Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Burninglight
Guru

Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Post #1

Post by Burninglight »

Allah means God in Arabic or the god as some contend. Muslims say yes he is the same god and some Christians say yes he is as well, but many Christians say "no He is not." The God in the Bible has a son, but Allah says he doesn't. Muslims say Christians associate partners unto God, but Christians say that is not true and that they are monotheistic or that God is one.

Muslims do not believe when Christians say they are not polytheistic. Christians say Muhammad isn't a confirmed Biblical prophet, but Muslims say he is. Muslims say the Bible has been corrupted, but Christians say the Quran is corrupted.

The Bible says Ishmael is no prophet. Muslims say he is. Jesus said he is "The Way, the Truth, and the Life." Muslims say he was that for his time and for the Jews he came only. Christians say that Jesus is the truth for all time and all people and that Jesus never said I show the truth or the way.

The Quran says that Jesus is not the word of God made flesh, but the Bible says he is. Muslims don't have eternal security, but Christians say we can know now from the Bible if we will be saved and know now if we have eternal life because God assures us. Christians believe that Jesus is Deity, but Muslim so no he is just a prophet or messenger.

Any of these topics on this thread are welcome and open for discussion and or debate!

koko

Post #101

Post by koko »

Burning Light,

Any of these topics on this thread are welcome and open for discussion and or debate!

With your kind permission, here is an issue that merits considerable discussion but is ignored all too often by critics of Islam:

That while many Christians and others condemn Islam on the grounds that it is "sexist" and "anti-female", the fact is that this religion is the fastest growing in the world. That in Europe and in the USA 70% of its converts are women. That the vast majority of these are white women. That these converts are producing children at a far faster rate than any other religion. And that because of the pace of this growth, by the end of the century Muslims will be the majority religion in this world.

Question: if Islam is as sexist as claimed by its critics, why are women converting to it at such huge numbers?

Why are religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, and others failing to attract so many women?

Contrary to the beliefs of its critics, these ever increasing numbers appear to belie the myth that Islam is sexist.

Haven
Guru

Re: A closer look at the Catechism's claims on the Trinity

Post #102

Post by Haven »

[Replying to post 97 by alexx]

I'm not sure what you mean by your statements in this post. Could you please clarify for me?
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥
♥ Kindness is the greatest adventure ♥

Haven
Guru

Post #103

Post by Haven »

koko wrote: That while many Christians and others condemn Islam on the grounds that it is "sexist" and "anti-female", the fact is that this religion is the fastest growing in the world. That in Europe and in the USA 70% of its converts are women.
Irrelevant. Your argument is based on the premise that women cannot convert to a sexist ideology, but that's not the case at all. There's nothing logically preventing women from adhering to an anti-woman ideology, and so pointing out that most converts to Islam are women does nothing to refute the claim that the teachings of Islam are sexist.
koko wrote: That the vast majority of these are white women.
Also irrelevant. What does the racial background of a religion's converts have to do with the truth or morality of a religion?
koko wrote:That these converts are producing children at a far faster rate than any other religion.
Please provide a source for this claim.
koko wrote: And that because of the pace of this growth, by the end of the century Muslims will be the majority religion in this world.
Please provide a source for this claim.
koko wrote:Question: if Islam is as sexist as claimed by its critics, why are women converting to it at such huge numbers?
Because they find something attractive about the religion. This doesn't mean that it isn't harmful, just that it may be attractive for some reason. After all, millions of people choose to start smoking tobacco even when they know the harm that tobacco use causes.
koko wrote:Why are religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, and others failing to attract so many women?
Who says that these religions are not also sexist?
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥

koko

Post #104

Post by koko »

These are questions you may want to direct to those women who convert to Islam. An even more significant question is, why are they not converting to Christianity if it is so protective and non-sexist as some say it is?

As for population growth, that is subject to speculation and I do not have time to research it much but here is one article:

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/5 ... on_by_2051

I cannot say it is reliable as factors can readily change within short periods of time. By the way, others deny these claims quite vigorously.

Haven
Guru

Post #105

Post by Haven »

[Replying to post 103 by koko]

I never said Christianity wasn't sexist. I think it is, though maybe a bit less oppressive than Sunni Islam. All Abrahamic religions are misogynistic.
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥

koko

Post #106

Post by koko »

[Replying to Haven]

Not sure that I want to characterize any religion as such. Compare Islam to Hinduism and to Hindu society where female infanticide and genocide is practiced FAR more than all societies combined:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_in ... e_in_India

http://dvkperiyar.com/wp-content/upload ... nduism.pdf

This holocaust surpasses what Hitler did. Yet, there is virtually no criticism from the West or the East.

By contrast, Islam has the greatest female conversion rate in the world.

So which religion(s) is/are the most sexist? Abrahamic or pagan?

Elijah John
Savant

Re: Allah, a pagan false God? Or God of the Christians &

Post #107

Post by Elijah John »

McCulloch wrote:
Artie wrote: How can Allah and the Christian God possibly be the same god? Allah doesn't have a son...
So which is it.
  1. The Christians and the Muslims believe different things about the same god? The Christians, for example, believe that God has a Son while the Muslims believe that God cannot have a Son. OR
  2. The Christians and the Muslims believe in two distinct gods?
It is a). Same God, different beliefs about that God. It should be pointed out that Jews don't believe God has a (literal) Son either.

Yet all three, Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God of Abraham, Yahweh, although Muslims know Him as "Allah".
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

marco
Savant

Re: Allah, a pagan false God? Or God of the Christians &

Post #108

Post by marco »

Elijah John wrote:

Yet all three, Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God of Abraham, Yahweh, although Muslims know Him as "Allah".
Is a table with its top removed still a table? Muhammad had jumbled ideas of Judaism and Christianity and the system he cobbled together produced Allah, a derivative from Yahweh. Since Muhammad wasn't in the business of inventing new gods, Allah is Yahweh with a personality change. Given the state of the world today, it is a dangerous personality change, far removed from the God of Love in the NT.

Falling Light 101
Apprentice

Hello There.

Post #109

Post by Falling Light 101 »

I am learning more about this Forum . I want to Read The Entire Posts before I Comment on it. Look Interesting.

Wootah
Savant

Post #110

Post by Wootah »

I may have raised this point earlier but Jews and Christians call God Father. Muslims do not.

In fact Father is not one of the 99 names of Allah.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."