Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Burninglight
Guru

Is Allah in the Quran the same God of the Bible?

Post #1

Post by Burninglight »

Allah means God in Arabic or the god as some contend. Muslims say yes he is the same god and some Christians say yes he is as well, but many Christians say "no He is not." The God in the Bible has a son, but Allah says he doesn't. Muslims say Christians associate partners unto God, but Christians say that is not true and that they are monotheistic or that God is one.

Muslims do not believe when Christians say they are not polytheistic. Christians say Muhammad isn't a confirmed Biblical prophet, but Muslims say he is. Muslims say the Bible has been corrupted, but Christians say the Quran is corrupted.

The Bible says Ishmael is no prophet. Muslims say he is. Jesus said he is "The Way, the Truth, and the Life." Muslims say he was that for his time and for the Jews he came only. Christians say that Jesus is the truth for all time and all people and that Jesus never said I show the truth or the way.

The Quran says that Jesus is not the word of God made flesh, but the Bible says he is. Muslims don't have eternal security, but Christians say we can know now from the Bible if we will be saved and know now if we have eternal life because God assures us. Christians believe that Jesus is Deity, but Muslim so no he is just a prophet or messenger.

Any of these topics on this thread are welcome and open for discussion and or debate!

His Name Is John
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by His Name Is John »

I would say it was / is the same God. Just because they do not have revelation on the mystery of the trinity does not mean they do not worship the same God.
“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.�
- G.K. Chesterton

“A detective story generally describes six living men discussing how it is that a man is dead. A modern philosophic story generally describes six dead men discussing how any man can possibly be alive.�
- G.K. Chesterton

Burninglight
Guru

Post #3

Post by Burninglight »

His Name Is John wrote:I would say it was / is the same God. Just because they do not have revelation on the mystery of the trinity does not mean they do not worship the same God.
I understand. My feelings are mixed, because of pre Islamic history. Allah was the chief pagan deity and one out of 360 pagan gods that Muhammad singled out to be the only true God. Muslims will tell you he is the same God, but is he really? The Allah in the Quran has a differenent spirit than the God of the Bible. I tried to explain the explain the Trinity, but that was a mistake. The word Trinity isn't in the Bible, but the concept is there, but don't try to explain it. I tried by saying God is Spirit; God is Holy; therefore, He is the Holy Spirit. Jesus is literally God's word. God exalts His word above His name. Why God Our Father has chosen to make His Word and Holiness distinct persons of the trinity I have no idea. We are not told or commanded to understand this mystery or explain it.
Muslims say Christians have put forth a thing most monstrous; they act like the trinity came about at the council of Nicea, but it has always been in the Bible before then. So I lean more toward the Islamic Allah as an impersonator of the true God, because there are Christians that worship Allah. Allah simply means God in Arabic, but the Islamic god (Allah) is not the same God, IMO.

LaaIlahaIllAllah
Student

Post #4

Post by LaaIlahaIllAllah »

Burninglight wrote:My feelings are mixed, because of pre Islamic history. Allah was the chief pagan deity and one out of 360 pagan gods that Muhammad singled out to be the only true God. Muslims will tell you he is the same God, but is he really?
Just wanted to make a quick comment on this..

The Arab pagans believed in Allah as the Creator of everything but that some false gods were His 'children', some were just 'lower rank' gods and angels were His daughters, etc.

Also, He was not one of their 360 idols and they did not really worship Him since He was too "Holy" but most worshiped the idols; prayed to them for help, intercession, etc.; or prayed to them to try and get closer to Allah.

Another event from Islamic history that shows Allah was not one of the 360 idols is that when the Muslims took over Mecca, prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) broke and removed all of the idols from the Kaaba and the surrounding area.

But it is not really surprising that they believed in Allah as the Supreme Deity and Creator and etc., because of Abraham and Ismael (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon them both).

Also, I know that Arab Christians call God, "Allah" and that is what it says in their Bible, but I've never heard of a Christian who accepted that the God that Muslims worship is the same that they worship. Maybe like unitarians or something but it I don't think it would make sense for Trinitarians.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by ttruscott »

No.

Only Muslims and pagans think so.

They self define themselves very differently.

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #6

Post by Burninglight »

LaaIlahaIllAllah wrote:
Burninglight wrote:My feelings are mixed, because of pre Islamic history. Allah was the chief pagan deity and one out of 360 pagan gods that Muhammad singled out to be the only true God. Muslims will tell you he is the same God, but is he really?
Just wanted to make a quick comment on this..

The Arab pagans believed in Allah as the Creator of everything but that some false gods were His 'children', some were just 'lower rank' gods and angels were His daughters, etc.

Also, He was not one of their 360 idols and they did not really worship Him since He was too "Holy" but most worshiped the idols; prayed to them for help, intercession, etc.; or prayed to them to try and get closer to Allah.

Another event from Islamic history that shows Allah was not one of the 360 idols is that when the Muslims took over Mecca, prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) broke and removed all of the idols from the Kaaba and the surrounding area.

But it is not really surprising that they believed in Allah as the Supreme Deity and Creator and etc., because of Abraham and Ismael (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon them both).

Also, I know that Arab Christians call God, "Allah" and that is what it says in their Bible, but I've never heard of a Christian who accepted that the God that Muslims worship is the same that they worship. Maybe like unitarians or something but it I don't think it would make sense for Trinitarians.
The Allah of the Christians is not the same Allah of the Quran! It is an undeniable fact of history that before Muhammed was born, the moon god "al-Ilah" (Allah) had three daughters named al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat. The first two were even named after their father. Each daughter had a separate shrine near Mecca, where Allah's shrine was located.
As Muhammad grew weary from evangelizing his new religion with little success, he was tricked by the devil into adding a verse in the Koran that commanded Muslims to pray to Allah's three pagan daughters Lat, Uzza and Manat. The pagan female trinity was immediately accepted without dissent and the passage was considered part of the revealed Koran. However some time later, Muhammad got a revelation from God that the verse should be removed. After repenting of the error, Muhammad was comforted by God.
Such "after the fact corrective revelations" are very common with cults. Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormons also received an "after the fact corrective revelation" from God retracted the previous "divine command" allowing polygamy.

Moreover, Muslim accuse Christians of eating pork and drinking wine and sexual promiscuity and yet the Quran promises a heaven full of wine and free sex (Suras 2:25; 4:57; 11:23; 47:15).
If drunkenness and gross immorality is sinful on earth, how is it right in Paradise?
Islam's Allah is the author of confusion and deception.

The Quran's picture of paradise is exactly what a seventh-century pagan Arab would have thought wonderful.

The carnal concept of a harem of beautiful women and all the wine you can drink is in direct conflict with the spirituality and holiness of the Biblical concept of heaven (Revelation 22:12-17). (This could almost tempt me to be a Muslim. That is if it were true). Unfortunately, according to the Bible there will not be such a place for the Muslim that denies Jesus is the son of God, but a fearful place of judgment and a Christless eternity to come with God's wrath presently on them now.
Jesus said in heaven they neither marry nor are they given in marriage but are like the angels

While the devout Muslim believes with all of his heart that the rituals and doctrines of Islam are entirely heavenly in origin and thus cannot have any earthly sources, Middle East scholars have demonstrated beyond all doubt that every ritual and belief in Islam can be traced back to pre-Islamic Arabian culture.

IOW, Muhammad did not preach anything new. Everything he taught had been believed and practiced in Arabia long before he was ever born. Even the idea of "only one God" was borrowed from the Jews and the Christians. islam.htm

Islam has its roots in pre Islamic history.
Here two passages in the Koran that comment on Muhammad's "daughters-gate" scandal:

Like King David of the Bible admonishing himself of his own adultery in Psalms 51, Muhammad discusses the "Satanic verses"

"And their purpose was to tempt thee away from that which We had revealed unto thee, to substitute in our name something quite different; (in that case), behold! they would certainly have made thee (their) friend! And had We not given thee strength, thou wouldst nearly have inclined to them a little. In that case We should have made thee taste an equal portion (of punishment) in this life, and an equal portion in death: and moreover thou wouldst have found none to help thee against Us!" (Koran 17:73-75)
"Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise; That He may make that which the devil proposeth a temptation for those in whose hearts is a disease, and those whose hearts are hardened - Lo! the evil-doers are in open schism" (Koran 22:52-53)
What scholars say about Allah's Daughters:

Al-'Uzza, al-Lat and Manah, the three daughters of Allah, had their sanctuaries in the land which later became the cradle of Islam. In a weak moment the monotheistic Muhammad was tempted to recognize these powerful deities of Makkah and al-Madinah and make a compromise in their favour, but afterwards he retracted and the revelation is said to have received the form now found in surah 53:19-20. Later theologians explained the case according to the principle of nasikh and mansukh, abrogating and abrogated verses, by means of which God revokes and alters the announcements of His will; this results in the cancellation of a verse and the substitution of another for it (Koran 2 :100). (History Of The Arabs, Philip K. Hitti, 1937, p 96-101)
Allat, according to recent study of the complicated inspirational evidence, is believed to have been introduced into Arabia from Syria, and to have been the moon goddess of North Arabia. If this is the correct interpretation of her character, she corresponded to the moon deity of South Arabia, Almaqah, `Vadd, `Amm or Sin as he was called, the difference being only the oppositeness of gender. Mount Sinai (the name being an Arabic feminine form of Sin) would then have been one of the centers of the worship of this northern moon goddess. Similarly, al-`Uzza is supposed to have come from Sinai, and to have been the goddess of the planet Venus. As the moon and the evening star are associated in the heavens, so too were Allat and al-`Uzza together in religious belief, and so too are the crescent and star conjoined on the flags of Arab countries today. (The Archeology Of World Religions, Jack Finegan, 1952, p482-485, 492)
http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-allahs-daughters.htm
The modern Islamic Allah took over for Hubal the moon god. The crescent moon on the minet above their Mosques of worship show evidence that there is a correlation

Logomachist
Student

Allah, a pagan false God? Or God of the Christians & Jew

Post #7

Post by Logomachist »

Whem a Muslim prays, does he pray to a pagan impostor or the authentic God of the Jews? Muslims would say the latter. If the religion was founded by a false-god Allah then it's a god who has lost control of his cult. It makes no sense to set your religion up as someone else's religion- you would find yourself quickly losing worshippers.

For that reason I accept Muslim claims at face value and believe that all monotheistic religions worship a singular God.

Artie
Prodigy

Re: Allah, a pagan false God? Or God of the Christians &

Post #8

Post by Artie »

Logomachist wrote:Whem a Muslim prays, does he pray to a pagan impostor or the authentic God of the Jews? Muslims would say the latter. If the religion was founded by a false-god Allah then it's a god who has lost control of his cult. It makes no sense to set your religion up as someone else's religion- you would find yourself quickly losing worshippers.

For that reason I accept Muslim claims at face value and believe that all monotheistic religions worship a singular God.
How can Allah and the Christian God possibly be the same god? Allah doesn't have a son...

LaaIlahaIllAllah
Student

Post #9

Post by LaaIlahaIllAllah »

[quote="Burninglight"]

I did not read most of your post because after scanning over it and over the past few days, I realized that you can only spew out nonsense from some biased sites which don't even have the correct info! Lol...

I scanned over alittle and you mentioned the "Satanic Verses" thing again and a bunch of other things that you constantly repeat like a parrot even though I refuted them many times.

I also realized that there is no point debating with you because of this - that you repeat things without reading the counter proof or reading it and dismissing it even if it totally refutes your lies.

You just angry cause in Christianity you don't believe God is All-Knowing but in Islam we do!

Logomachist
Student

How can Allah and the Christian God possibly be the same god

Post #10

Post by Logomachist »

How can Allah and the Christian God possibly be the same god? Allah doesn't have a son...
I interperet that to mean that God doesn't have a biologial son, in the sense that the LDS Church claims. Jesus taught that we w\are all God's children and I think Muslims would agree with that.