the best!
Comment:
I'm read through the Bible a lot of times, and would today say that I'm very familiar with all parts of it. I performed the Christian baptism when I was adault, and most of Jesus saying seem reasonable and valuable. But there are also many things that I nowadays do not believe that much in when comes to events and stories besides. Some of those things are that I don't believe in miracles, angels, demons, or Satan. So basically I don't believe in such things like Jesus was born by virgin mother, Jesus walking on water, Jesus talking with Satan, Jesus are in touch with demons, Jesus were resecurred etc. I believe that Jesus have exists, made his minestry, received a lot of followers, and died on the cross. The pathway to the cross was happen and is worth to follow: " Take your cross!"

But it's not the only pathway to the Kingdom of God.
Since the Kingdom of God is already here and inside and surround us.
The tricky thing is to really find it, and really make something of it.

But yes, from my point-of-view Christianity is a good enough pathway to the Kingdom of God. You can trust upon that if you're a Christian.

On other hand, I mentioning that Islam also is a good enough pathway to the Kingdom of God. And those who are muslims can trust upon that.

But finally I also mentioning that a good enough pathway to the Kingdom of God is simply to believe in and follow God, without necissarily have to think so much about other religious pointviews of all this.. God himself, sort of saying, seem to be a source good enough for find and walk the pathway to the Kingdom of God.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #30

Post by Burninglight »

[Replying to post 29 by jpalmaer]

I wish I could tell you you're right, but I cannot. There are absolutes and we must meet God on His terms not ours.