Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Burninglight
Guru

Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Post #1

Post by Burninglight »

Allah means God in Arabic or the god as some contend. Muslims say yes he is the same god and some Christians say yes he is as well, but many Christians say "no He is not." The God in the Bible has a son, but Allah says he doesn't. Muslims say Christians associate partners unto God, but Christians say that is not true and that they are monotheistic or that God is one.

Muslims do not believe when Christians say they are not polytheistic. Christians say Muhammad isn't a confirmed Biblical prophet, but Muslims say he is. Muslims say the Bible has been corrupted, but Christians say the Quran is corrupted.

The Bible says Ishmael is no prophet. Muslims say he is. Jesus said he is "The Way, the Truth, and the Life." Muslims say he was that for his time and for the Jews he came only. Christians say that Jesus is the truth for all time and all people and that Jesus never said I show the truth or the way.

The Quran says that Jesus is not the word of God made flesh, but the Bible says he is. Muslims don't have eternal security, but Christians say we can know now from the Bible if we will be saved and know now if we have eternal life because God assures us. Christians believe that Jesus is Deity, but Muslim so no he is just a prophet or messenger.

Any of these topics on this thread are welcome and open for discussion and or debate!

Asher
Student

Post #61

Post by Asher »

Peace be upon you;
Bless those that persecute you? I don't believe I am being persecuted, I hope God blesses you with the truth.
Matthew 5:44--> But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
You were the one telling me that you read between the line, The verse I quoted was not talking about only those who curse you, but also to those who do bad things to you;
I have cursed no one,
Mark my words. If Naik continues, he is next and all who persist in Islam!
I find that many Muslim resort to attacking my character when they cannot gainsay
What gainsay your talking about, you just keep on repeating yourself;
they'll use lame explanations to justify their believe.
That's what you think because only ignorant people will believe in what you say;
In fact, on You tube the owners of videos would block my comments and not allow me to post. I have been on Islamic forums one Muslim left Islam because of my comments thank God for him, and the forum moderators kicked me off.
I agree that blocking the comment of someone and kicking them off websites are not the right way of dealing with others;
But if that person keeps on repeating himself everytime, saying the same thing which have been refuted more than enough it becomes harrasing;
I have found a discrepancies in the Quran that no Muslim can gainsay.
The supposed discrepancies that you found in the Qu'ran is just that you are reading thing that is actually not in the Qu'ran you infer out of context and you think that you've discovered America; This argument has been brought forth before in a previous reply I had refute it; And even before you found it someone else already did and posted it on other websites, and somebody else refuted it; The story seems to repeat itself;
So why not serve the Almighty God in the Bible who is the real God and not an impersonating deity like Allah? IMHO, Muhammad had a demon who was impersonating Gabriel
Why don't you ask the reverse of the question to yourself?;
You are the one who do not follow the God of the bible you had prefer to follow:
The teachings of Paul who taught salvation by the suicide of Jesus which is absent in the bible;
The Trinity God which is absent from the bible (You haven't prove to me it is in the bible);
The teachings that contains fabrication, which Christians scholars have said that the word begotten from the bible is a fabrication;
The stories which have been selected by the Church;
The diety of Jesus approved to suppress tension between the triteist and the monotheist;
I would put my life on the line that it wasn't Gabriel speaking recitations to Muhammad. I know what I am talking about. My understanding these things has to do with spiritual discernment.
You just think that you know what you are talking about, when you know nothing at all;
Muslim don't understand that which is spiritually discerned. That is why they cannot understand or accept the truth when God calls Jesus His "Beloved Son in whom (He) is well pleased"
I agree that this if found in the bible, but why John the batist did not heard and he had to send his apostle to question Jesus;
Muslims would rather call God a liar than accept the fact that Muhammad lied to them about who Jesus is.
In any way we have called God a liar, we agree that all those who follow the path of God are given the attribute of Son of God, but we don't agree with the fabrication made by the church that he has been begotten by God;
More over he is not the only son of God according to the bible, as God told king David in psalms 2:7-->I will proclaim the decree of the LORD: He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father.
The Bible calls all who say Jesus is not come in the flesh as son of God is a lying antiChrist spirit.
It seems you always read things which are not written;
1 John 2:22-->Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:3-->And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 John 1:7-->For many seducers are gone out into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh: this is a seducer and an antichrist.
We all know from the Qu'ran that Jesus is the Christ
Qu'ran 4:171-->O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

Now you will tell me "above having a son" that he denies that Jesus is his Son, in context it denied the begotten part;
Qu'ran 112:3--> He begets not nor is he begotten;
Muslim even say they love Jesus while they call Him a liar too. Jesus said, "NO one comes to the father (God) except through me, (and) you will die in your sins unless you believe I am He"
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
John 8:24-->I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Who is the he??? answer from another translation of the bible
John 8:24-->
New International Version (©1984)
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am [the one I claim to be], you will indeed die in your sins."
New Living Translation (©2007)
That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I Am who I claim to be, you will die in your sins."
The translators of the bible is just translating to what ever they want;
I believe Jesus is He, you don't; therefore, Islam not only has a different God; they also have a different Jesus!
Some translators don't agree with you;
What kind of Christian will deny his God;
About the Bible and your comments note the following:
Refer to my previous post;
Christian scholars are very keen to examine all the evidence and be as precise as possible in what the original wording was.
I'll pray for them to end up with the real teaching of Jesus;
Christians and all seekers of truth should welcome questioning the reliability of today's Bible. But rather than asking, "what is its reliability", one should also ask "what its reliability is being compared to."
This proves that the Christians don't believe in the Bible themselves as you claim that the Bible says that God will protect his words;
And this is the proof that the christians are seeking to know the truth about the lies that those who supposingly brought the bible to them saying that "From Cover to Cover it is the word of God", where indeed they have produce an account with their own hands;

Sincere apologies for having told you that your not smart;
Peace be upon you;

Burninglight
Guru

Post #62

Post by Burninglight »

Asher wrote: Peace be upon you;
Bless those that persecute you? I don't believe I am being persecuted, I hope God blesses you with the truth.
Matthew 5:44--> But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
You were the one telling me that you read between the line, The verse I quoted was not talking about only those who curse you, but also to those who do bad things to you;
I have cursed no one,
Mark my words. If Naik continues, he is next and all who persist in Islam!
I find that many Muslim resort to attacking my character when they cannot gainsay
What gainsay your talking about, you just keep on repeating yourself;
they'll use lame explanations to justify their believe.
That's what you think because only ignorant people will believe in what you say;
In fact, on You tube the owners of videos would block my comments and not allow me to post. I have been on Islamic forums one Muslim left Islam because of my comments thank God for him, and the forum moderators kicked me off.
I agree that blocking the comment of someone and kicking them off websites are not the right way of dealing with others;
But if that person keeps on repeating himself everytime, saying the same thing which have been refuted more than enough it becomes harrasing;
I have found a discrepancies in the Quran that no Muslim can gainsay.
The supposed discrepancies that you found in the Qu'ran is just that you are reading thing that is actually not in the Qu'ran you infer out of context and you think that you've discovered America; This argument has been brought forth before in a previous reply I had refute it; And even before you found it someone else already did and posted it on other websites, and somebody else refuted it; The story seems to repeat itself;
So why not serve the Almighty God in the Bible who is the real God and not an impersonating deity like Allah? IMHO, Muhammad had a demon who was impersonating Gabriel
Why don't you ask the reverse of the question to yourself?;
You are the one who do not follow the God of the bible you had prefer to follow:
The teachings of Paul who taught salvation by the suicide of Jesus which is absent in the bible;
The Trinity God which is absent from the bible (You haven't prove to me it is in the bible);
The teachings that contains fabrication, which Christians scholars have said that the word begotten from the bible is a fabrication;
The stories which have been selected by the Church;
The diety of Jesus approved to suppress tension between the triteist and the monotheist;
I would put my life on the line that it wasn't Gabriel speaking recitations to Muhammad. I know what I am talking about. My understanding these things has to do with spiritual discernment.
You just think that you know what you are talking about, when you know nothing at all;
Muslim don't understand that which is spiritually discerned. That is why they cannot understand or accept the truth when God calls Jesus His "Beloved Son in whom (He) is well pleased"
I agree that this if found in the bible, but why John the batist did not heard and he had to send his apostle to question Jesus;
Muslims would rather call God a liar than accept the fact that Muhammad lied to them about who Jesus is.
In any way we have called God a liar, we agree that all those who follow the path of God are given the attribute of Son of God, but we don't agree with the fabrication made by the church that he has been begotten by God;
More over he is not the only son of God according to the bible, as God told king David in psalms 2:7-->I will proclaim the decree of the LORD: He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father.
The Bible calls all who say Jesus is not come in the flesh as son of God is a lying antiChrist spirit.
It seems you always read things which are not written;
1 John 2:22-->Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:3-->And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 John 1:7-->For many seducers are gone out into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh: this is a seducer and an antichrist.
We all know from the Qu'ran that Jesus is the Christ
Qu'ran 4:171-->O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

Now you will tell me "above having a son" that he denies that Jesus is his Son, in context it denied the begotten part;
Qu'ran 112:3--> He begets not nor is he begotten;
Muslim even say they love Jesus while they call Him a liar too. Jesus said, "NO one comes to the father (God) except through me, (and) you will die in your sins unless you believe I am He"
John 8:24-->I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am [the one I claim to be], you will indeed die in your sins."
That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I Am who I claim to be, you will die in your sins."
I believe Jesus is He, you don't; therefore, Islam not only has a different God; they also have a different Jesus!
Some translators don't agree with you;
What kind of Christian will deny his God;
About the Bible and your comments note the following:
Refer to my previous post;
Christian scholars are very keen to examine all the evidence and be as precise as possible in what the original wording was.
I'll pray for them to end up with the real teaching of Jesus;
Christians and all seekers of truth should welcome questioning the reliability of today's Bible. But rather than asking, "what is its reliability", one should also ask "what its reliability is being compared to."
This proves that the Christians don't believe in the Bible themselves as you claim that the Bible says that God will protect his words;
And this is the proof that the christians are seeking to know the truth about the lies that those who supposingly brought the bible to them saying that "From Cover to Cover it is the word of God", where indeed they have produce an account with their own hands;

Sincere apologies for having told you that your not smart;
Peace be upon you;
I never claimed to be smart. You don't have to be to know the truth. So, Muslims believe that the Scriptures that came before and that obviously contradict the Quran are corrupted. The irony is the Quran was suppose to confirm them, but the written Quran doesn't. Maybe bc it was written by Uthman who burned the original Qurans, but wait, Quran means recitation; so maybe, that is the problem. It shouldn't have been written. Tell me how doesn't one get write out of say? Moreover, where is the divine mandate from Allah that it should've been written?

Finally, the Bible states in many ways that the word of God is protect and preserved forever. So Muslims expect us to believe that man's power to corrupt is great than God's power to preserve. I repeat because I can see Muslim don't get it yet, and you accuse me of not being smart.

The real teachings of Jesus is that no one can get to God without Him. He is the door, He is the life and resurrection. God said in an audible voice, "This is my Son in whom I AM well pleased, hear ye Him" But you cannot hear and you cannot see. Islam is the blind leading the blind; and therefore, both will fall into the ditch. What I said about people like Deedat and Naik is not a curse it is a warning from God! I would prefer to see them saved and repentant of their foolish teachings!

If you belive He is the Messiah, how come it doesn't show?

Asher
Student

Post #63

Post by Asher »

PBUY, Sorry for the delay,
I never claimed to be smart.
As you enjoy reading between the lines I'll let you read between these lines;
You wrote: "Maybe you should let me dialogue with your teacher!"
You don't have to be to know the truth.

But if you are not anyone will make you believe in whatever they want, as the early christian church did;
So, Muslims believe that the Scriptures that came before and that obviously contradict the Quran are corrupted. The irony is the Quran was suppose to confirm them, but the written Quran doesn't.
Qu'ran 68:36-39--> What is the matter with you? How judge ye?
Or have ye a book through which ye learn-
That ye shall have, through it whatever ye choose?
This reminds me of Jeremiah 8:8 talking about the lying pen of the Scribes;
And if you read through my previous replies you will find the answer, I don't like to repeat myself;
Maybe bc it was written by Uthman who burned the original Qurans, but wait, Quran means recitation; so maybe, that is the problem. It shouldn't have been written. Tell me how doesn't one get write out of say? Moreover, where is the divine mandate from Allah that it should've been written?
Wikipaedia:
"When the third Caliph Uthman began noticing slight differences in pronunciation of the Qur'anic Arabic by those whose dialect was not that of the Quraish, sought Hafsa's permission to use her text and commissioned a committee to produce a standard copy of the text of Qur'an to which added diacritical marks ensured correct pronunciation, and to be set as the standard dialect, the Quraish dialect, now known as Fus'ha..."
"Shortly after Muhammad's death the Quran was compiled into a single book by order of the first Caliph Abu Bakr..."

We do not claim to have any mandate to write the Qu'ran from God;
Finally, the Bible states in many ways that the word of God is protect and preserved forever.
I completely agree with you on that point;
"The Bible is a book that records history or information" not the word of God, therefore it can be altered;
So Muslims expect us to believe that man's power to corrupt is great than God's power to preserve.I repeat because I can see Muslim don't get it yet, and you accuse me of not being smart.
If we had the belief that "man's power to corrupt is great than God's power to preserve" we would not have belive that the Qu'ran has been preserved;
The true reason for always repeating your arguments is neither that you are not smart nor that we don't understand it is as simple as you don't have any gainsay that is the tipical way of refuting an argument when you don't have any answer;
You either repeat yourself or do not answer;
The real teachings of Jesus is that no one can get to God without Him. He is the door, He is the life and resurrection.
If no one could get to God without Jesus and his assasination, what about the prophets before him, they all go to hell then;
And the is teaching is not present in the old testament;
God said in an audible voice, "This is my Son in whom I AM well pleased, hear ye Him" But you cannot hear and you cannot see.
I've already answered that, by asking WHERE WAS JOHN THE BAPTIST AT THAT TIME?, because aparently he did not knew that Jesus was the Messiah;
Islam is the blind leading the blind; and therefore, both will fall into the ditch.
It is far more better for a blind to follow another blind and place their faith in God, rather than following someone who is volontarily leading you to the ditch;
What I said about people like Deedat and Naik is not a curse it is a warning from God! I would prefer to see them saved and repentant of their foolish teachings!
Now you claim to be God ...warning from God!...;
Maybe you shall look in the Old Testament, how it talks about repentance;
Ezekiel 18:21-22-->If a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of the transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him; because of the righteousness which he has done, he shall live.
There is no mention that you should believe in the murder of Jesus the Messiah to live neither to repent;
If you belive He is the Messiah, how come it doesn't show?
Show what???

Next reply I'll try to compile all the questions that I asked and you didnot reply;
PBUY

Burninglight
Guru

Allah is Not the God of the Bible

Post #64

Post by Burninglight »

I think your are confusing wisdom with being smart. Someone can be smart and lack wisdom. Some people are too smart for their own good. I still say someone doesn't have to be smart to know the truth, and that doesn't mean, because they are not smart that you can get them to believe differently than what they know to be true.

I am not smart, but I am not stupid either. If some had half the smart I have they might have 2 or 3 times the smarts they have now. It is not about smart friend; it is about having understanding, wisdom, knowledge and spiritual discernment. These I have! IMHO, all Muslims lack spiritual discernment!

Allah is not the same God of the Bible because, God said, Jesus is His "beloved son." You brought up John asking "Is Jesus the one or are we to expect another?" That has nothing to do with what God said out loud in front of witnesses.

Muslim call God a liar or the Scriptures a lie. Listen, the Bible is like a history Book that contains God's word in it and Jesus' word. But some of of it has the words of Paul in it and he admits when it is himself speaking. However, it is impossible to alter God's word that came before Muhammad's time. It is impossible to alter what God said, "This is my beloved son in whom I am well please, year ye Him" but Muslim don't hear, see or heed! They say God didn't say that when He really did! they exalt Muhammad abouve the truth of God's word (Jesus)

Go ahead and bring up questions you feel I haven't answered.
PBUY

PS. I am not claiming to be God; I claim to be speaking God's word to you. There is a difference you know!

Asher
Student

Post #65

Post by Asher »

I think your are confusing wisdom with being smart. Someone can be smart and lack wisdom. Some people are too smart for their own good. I still say someone doesn't have to be smart to know the truth, and that doesn't mean, because they are not smart that you can get them to believe differently than what they know to be true.
As you said "Someone can be smart and lack wisdom" I agree with you, but now think how can a person have wisdom if he is not smart?;
Example:
Take Hindus, some will tell you that there is Millions of God, others will tell that there are Hundreds of God, other will tell you there are only 3 God while those who study their scriptures will tell you that there is only One God, they all think that they know the truth. Not the problem is how to prove them wrong, we can use the some approach as those of the Abrahamic religions, teach them the scriptures; And let them choose between what the elders told them or what is present in the scriptures; I don't think that they will find the truth if they do not use their logic;
Moreover thinking you know the truth doesn't necessarily means that you know the truth especially when you go against your scriptures;
I am not smart, but I am not stupid either. If some had half the smart I have they might have 2 or 3 times the smarts they have now. It is not about smart friend; it is about having understanding, wisdom, knowledge and spiritual discernment. These I have! IMHO, all Muslims lack spiritual discernment!
I agree that if someone is not smart he doesn't necessarily be an idiot, but I see that you don't agree with yourself somehow
"We read sometimes between the lines and get hold of what God is saying through the recorded information" could you do that if he is not smart, what will he understand apart from what he has been forged to believe, furthermore if you don't understand there is no way you can claim to have knowledge;

For Spiritual discernment:
John 15:26-->But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Thing that you will see in the Qu'ran if you read it properly(Already quoted in one of my previous replies);

Isaiah 34:16-->Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
Luke 11:9-13-->And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

You said that Jesus taugh you how to pray(asking to establish the kingdom of God), What did you receive in 2000 years, which prophet came in 2000 years?;
Allah is not the same God of the Bible because, God said, Jesus is His "beloved son." You brought up John asking "Is Jesus the one or are we to expect another?" That has nothing to do with what God said out loud in front of witnesses.

If God said to David, "you are my son"; and David was anointed King; When "God said out loud in front of witnesses" including JOHN THE BAPTIST, why would he had doupted the "said out loud";
I agree that Jesus is the son of God, but not begotten;
Muslim call God a liar or the Scriptures a lie. Listen, the Bible is like a history Book that contains God's word in it and Jesus' word. But some of of it has the words of Paul in it and he admits when it is himself speaking. However, it is impossible to alter God's word that came before Muhammad's time. It is impossible to alter what God said, "This is my beloved son in whom I am well please, year ye Him"
We neither call God a liar not The Scriptures that he sent a lie, but we believe that the scripture that you have is not from God, at least most part of it;
The bible Contains God's word in it and Jesus' word, but it is not completely the word of God, so the Scribes are free to play around with the words;
I agree that "It is impossible to alter what God said" but what about trying to put your words into the mouth of God, you write and say "God said" then it will be accepted by anyone;
but Muslim don't hear, see or heed! They say God didn't say that when He really did! they exalt Muhammad above the truth of God's word (Jesus)
Brother if John the baptist was present and he did not hear, how I'm I to hear after 2000 years;
Did you hear his voice???

John 18:37-->Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
Jesus claim to be the Messiah(anointed one), but Christians says that he is the LAMB;
Here the Christians are the one telling Jesus a liar;
PS. I am not claiming to be God; I claim to be speaking God's word to you. There is a difference you know!
Yes brother I see the difference
Your say: "Learn from his demise and judgment from God! Mark my words"
Go ahead and bring up questions you feel I haven't answered.
In the beginning was the word the word was with God and the word was God The same was in the beginning with God.
I can't really argue about this, it's really ambiguous;to be with or to be???
--
Exodus 21:24-->Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot;
Matthew 5:38-39-->“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.
{who does that?}
Matthew5:30-->And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
{who does that?}
Matthew 5:17-18-->Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.{who believe in this?}
--
If the sacrifice of Jesus was planned by God for salvation of mankind;
John 3:16-->"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Why would Satan help him? (Satan entering Judas)
{ADDED NOW} Matthew 26:21-->And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
If he was to fulfill the will of the father why would it be necessary for Judas to betray Jesus?;
--
He was talking about the laws, and we all know that the bible contains books of the laws(Leviticus and Deuteronomy) which were used to judge others; He was not talking about other documents else which documents(other versions of the bible)?;
--
In light of the fact that all the information contained in the Koran was already in print by these three doctors, will you retract the argument or show me something new about Embryology, that was not already revealed or that was new.
I will neither retract nor show new things but I will explain;
An illiterate man would copy from a foreign language book and omit it's errors?;
--
Genesis 22:2-->And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
According to this Verse God did not knew that Abraham had another Son Ishmael?;
--

As a conclusion:
John 7:14-18--> Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught. And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned? Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

You said Jesus studied the Torah; the Jews said "having never learned"
Jesus is mentioned in the Qur'an 500% time more than Jesus;

PBUY

Burninglight
Guru

Post #66

Post by Burninglight »

God had already sent Ishmael away; therefore Isaac was his only son at that time, besides he was his only son of promise. Jesus is referred to as David because He sits on David's throne. Who cuts off their hands, Well Muhammad cut off the hands of others. Jesus is showing how important it is not to sin.

You would be better off in heaven lame than hell with your body in tact, but you need discernment to understand these sayings of Jesus and spiritual knowledge not logic or being academically smart. There is no one in heaven that is lame.

Jesus spoke in parables and mysteries that you would need the Spirit of God in you to understand. These things are not logical. God cannot be understood with this logic you speak of. After all, what is logical about God creating something from nothing, or being able to be in the past, present and future at the same time or be everywhere and know all things? That is not logical. Well good night I'll deal with rest of your comments another day
PBUY

Peace

Post #67

Post by Peace »

Peace be unto you!
Jesus spoke in parables and mysteries that you would need the Spirit of God in you to understand. These things are not logical. God cannot be understood with this logic you speak of.
I agree that God cannot be fully understood with logic as our understanding is limited, however, God's concept of himself as revealed in the scriptures should not be illogical or contradictory. Like the God of the Bible who is All-Powerful yet needs to rest:
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. - Genesis 2:2
Or is All-Loving but commands tribes and armies to kill women, children, babies and elderly in the Old Testament. I really don't understand how killing babies can be justified let alone women, children and elderly.

I disagree that Jesus (peace be upon him) spoke in mysteries and parables. I believe if he came to warn mankind he would have been as clear and precise as possible, something the Bible is not.
what is logical about God creating something from nothing, or being able to be in the past, present and future at the same time or be everywhere and know all things?
But you believe these things right? You believe God knows everything right?

Burninglight
Guru

Post #68

Post by Burninglight »

Peace wrote: Peace be unto you!
Jesus spoke in parables and mysteries that you would need the Spirit of God in you to understand. These things are not logical. God cannot be understood with this logic you speak of.
I agree that God cannot be fully understood with logic as our understanding is limited, however, God's concept of himself as revealed in the scriptures should not be illogical or contradictory. Like the God of the Bible who is All-Powerful yet needs to rest:
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. - Genesis 2:2
Or is All-Loving but commands tribes and armies to kill women, children, babies and elderly in the Old Testament. I really don't understand how killing babies can be justified let alone women, children and elderly.

I disagree that Jesus (peace be upon him) spoke in mysteries and parables. I believe if he came to warn mankind he would have been as clear and precise as possible, something the Bible is not.
what is logical about God creating something from nothing, or being able to be in the past, present and future at the same time or be everywhere and know all things?
But you believe these things right? You believe God knows everything right?
yes, I believe God knows all things which also is not logical, but I believe it. So, why can't you believe God's Word can be made flesh through Christ and the Christ is the word of God with whom He spoke all things into existence

Peace

Post #69

Post by Peace »

@Burninglight: Peace be unto you man!
yes, I believe God knows all things which also is not logical, but I believe it.�
Please next time try and digest my whole response, it’ll help me understand your views on such points otherwise I would just think that you agree with me. I look forward to your input on the points I raised, like Jesus (peace be upon him) speaking in mysteries almost as though he wants to make it confusing, and the All-Loving contradiction of your concept of the OT God, as well as the obvious interpolation involving God ‘resting’ on the Sabbath after creating the universe; even though He’s all-Powerful.
So, why can't you believe God's Word can be made flesh through Christ and the Christ is the word of God with whom He spoke all things into existence
Many reasons, because I don’t believe God ordered the killing of children, women, elderly and babies. Because I don’t believe God needs to rest, eat and sleep. Because I don’t believe God ‘repents’ like some sort of common sinner. Because I don’t believe God ‘begets’ like animals. Because I don’t think God ordered the enslaving of whole cities after they agree to ‘peace’. Because the text that preaches such a concept has a history of fabrication, interpolation and errors, and most of all, because it just doesn’t make any sense.

One God, many Prophets, one message (Islam) honestly makes much more sense to me then a word that is flesh and the spirit that can’t be seen and the son that is begotten and everyone else goes to hell if they don’t believe it, oh and God is One! Lol

Burninglight
Guru

The Flood

Post #70

Post by Burninglight »

Peace wrote: @Burninglight: Peace be unto you man!
yes, I believe God knows all things which also is not logical, but I believe it.�
Please next time try and digest my whole response, it’ll help me understand your views on such points otherwise I would just think that you agree with me. I look forward to your input on the points I raised, like Jesus (peace be upon him) speaking in mysteries almost as though he wants to make it confusing, and the All-Loving contradiction of your concept of the OT God, as well as the obvious interpolation involving God ‘resting’ on the Sabbath after creating the universe; even though He’s all-Powerful.
So, why can't you believe God's Word can be made flesh through Christ and the Christ is the word of God with whom He spoke all things into existence
Many reasons, because I don’t believe God ordered the killing of children, women, elderly and babies. Because I don’t believe God needs to rest, eat and sleep. Because I don’t believe God ‘repents’ like some sort of common sinner. Because I don’t believe God ‘begets’ like animals. Because I don’t think God ordered the enslaving of whole cities after they agree to ‘peace’. Because the text that preaches such a concept has a history of fabrication, interpolation and errors, and most of all, because it just doesn’t make any sense.

One God, many Prophets, one message (Islam) honestly makes much more sense to me then a word that is flesh and the spirit that can’t be seen and the son that is begotten and everyone else goes to hell if they don’t believe it, oh and God is One! Lol
Do you believe Noah existed? Do you believe a great flood happened? God not only ordered the killing of women and children but he did the killing Himself in the flood. God resting? It is worded that way in the Bible in the torah that is ordained by Allah for you to accept as his word. God rested could mean something less other than a man who gets tired from working. The Bible speaks in terms humans can identify with. No Christians believe that God was begotten like an animal begets or humans. God always was; His word (Jesus) always was.

You err not knowing the Scriptures or the power thereof. You are following the ideas and misconceptions of Muhammad and his god. Christians don't believe many of Allah's and Muhammad's misconceptions about Christianity. One of the big ones is the trinity consisting of father mother and son!