Misconceptions about Islam:

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

HaLi8993
Guru

Misconceptions about Islam:

Post #1

Post by HaLi8993 »

There are many misconceptions that exist within the field of Islam one being the topic of women. Unfortunately due to ignorance and lack of knowledge of some people and the ever growing propaganda and Islamaphobia that exist today, including the ever growing media agenda’s that govern the way people think and act, women are deemed as being unequal to men in Islam.

We are all aware that women and men are not alike so I don’t understand when someone makes the statement that Islam should practice equality, what do you mean by equality??? This word – equality – which many thinkers in both the east and the west advocate in various fields of life is a word which is based on deviation and a lack of understanding, especially when it is attributed to the religion to Islam. One of the things that people misunderstand is when they say that “Islam is the religion of equality�. What they should say is that Islam is the religion of justice.

Here we should note that there are some people who speak of equality instead of justice, and this is a mistake. We should not say equality, because equality implies no differentiation between the two. Because of this unjust call for equality, people start to ask, what is the difference between male and female?’ So they made males and females the same. We are all aware that the Male is not like the female.

God says in the Quran:

“And the male is not like the female�[Quran Aal ‘Imraan 3:36] The male is different from the female in many ways, in his strength, in his body, in his toughness and roughness, whereas women are soft and gentle. Women are like men in some aspects and they differ from them in others. Most of the rulings of Islam apply to men and women equally.

In cases where a distinction is made between the sexes, the Muslim regards that as a mercy from God and a sign of His knowledge of His creation, but the arrogant people see it as oppression and injustice, so he stubbornly insists on claiming that men and women are the same. So let him tell us how a man can carry a foetus and breastfeed it? He stubbornly ignores the weakness of women and how they bleed during their monthly period, and he stubbornly refuses to accept reality.

But the Muslim is still at peace with his faith, surrendering to the command of God. “Should not He who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves), All Aware (of everything)� [Quran al-Mulk 67:14 ]

Burninglight
Guru

Post #781

Post by Burninglight »

HaLi8993 wrote: @ Burninglight

QUOTE: "I notice you don't answer my questions. You just simply give answers. No where in the Bible does it speak of Mary worship or saints. Allah's understanding of Christianity is only that of a Catholic view. Therefore, he didn't understand true Biblical Christianity. That is why Muslims are confused today about Christianity. The protestant movement, started as the truth was revealed from the Bible, people started pulling away from Catholicism. From what I can see, Muhammad only went by hearsay when he dictated the recitations. IMO, the Quran consists of Muhammad's convulsions along with demonic dictations that fly in the face of God, Jesus and the Bible just like Joseph Smith did. Muhammad has been proved wrong. But not just wrong but dead wrong!!! He suffered a horrid death by poison, and said he felt as if his aorta was cut. (That is how Allah destroys false prophets) Deedat died a horrid death too. It is all over youtube. Deedat received a false prophet's reward and Naik is next."

ANSWER: Yes, answers to your questions, what question do you feel I haven't answered? God is not wrong at all the fact that there are different sects in Christianity some worshipping Mary even though as you claim the bible doesn't say such a thing doesn't mean it does not happen by Christians and is still happening. This verse is directed to all the Christians throughout the entire history of Christianity. Furthermore all of mankind since the beginning of time will be resurrected on the Day of Judgement. Therefore it is only logical to answer the dilemma faced, not only by the Christians in our present era but by all Christians throughout the history of Christianity. So how is the Quran wrong?

I don't see how you have proven anything wrong, so believing that God's son was humiliated on the cross in such a barbaric way isn't a horrid death in your eyes?? Of course we as Muslims don't believe this. I don't see how the way people have died has anything to do with the topic, you seem to think that the way a person dies means they were a bad person, this is unjustifiable as you have no idea of God's knowledge and what he intends in the knowledge of the Unseen. Everything that happens whether good or bad is a test from our Lord. The hardships and trials a person undergoes  doesn't suggest they are wrong or a bad person. A believer will be tested with trials and hardships, hence something you may see as bad is actually good but you know not. God may choose to purify you from your sins in this life rather than the severe punishment of the hereafter or may wish to bring you closer to Him through repentance. 

QURAN: 2:214

"Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said,"When is the help of Allah ?" Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near"

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with Trials."  (Book #70, Hadith #548)

QUOTE: "ANSWER, Hell no sounds like that appropriate response. They are a perverted Christianity or a corrupted version to say the least. It is to the point THAT it is not Christianity. What prophecy came true with Muhammad? He didn't give any accept to say they would win some war. He had a 50/ 50 chance of being right. That is not prophecy, friend. Muhammad never did anything to confirm him a prophet. No miracles or prophecy, and there is no evidence that he considered himself a prophet during his life time nor did anyone else proclaim him one before he was born or during his life time. That all came after his death"

ANSWER: Wasn't it you at one stage that was saying that Joseph Smith had many followers, or was that someone else? Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) came with many prophecies including: the defeat of the Persians by the Romans within a number of years,the conquest of Makkah, the battle of Badr. God supported the Prophet (peace be upon him) with physical miracles, with which he challenged his people. Among the most important of these were the splitting of the moon and the night journey to Jerusalem. They were unable to match these miracles, and so these miracles along with others were a decisive, divine testimony to the truth of his Prophethood (peace be upon him). Not to mention the Quran being the unchanged and unaltered, preserved book of God.His coming was foretold in the Torah and the Gospel and some of the people of the book saw that these prophecies applied in totality to the Prophet (peace be upon him), which led them to embrace Islam. There are still passages in the Bible, in both the Old and New Testaments, in the versions that are accepted by the people of the book, that clearly refer to the Prophethood of Muhammad (peace be upon him), for example in the Gospel of Barnabas, which is considered by Christians to be the most authentic Gospel.

QUOTE: "I accept that Allah is "the best of deceivers" as stated in the Quran. Whatever do you mean? 
Do you think spouting out irrelevant answers is dealing with the issues I brought up? Not hardly!

ANSWER: Yes, He is towards His enemies that plot and plan day and night causing corruption on the land and spreading lies about His religion but not towards those who follow Him and love Him and please Him. I have answered all your questions it is you that hasn't answered mine. Lol.

QURAN 2:8-14

And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.

They [think to] deceive Allah and those who believe, but they deceive not except themselves and perceive [it] not.

In their hearts is disease, so Allah has increased their disease; and for them is a painful punishment because they [habitually] used to lie.

And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers."

Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not.

And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not.

And when they meet those who believe, they say, "We believe"; but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say, "Indeed, we are with you; we were only mockers."
I heard about the splitting of the moon, but what was the purpose of doing that? The miracles Jesus did help someone. Look I don't want to argue with you. You are the most tenacious Muslim woman I have ever dialogue with. I have comments for all this you say, but we are going in circles. I am unable to see Muhammad as a confirmed prophet. The verses from the Bible you call corrupted are not corrupted when you try to say it confirms Muhammad. I am tired of going in circles. There is one verses that speaks to me in the Quran; that is to you be your religion and to me be be mine. I wish you the best

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #782

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Burninglight

QUOTE: "I heard about the splitting of the moon, but what was the purpose of doing that? The miracles Jesus did help someone. Look I don't want to argue with you. You are the most tenacious Muslim woman I have ever dialogue with. I have comments for all this you say, but we are going in circles. I am unable to see Muhammad as a confirmed prophet. The verses from the Bible you call corrupted are not corrupted when you try to say it confirms Muhammad. I am tired of going in circles. There is one verses that speaks to me in the Quran; that is to you be your religion and to me be be mine. I wish you the best"

ANSWER: The Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked by the people to perform a miracle. Then God immediately caused for the moon to split. Many were eye witnessed to this account.This was a clear sign from God to prove the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). People who were not present at the time and had come across this way were asked about this also whether they had seen it and they had agreed that they had witnessed this also. There were many miracles the Prophet (peace be upon him) did that also helped people, but we cannot give any Prophet or Messenger a higher status than what God has given them.

Lol, Burninglight you have a completely wrong understanding of Islam, when one looks at the evidence in front of us it becomes very clear that the Bible has been changed. Lol, that verse is an excellent example of this situation. I hope God opens your heart to see the truth one day. Maybe you already know it's the truth but you just don't want to let go. He he. :-) 

Burninglight
Guru

moon god

Post #783

Post by Burninglight »

QUOTE: "I heard about the splitting of the moon, but what was the purpose of doing that? The miracles Jesus did help someone. Look I don't want to argue with you. You are the most tenacious Muslim woman I have ever dialogue with. I have comments for all this you say, but we are going in circles. I am unable to see Muhammad as a confirmed prophet. The verses from the Bible you call corrupted are not corrupted when you try to say it confirms Muhammad. I am tired of going in circles. There is one verses that speaks to me in the Quran; that is to you be your religion and to me be be mine. I wish you the best"

ANSWER: The Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked by the people to perform a miracle. Then God immediately caused for the moon to split. Many were eye witnessed to this account.This was a clear sign from God to prove the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). People who were not present at the time and had come across this way were asked about this also whether they had seen it and they had agreed that they had witnessed this also. There were many miracles the Prophet (peace be upon him) did that also helped people, but we cannot give any Prophet or Messenger a higher status than what God has given them.

Lol, Burninglight you have a completely wrong understanding of Islam, when one looks at the evidence in front of us it becomes very clear that the Bible has been changed. Lol, that verse is an excellent example of this situation. I hope God opens your heart to see the truth one day. Maybe you already know it's the truth but you just don't want to let go. He he. :-) 
The moon is a mystery thing. I hear there is evidence of it, but I just don't believe God works that way. The people wanted a miracle so God entertained them, lol, God doesn't perform signs and wonders just because people want a sign.
The Bible states that the anti Christ will be able to do sings and wonders even call down fire from the sky; so, it is no wonder that Muhammad had an anointing but from whom? Oh I know the best of deceivers. Sure Satan has supernatural powers too, but he can't do want God doesn't allow. So God allows deception and I still believe Islam is a supernatural deception. The moon splitting, if true, might have something to do with Allah being the moon god, and it is no wonder that Muslims have the crescent moon above their Mosques of worship!

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #784

Post by A Troubled Man »

HaLi8993 wrote:
ANSWER: The Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked by the people to perform a miracle. Then God immediately caused for the moon to split. Many were eye witnessed to this account.
"Glory be to my Lord; am I aught but a mortal messenger?" Q. 17: 93

"And those who disbelieve say: Why has not a sign been sent down upon him from his Lord? You are only a warner." Q. 13: 07

Muhammad insisted that even though other prophets had miracles, his only miracle is the Quran. So when Muslims claim that Muhammad performed miracles, they are going against the Quran itself.

Muslim scholar Maududi explains:

The amazing and wonderful phenomenon of the splitting of the Moon was a manifest sign of the truth that the Resurrection, of which the Holy Prophet was giving them the news, could take place and that it had approached near at hand. The great sphere of the Moon had split into two distinct parts in front of their very eyes. The two parts had separated and receded so much apart from each other that to the on-lookers one part had appeared on one side of the mountain and the other on the other side of it. Then, in an instant the two had rejoined.

The other problem with this claim is that this astronomical phenomenon should have been observed, not just in Mecca, but all over the world. Many nations have recorded even eclipses, why there is no mention of such a thing that for sure would have been the most amazing phenomenon?

Burninglight
Guru

Post #785

Post by Burninglight »

A Troubled Man wrote:
HaLi8993 wrote:
ANSWER: The Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked by the people to perform a miracle. Then God immediately caused for the moon to split. Many were eye witnessed to this account.
"Glory be to my Lord; am I aught but a mortal messenger?" Q. 17: 93

"And those who disbelieve say: Why has not a sign been sent down upon him from his Lord? You are only a warner." Q. 13: 07

Muhammad insisted that even though other prophets had miracles, his only miracle is the Quran. So when Muslims claim that Muhammad performed miracles, they are going against the Quran itself.

Muslim scholar Maududi explains:

The amazing and wonderful phenomenon of the splitting of the Moon was a manifest sign of the truth that the Resurrection, of which the Holy Prophet was giving them the news, could take place and that it had approached near at hand. The great sphere of the Moon had split into two distinct parts in front of their very eyes. The two parts had separated and receded so much apart from each other that to the on-lookers one part had appeared on one side of the mountain and the other on the other side of it. Then, in an instant the two had rejoined.

The other problem with this claim is that this astronomical phenomenon should have been observed, not just in Mecca, but all over the world. Many nations have recorded even eclipses, why there is no mention of such a thing that for sure would have been the most amazing phenomenon?
Not only that everyone would see the moon spilt, but wouldn't there have been major tidal shifts noted all over the world? In pre Islamic history it is noted that Alaah took over for Hubal the moon God. Mosques have a moon over them. Islam has just a little too much moon in it for me. I believe those that join Islam have a bunch of demons mooning them.
Honestly, if Christianity is not the true path, I would rather be a "Troubled man" than a Muslim! IMO, Islam is so clearly full of bull, I mean moon, that it totally blows my mind that anyone can fall for it.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #786

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Burninglight

QUOTE: "The moon is a mystery thing. I hear there is evidence of it, but I just don't believe God works that way. The people wanted a miracle so God entertained them, lol, God doesn't perform signs and wonders just because people want a sign. 
The Bible states that the anti Christ will be able to do sings and wonders even call down fire from the sky; so, it is no wonder that Muhammad had an anointing but from whom? Oh I know the best of deceivers. Sure Satan has supernatural powers too, but he can't do want God doesn't allow. So God allows deception and I still believe Islam is a supernatural deception. The moon splitting, if true, might have something to do with Allah being the moon god, and it is no wonder that Muslims have the crescent moon above their Mosques of worship!"

ANSWER: Burninglight you are acknowledging that there is evidence for it but you choose to deny it, you cannot say that "you think" God doesn't work that way, you are placing your knowledge above that of God with such logic and understanding. God does what he wills. The Crescent moon doesn't have any basis in Islam, we don't see the crescent or star as a symbol of the Muslims. Not sure where you got that idea from? Mocking and insulting the religion of God is not addressing the the issues we are discussing, this is not mature at all, especially coming from a person of your age. 

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #787

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ A Troubled Man

QUOTE: "Muhammad insisted that even though other prophets had miracles, his only miracle is the Quran. So when Muslims claim that Muhammad performed miracles, they are going against the Quran itself."

ANSWER: You are mistaken his only Miracle was not the Quran there are many miracles recorded in authentic narrations not to mention the splitting if the moon mentioned in the Quran.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 13, Number 55:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Once in the lifetime of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) the people were afflicted with drought (famine). While the Prophet was delivering the Khutba on a Friday, a Bedouin stood up and said, "O, Allah's Apostle! Our possessions are being destroyed and the children are hungry; Please invoke Allah (for rain)". So the Prophet raised his hands. At that time there was not a trace of cloud in the sky. By Him in Whose Hands my soul is as soon as he lowered his hands, clouds gathered like mountains, and before he got down from the pulpit, I saw the rain falling on the beard of the Prophet. It rained that day, the next day, the third day, the fourth day till the next Friday. The same Bedouin or another man stood up and said, "O Allah's Apostle! The houses have collapsed, our possessions and livestock have been drowned; Please invoke Allah (to protect us)". So the Prophet I raised both his hands and said, "O Allah! Round about us and not on us". So, in whatever direction he pointed with his hands, the clouds dispersed and cleared away, and Medina's (sky) became clear as a hole in between the clouds. The valley of Qanat remained flooded, for one month, none came from outside but talked about the abundant rain.

QURAN: 54:1

"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad SAW to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon)."

So how exactly are Muslims going against the Quran?? I don't know what these random verses from the Quran are for, but I will explain what they mean anyway:

In brief the Quraish at the time were making certain requests in order that they believe and be convinced of Muhammad's Prophethood such as wanting the Prophet (peace be upon him) to ascend into the sky upon a ladder while they watch, however God knew and was very aware that they were making these demands out of disbelief and stubbornness and would not believe regardless if they were shown miracles or not. Hence the reason for this verse:

QURAN: 17:93

"Or you have a house of gold or you ascend into the sky. And [even then], we will not believe in your ascension until you bring down to us a book we may read." Say, "Exalted is my Lord! Was I ever but a human messenger?"

"and even then we will put no faith in your ascension until you bring down for us a Book that we would read" meaning a book in which there would be one page for each person, on which would be the words: "This is a book from Allah to so-and-so the son of so-and-so, which he would find by his head when he woke up in the morning.''

"Glorified be my Lord! Am I anything but a man, sent as a Messenger'' - meaning, Glorified, exalted and sanctified be He above the notion that anyone would come before Him concerning any matter pertaining to His authority and sovereignty. He is the One Who does what He wills. If He willed, he could have given Muhammad (peace be upon him) what he asked for (or if He willed, he could have refrained) Muhammad (peace be upon him) is only a Messenger, sent to convey the Messages of his Lord and advise the people, He did this, and the response to what the Quraish asked for is to be decided by Allah, may He be glorified.

QURAN 13:7

And those who disbelieved say, "Why has a sign not been sent down to him from his Lord?" You are only a warner, and for every people is a guide.

Allah states that out of their disbelief and stubbornness, the idolators asked why is not a miracle sent down to the Messenger from his Lord, just like the earlier Messengers, the disbelievers were being stubborn when they asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) to turn As-Safa into gold, to remove the mountains from around them, and to replace them with green fields and rivers. 

Allah said

"And nothing stops Us from sending the Ayat but that the people of old denied them. (17:59)

Allah said:

"You are only a warner" -  and your duty is only to convey Allah's Message which He has ordered you

"Not upon you is their guidance, but Allah guides whom He wills." (2:272) 

Allah said:

"And to every people there is a guide" meaning that for every people there has been a caller, there was a similar verse in the Quran that reads:

"And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them." (35:24).

QUOTE: "The other problem with this claim is that this astronomical phenomenon should have been observed, not just in Mecca, but all over the world. Many nations have recorded even eclipses, why there is no mention of such a thing that for sure would have been the most amazing phenomenon?"

ANSWER: This event took place in Makkah during the night, hence in many parts of the world at that time it would have been day, or in other countries it would have been the middle or last part of the night where people are asleep. People that are awake during the day time do not stare at the moon all the time, moreover the splitting of the moon would not make any difference on the moonlight spread on the earth therefore it wouldn't attract much attention at all. Not to mention the event happening suddenly and for a short while. When a lunar eclipse occurs there are many people that are unaware of such a thing, so one cannot assume that it did not take place. Therefore if it's not recorded doesn't suggest that it did not take place at all. This event was recorded in an Indian history book called Tarikh e Farishtah, it mentions in this book that a native ruler witnessed this phenomenon that night with his own eyes and entered this into his diary. This incident caused him to enter Islam.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #788

Post by A Troubled Man »

HaLi8993 wrote:
QURAN: 54:1

"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad SAW to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon)."

So how exactly are Muslims going against the Quran??
"Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "There was no prophet among the prophets but was given miracles because of which people had security or had belief, but what I was given was the Divine Inspiration which Allah revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other prophet on the Day of Resurrection."
Sahih Bukhari 9:92:379

They (also) said: "Allah took our promise not to believe in an messenger unless He showed us a sacrifice consumed by Fire (From heaven)." Say: "There came to you messengers before me, with clear Signs and even with what ye ask for: why then did ye slay them, if ye speak the truth?" if you are truthful?
Qur'an 3:138

They say: "We shall not believe in thee, until thou cause a spring to gush forth for us from the earth
Qur'an 17:90

Say: "Glory to my Lord! Am I aught but a man,- a messenger?"
Qur'an 17:9

And naught prevented mankind from believing when the guidance came unto them save that they said: Hath Allah sent a mortal as (His) messenger?
Qur'an 17:94

And they say: "What sort of a messenger is this, who eats food, and walks through the streets? Why has not an angel been sent down to him to give admonition with him? "Or (Why) has not a treasure been bestowed on him, or why has he (not) a garden for enjoyment?" The wicked say: "Ye follow none other than a man bewitched."
Qur'an 25:7-8

Say: Had there been in the earth angels walking about as settlers, We would certainly have sent down to them from the heaven an angel as a messenger.
Qur'an 17:95

Say (unto them, O Muhammad): I exhort you unto one thing only: that ye awake, for Allah's sake, by twos and singly, and then reflect: There is no madness in your comrade. He is naught else than a warner unto you in face of a terrific doom.
Qur'an 34:46

Or (why is not) treasure thrown down unto him, or why hath he not a paradise from whence to eat? And the evil-doers say: Ye are but following a man bewitched.
Qur'an 25:8

Why do you not bring to us the angels if you are of the truthful ones?
Qur'an 15:6

We send not the angels down except for just cause: if they came (to the ungodly), behold! no respite would they have! “And the Unbelievers say: "Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?" But thou art truly a warner, and to every people a guide.�
Qur'an 15:7-8

Then if they reject thee, so were rejected messengers before thee, who came with Clear Signs, Books of dark prophecies, and the Book of Enlightenment.
Qur'an 3:184

Their hearts toying as with trifles. The wrong-doers conceal their private counsels, (saying), "Is this (one) more than a man like yourselves? Will ye go to witchcraft with your eyes open?"
Qur'an 2:3

Autodidact
Prodigy

Post #789

Post by Autodidact »

QUOTE: "If you're going to make a statement that Jesus wasn't sinless, you should prove it or show your source. In the Quran Muhammad was told to ask for forgiveness so we know he wasn't sinless. I have proved with Scripture in the Bible God said Jesus is His "Beloved son." So, there you go again making false unconfirmed statements"

ANSWER: The fact that baptism stands as a sign for one that has repented of sin is one example. In Mark 1:4, Mark presents Jesus (peace be upon him) as a repentant sinner: 

people "flocked" to John, "and were baptized by him in the River Jordan, confessing their sins…It happened at this time that Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized in the Jordan by John" (Mark 1:5, 9). 

Therefore it's either Mark did not realize what he was saying, or developed a theology of Jesus' sinlessness. 

In regards to sins, we don't claim that Muhammad (peace be upon him) was devine, all the Messengers, including Muhammad  (peace be upon him) never committed any sin intentionally as an act of disobedience towards God after receiving their Mission. Messengers are  protected from major sins but not from minor sins. Therefore they make mistakes however God points out their Mistakes as a Mercy to them and their nations, and He forgave their mistakes and accepted their repentance as a Grace and Mercy, for God is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful. This is Evident in the Quran. 

God would never say that Jesus (peace be upon him) is his son, cause this is not true, God is the One the Only who does not have a wife nor a Son. God warns against such statements in the Quran, I have shown you how many people in the bible where referred to the son of God, doesn't mean much at all.
So apparently sex with children, slavery and theft are not sins then? Interesting morality you got there.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #790

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ A Troubled Man

Can you explain what all these random verses are suggesting??, if you are trying to imply that they contradict one another, they certainly don't lol. I'm not going to go through all of them but pick one that you think contradicts and we will discuss it.