What do Muslims have to trump Christianity?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Burninglight
Guru

What do Muslims have to trump Christianity?

Post #1

Post by Burninglight »

Can Muslims prove that Muhammad was a descendant of Ishmael? If so, can Muslims prove that Ishmael was a prophet. Can Muslims prove that Muhammad meets the requirements of prophet hood; for instance, is he from the right ancestral line; has he performed any miracle or given any prophecy that was fufilled; has he been confirmed by other prophets? Did he know the name of God?

Since the Quran means recitation, should it have been written. Does any Muslim know where one can find an original Quran? Can they prove that the copy of the Quran they have from Uthman's time hasn't been corrupted after he burned the originals and recompiled it? Is there any record that shows Muhammad claimed to even be a prophet during his life time or that any pronounced him one?

Burninglight
Guru

Re: What do Muslims have to trump Christianity?

Post #31

Post by Burninglight »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote:
Burninglight wrote:It doesn't bother me if you call Jesus all the names you want. I don't need to defend Jesus, He can do that Himself
Heh. What a fabulous attitude. Now why can’t muslims do the same thing with Muhammad? Surely allah can protect Muhammad’s good name if people sling abuse at him?
If you find the answer to that, please let me know. They get pretty bent out of shape, like you wouldn't believe. I have been bump off of Muslim forums just for implying in a very civil manner that Muhammad might not be who they think he is.

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #32

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Hey, I used to be a muslim. I went on a muslim forum and declared the ultimate blasphemy: saying I didn’t believe in god anymore. That brought some negative reactions, but it was only when I asked if it was true that Muhammad sanctioned the execution of apostates did I get my thread locked and deleted.

Surely people should get more bent out of shape about an insult to god, rather than an insult to someone they admit was just a man?

Some serious, unacknowledged Muhammad–worship going on there…
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

stok3th3fir3
Student

Re: What do Muslims have to trump Christianity?

Post #33

Post by stok3th3fir3 »

There always has to be fact to build to build ones faith; for instance, someone saw Jesus' life and miracles, His death and resurrection. If, however, one could prove that Jesus didn't die and rise from the dead that would destroy Christianity.

Muslims have been trying to say that, but they base their believe strictly on faith in the Quran with no proof. It states that someone made to look like Jesus died, but Christians know that is contrived. The Bible was written closer to the time of the events it records than the Quran. Besides, it isn't logical that those who witnessed His death and resurrection would go about risking their lives to preach a tale.

I believe it when the Quran says that Allah is the "best of deceivers" only His deception was not what the Quran states; his deception was to get people to believe Jesus didn't die so they can believe a lie and be cut off from the source of all life! As I mentioned, the greatest threat to Islam is knowledge; what keeps them going, for the most part, is ignorance.

They foolishly believe that the Bible is corrupted even though Muhammad never said that. Modern Islam says that, but what they don't realize is they are saying that man's ability to corrupt God's word is greater than God's power to preserve His word. Logic would tell anyone that if God couldn't keep His word in tact before Muhammad or during his time, He wouldn't be able to do it after. The Bible says His word is established forever in Heaven. Jesus is His word. He is not a messenger; He is the Message![/quote]

Can you show me 1 piece of firsthand evidence written in the time of Jesus about his miracles or even his life. Biblical text doesn't count they weren't first hand.