Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Burninglight
Guru

Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Post #1

Post by Burninglight »

Allah means God in Arabic or the god as some contend. Muslims say yes he is the same god and some Christians say yes he is as well, but many Christians say "no He is not." The God in the Bible has a son, but Allah says he doesn't. Muslims say Christians associate partners unto God, but Christians say that is not true and that they are monotheistic or that God is one.

Muslims do not believe when Christians say they are not polytheistic. Christians say Muhammad isn't a confirmed Biblical prophet, but Muslims say he is. Muslims say the Bible has been corrupted, but Christians say the Quran is corrupted.

The Bible says Ishmael is no prophet. Muslims say he is. Jesus said he is "The Way, the Truth, and the Life." Muslims say he was that for his time and for the Jews he came only. Christians say that Jesus is the truth for all time and all people and that Jesus never said I show the truth or the way.

The Quran says that Jesus is not the word of God made flesh, but the Bible says he is. Muslims don't have eternal security, but Christians say we can know now from the Bible if we will be saved and know now if we have eternal life because God assures us. Christians believe that Jesus is Deity, but Muslim so no he is just a prophet or messenger.

Any of these topics on this thread are welcome and open for discussion and or debate!

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Allah, a pagan false God? Or God of the Christians &

Post #11

Post by McCulloch »

Artie wrote: How can Allah and the Christian God possibly be the same god? Allah doesn't have a son...
So which is it.
  1. The Christians and the Muslims believe different things about the same god? The Christians, for example, believe that God has a Son while the Muslims believe that God cannot have a Son. OR
  2. The Christians and the Muslims believe in two distinct gods?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Burninglight
Guru

Post #12

Post by Burninglight »

McCulloch wrote:
Artie wrote: How can Allah and the Christian God possibly be the same god? Allah doesn't have a son...
So which is it.
  1. The Christians and the Muslims believe different things about the same god? The Christians, for example, believe that God has a Son while the Muslims believe that God cannot have a Son. OR
IMO, the Islamic god is the god of this world who is Satan. Allah admits he is the "Best of deceivers" Muslims say he is the same God of the Christians, but he is not. I believe that like Joseph Smith received revelation so did Muhammad. A demon impersonated Gabriel and spoke to Muhammad. Islam has nothing to do with the God of the Bible or God's plan of salvation for the world. Satan is the father of lies; therefore, he is truly the best of deceivers. Jesus is the Truth and the only way to paradise. According to Christians, Muslims deny this to their own peril!

LaaIlahaIllAllah
Student

Post #13

Post by LaaIlahaIllAllah »

Burninglight wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
So which is it.
IMO, the Islamic god is the god of this world who is Satan. Allah admits he is the "Best of deceivers" Muslims say he is the same God of the Christians, but he is not. I believe that like Joseph Smith received revelation so did Muhammad. A demon impersonated Gabriel and spoke to Muhammad. Islam has nothing to do with the God of the Bible or God's plan of salvation for the world. Satan is the father of lies; therefore, he is truly the best of deceivers. Jesus is the Truth and the only way to paradise. According to Christians, Muslims deny this to their own peril!
Indeed, the Jews say the same about prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) but the Muslims still firmly believe that he was in fact a righteous messenger who received revelation from God. And the Jews' saying won't derail us, the same way the Christians who are doing the exact same thing to prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) won't derail us.

The Christian position is pretty ironic to me. They claim Muslims copied everything from them and that they have different gods, but the Jews say the exact same thing about the Christians!

It seems Christians are the ones not going with the flow, from 1 God to 3 in 1 and back to 1 with Islam.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #14

Post by Burninglight »

LaaIlahaIllAllah wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
So which is it.
Indeed, the Jews say the same about prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) but the Muslims still firmly believe that he was in fact a righteous messenger who received revelation from God. And the Jews' saying won't derail us, the same way the Christians who are doing the exact same thing to prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) won't derail us.

The Christian position is pretty ironic to me. They claim Muslims copied everything from them and that they have different gods, but the Jews say the exact same thing about the Christians!

It seems Christians are the ones not going with the flow, from 1 God to 3 in 1 and back to 1 with Islam.
Yes, But Jesus came unto His own but they rejected Him, but as many as received Him to them gave he the power to become the sons of God even to those that believe on His name.
Jesus claimed to be the only way to God. The Jews reject Him as Lord, and so do the Muslims only in a different way. God said of Jesus "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, hear ye him" Jesus said "No one comes to the father except through me". Jesus wasn't claiming to be a messenger like Muslims say; He claimed to be the Message. Muslims are saying what God said is not true and what Jesus said is not true when they say He is not the son of God. The irony is that Muslims say they honor Christ.

The Bible states that the father judges no man but has given all judgment unto the son so that they may honor Him the same as they honor the father otherwise they don't honor the father.

Muslims don't believe the Bible because they say it is corrupted. Muhammad never said that, but Modern islam does; in fact, Allah told Muhammad to honor the torah and the gospels. Those are still with us today unchanged. But what is changed is the Quran. Those that memorized the Quran were killed after Muhammad's death and Uthman burned the originals using Hafa's original to recompile them, but after her death her original copy was destroyed. Why???

Uthman was no prophet and he was Allah's editor??? There are abrogated verses from the original such as Satanic verses that Muhammad recanted for because of Allah's reproof. I could never see how any could buy into Islam. I am only sharing the tip of the iceberg of historic problems and discrepancies that has all kinds of red flags that I wonder why intelligent Muslims can't see.

The concept of the trinity is not a problem for Christians, I see it as there is the venue of the father in Heaven and the venue of Christ on earth. They are inextricably linked or hot wired on the same line. The current that runs through the Line is God's Holy Spirit, God is the Holy Spirit; for instance, The Bible states that God is Spirit; we know God is Holy; therefore, He is the Holy Spirit, IOW, There is only one God; the Lord our God is one! Jesus is the word of God; "In the beginnning was the word; the word was with God and the word was God"

Islam doesn't not serve the God of the Bible. Allah meaning "the god" is IMO, the god of this world. He is known in the Quran as "the best of deceivers" Satan is known in the Bible as "the father of lies." Do you get the picture I see?

Asher
Student

Concerning your post;

Post #15

Post by Asher »

First of all I would like to greet every one (Peace of God be upon you all),
Allah means God in Arabic or the god as some contend. Muslims say yes he is the same god and some Christians say yes he is as well, but many Christians say "no He is not." The God in the Bible has a son, but Allah says he doesn't. Muslims say Christians associate partners unto God, but Christians say that is not true and that they are monotheistic or that God is one.
Instead of telling Christians say and Muslims say does not end the problem, why don't we consider what GOD said: Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Both Christians and Muslims claims that this verse refer to Jesus and Muhammad (pbut);

Lets take this verse to be for Jesus(pbuh) --> According to Christians he is not a prophet but GOD made flesh...therefore it can be concluded that this verse is not for him, but Jesus said in Gospel of John 16:12-13--> I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Final conclusion: Jesus repeated what GOD said therefore he was predicting someone else to come O:)

But Christians says that he was talking about the Holly Spirit;

Answer: in gospel of John 20:22-->And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost;

If they already had the Holly Spirit (Ghost) why waiting for it again?;

Hope I had help all of you to part of the truth;
Shamma Israelu Adonei Illah Hayno Adna Ikhat; Qul huw Allahu Ahad

Burninglight
Guru

Re: Concerning your post;

Post #16

Post by Burninglight »

Asher wrote:First of all I would like to greet every one (Peace of God be upon you all),
Instead of telling Christians say and Muslims say does not end the problem, why don't we consider what GOD said: Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Both Christians and Muslims claims that this verse refer to Jesus and Muhammad (pbut);

Lets take this verse to be for Jesus(pbuh) --> According to Christians he is not a prophet but GOD made flesh...therefore it can be concluded that this verse is not for him, but Jesus said in Gospel of John 16:12-13--> I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Final conclusion: Jesus repeated what GOD said therefore he was predicting someone else to come O:)

But Christians says that he was talking about the Holly Spirit;

Answer: in gospel of John 20:22-->And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost;

If they already had the Holly Spirit (Ghost) why waiting for it again?;

Hope I had help all of you to part of the truth;
Shamma Israelu Adonei Illah Hayno Adna Ikhat; Qul huw Allahu Ahad
Thanks for your response. I take it you are Muslim, first of all, Christians like me believe Jesus is a prophet, because the Bible says He is; He is not a messenger; He is the message. The Holy Spirit has many manifestations such has he appeared on Jesus as a dove and latter on as tongues of fire over the apostles. So, Christians are sure that it is not Muhammad, because the Spirit of Truth that Jesus said was to come had a specific function that was to glorify Jesus. Muhammad (no peace be upon him) didn't glorify Jesus; He usurped Him!

Finally, there is no spiritual evidence from the Bible that Muhammad was a prophet. He is unconfirmed and still waiting for his prophet passport. There is no evidence that supports him such as to be a prophet, he must come from the correct ancestral line, have done a miracle or given a prophecy that has come to pass, he must be confirmed by other prophets, and he must know the name of God. Allah is not God's name!
May you come to the knowledge of truth.

Asher
Student

Evidences

Post #17

Post by Asher »

Hi again,
Christians like me believe Jesus is a prophet but christian like I was, even the Church told that Jesus is GOD made Flesh even the letters of Paul says that;

He is not a messenger; He is the message and the Jews took that Message and kill him (I would like a Quotation either OT or Gospels, surely not from letters of Paul)

This very important part "for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak" has not been fullfilled, in any Gospel I have read that the Holy Spirit Spoke

tongues of fire over the apostles thus Paul did not received the Holy Spirit

specific function that was to glorify Jesus glorifying doesnot mean to put him at the Same height as God, as he said himself "Glorify the son so that the father will be glorified in him" and showing that God did not let him suffer and die in a barbaric way and Glorify God for that.

there is no spiritual evidence from the Bible that Muhammad was a prophet he is not only mention by name "Hikko memtakim vikrullo MUHAMADIM he dowde ve he bayno Yerusalim", in more than 10 place, in the ORIGINAL TEXT
moreover:

Deuteronomy 18:18
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
Isaiah 29:11
And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed
John 16:12-13
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Isaiah 29:12
And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

This prophecy fullfills completely so I can deduced that PASSPORT GRANTED

he must come from the correct ancestral line Jews doesnot accept Muhammud (SAW) as a prophet because he is an Arabe, they even said in his time "I swear by God he the promissed prophet but I will hate him till my death"

have done a miracle or given a prophecy that has come to pass for miracle I haven't read yet but prophecies I know that he said: "the end will not come until man will made competition in the highest buildings" proved right;

he must be confirmed by other prophets Jesus (pbuh) already confirmed him

and he must know the name of God. Allah is not God's name! Elohim neither is the name of God though they call him in Genesis by this name;

"Shamma Israelu adonei Illah hayno Adna Ikhaat"; Allah is the Short form for Al Illah which means the God, indeed its not a name;
More over in the Qu'ran Surah Al-Baqarah 2:255 known as Ayat-ul-kursi God id defined as "hayuul quayyum" same thing that the Jews says in their prayer and same thing that God said to Moses, which means self sustaining;

Hope that I was not rude sincere apologies for any insulting phrase (if any)
peace be upon you all;
Thanks for reading

Burninglight
Guru

Re: Evidences

Post #18

Post by Burninglight »

Asher wrote:Hi again,
Christians like me believe Jesus is a prophet but christian like I was, even the Church told that Jesus is GOD made Flesh even the letters of Paul says that;

He is not a messenger; He is the message and the Jews took that Message and kill him (I would like a Quotation either OT or Gospels, surely not from letters of Paul)

This very important part "for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak" has not been fullfilled, in any Gospel I have read that the Holy Spirit Spoke

tongues of fire over the apostles thus Paul did not received the Holy Spirit

specific function that was to glorify Jesus glorifying doesnot mean to put him at the Same height as God, as he said himself "Glorify the son so that the father will be glorified in him" and showing that God did not let him suffer and die in a barbaric way and Glorify God for that.

there is no spiritual evidence from the Bible that Muhammad was a prophet he is not only mention by name "Hikko memtakim vikrullo MUHAMADIM he dowde ve he bayno Yerusalim", in more than 10 place, in the ORIGINAL TEXT
moreover:

Deuteronomy 18:18
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
Isaiah 29:11
And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed
John 16:12-13
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Isaiah 29:12
And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

This prophecy fullfills completely so I can deduced that PASSPORT GRANTED

he must come from the correct ancestral line Jews doesnot accept Muhammud (SAW) as a prophet because he is an Arabe, they even said in his time "I swear by God he the promissed prophet but I will hate him till my death"

have done a miracle or given a prophecy that has come to pass for miracle I haven't read yet but prophecies I know that he said: "the end will not come until man will made competition in the highest buildings" proved right;

he must be confirmed by other prophets Jesus (pbuh) already confirmed him

and he must know the name of God. Allah is not God's name! Elohim neither is the name of God though they call him in Genesis by this name;

"Shamma Israelu adonei Illah hayno Adna Ikhaat"; Allah is the Short form for Al Illah which means the God, indeed its not a name;
More over in the Qu'ran Surah Al-Baqarah 2:255 known as Ayat-ul-kursi God id defined as "hayuul quayyum" same thing that the Jews says in their prayer and same thing that God said to Moses, which means self sustaining;

peace be upon you all;
Thanks for reading
The verses you quoted from the Bible such as Deut 18 are referring to Jesus not Muhammad. The Bible even says it is. Phillip told Peter we found the one Moses spoke of. The other verses that have muhammadim, that word in not a name; it is an adjective meaning altogether lovely.

There is a verse in John that says "In the beginning was the word the word was with God and the word was God. Christians like me believe Jesus is that word. Jesus chose Paul. What Paul says stands. finally, Gen 21 proves that Ishmael was not a prophet; since Muslims claim he is a descendant of Ishmael, Muhammad fails the test of prophet right there alone.

Asher
Student

Hope that One day you know the truth; Peace

Post #19

Post by Asher »

Hi once again,
Deut 18 are referring to Jesus not Muhammad
Deut18:19-20-->And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him. But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. in another translation it says"Put to death"; So if Jesus was put to death and Died therefore he told something that God did not command him, and it was a PROPHET who was promissed not GOD made flesh neither sonn of GOD;

we found the one Moses spoke of John1:25; It's just someone telling that Jesus is the Prophet, at that time they were not sure about it, it's just a conversation; Like I'm telling you that I do believe that Jesus is the Messiah;

that word in not a name; it is an adjective meaning altogether lovely Brother all the names from the bible have meanings:
Adam --> man;
Abraham --> Father of a multitude;
Moses --> one which came from the water;
Yeshua --> One which is close to Yahweh;
Sephas --> Rock(from Which in french is PIERRE translated to PETER)

In the beginning was the word the word was with God and the word was GodThe same was in the beginning with God.
I can't really argue about this, it's really ambigous; to be with or to be???

Gen 21 proves that Ishmael was not a prophet;
Deut 21:13--> And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.
Deut 21:18--> Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation.
The Jews changes many things in the bible
Jeremiah 8:8-->“‘How can you say, “We are wise,for we have the law of the Lord,�when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

Jesus chose Paul. What Paul says stands.
Matt24:5--> For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
The Jews was waiting for 1)Elijah 2)Messiah 3)Promissed Prophet

Messiah translated as Christos in greek and Christ in english in Hebrew means to Massage, anoint; There is no link in the WORD Messiah to say that the Messiah means promissed one;

Sorry for my english(not my mother tongue)
peace be upon you all;
Thanks for reading

SilenceInMotion
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by SilenceInMotion »

Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all fall under the category of 'Abrahamic religion'. As in, they all believe in the God of Abraham.

If one says the other doe snot believe in the same God, it is due mostly to conviction. For example, a Muslim may say that Allah is not Yahweh because Jesus had no deity, or vice versa- a Christian may say Yahweh is not Allah because Jesus is the Son of God.

Jesus is really a good marker in understanding their differences- Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet and the Jewish Messiah (but no deity), Christians believe he is the Son of God (deity), and Jews believe he was a heretic (neither Messiah nor deity).
But all in all, they fall under the Abrahamic God. His son Isaac brought on the Jews, and his brother Ishmael brought on the Arabs.