Misconceptions about Islam:

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

HaLi8993
Guru

Misconceptions about Islam:

Post #1

Post by HaLi8993 »

There are many misconceptions that exist within the field of Islam one being the topic of women. Unfortunately due to ignorance and lack of knowledge of some people and the ever growing propaganda and Islamaphobia that exist today, including the ever growing media agenda’s that govern the way people think and act, women are deemed as being unequal to men in Islam.

We are all aware that women and men are not alike so I don’t understand when someone makes the statement that Islam should practice equality, what do you mean by equality??? This word – equality – which many thinkers in both the east and the west advocate in various fields of life is a word which is based on deviation and a lack of understanding, especially when it is attributed to the religion to Islam. One of the things that people misunderstand is when they say that “Islam is the religion of equality�. What they should say is that Islam is the religion of justice.

Here we should note that there are some people who speak of equality instead of justice, and this is a mistake. We should not say equality, because equality implies no differentiation between the two. Because of this unjust call for equality, people start to ask, what is the difference between male and female?’ So they made males and females the same. We are all aware that the Male is not like the female.

God says in the Quran:

“And the male is not like the female�[Quran Aal ‘Imraan 3:36] The male is different from the female in many ways, in his strength, in his body, in his toughness and roughness, whereas women are soft and gentle. Women are like men in some aspects and they differ from them in others. Most of the rulings of Islam apply to men and women equally.

In cases where a distinction is made between the sexes, the Muslim regards that as a mercy from God and a sign of His knowledge of His creation, but the arrogant people see it as oppression and injustice, so he stubbornly insists on claiming that men and women are the same. So let him tell us how a man can carry a foetus and breastfeed it? He stubbornly ignores the weakness of women and how they bleed during their monthly period, and he stubbornly refuses to accept reality.

But the Muslim is still at peace with his faith, surrendering to the command of God. “Should not He who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves), All Aware (of everything)� [Quran al-Mulk 67:14 ]

Burninglight
Guru

Dolls & Aisha's Idolatry

Post #811

Post by Burninglight »

HaLi8993 wrote: @ Burninglight

QUOTE: "I don't have a problem with Solomon having all those wives; I am almost envious LOL  . One of the many reasons Muhammad is not a good prophet role model is because of his marriage example. Why did he marry her at 6 yo if he was going to to wait until she was an adult to have sexual intercourse with her? The hadith that you admire so much says she was a child still playing with dolls when he a full grown 55 yo man came into her. It just doesn't sit right with me"
quote="HaLi8993"]

ANSWER: Because it is a sin to go against the laws of God, which state that one cannot have sexual relations with a female that has not yet reached the age of puberty, making her women and able for intercourse. This doesn't mean anything to me, as I still know adults that play with dolls lol..
So, you will say anything to justify Muhammad's indiscretions and even justify him for allowing an adult to have a doll to play with. What about the sins of idolatry? It doesn't apply to his very, very, very young bride? This is prove for Idolatry then. Also the second part of the shahada, and to obey Muhammad is to obey Allah; moreover, many Muslims follow Muhammad's idea of child marriage and marry children even younger. It as been and still is leading to much abuse disguised under the sanctity of marriage. It is a joke and disgusting.
[quote"Burninglight"/]

Answer me this: Would you give your six year old child to a respectable 55 year old man for a wife? Once the door is closed you have no idea what he will do with her. Your baby daughter is no longer under your authority she is at his sexual discretion"
[quote/]
HaLi8993 wrote:
ANSWER: If it was a command from God All-Mighty indeed I would. If the man was was a Prophet (peace be upon him) of God again I would. You are taking the situation out of context Burninglight, what guarantee do you have that nothing in happening to your little girl when she leaves the home to go to school, who knows what goes on behind closed doors to little girls. Next thing you know she comes home at the age of 15 or 16 and tells you she is pregnant. No women is under your authority anymore once she is married and has moved in with her husband Lol. They are free to do as they wish according to laws set by God.
can you produce evidence it was a command from God to marry Aisha? Until children get married they are still under their parents authority. If they are disobedient that doesn't change that fact. You are talking pure foolishness. You think you know what you're talking about because you are deceived into believing you have the truth, But you have been had by Allah's deception, but you love it; so. to you be your religion and to me be mine lol :lol:

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #812

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Burninglight

QUOTE: "So, you will say anything to justify Muhammad's indiscretions and even justify him for allowing an adult to have a doll to play with. What about the sins of idolatry? It doesn't apply to his very, very, very young bride? This is prove for Idolatry then. Also the second part of the shahada, and to obey Muhammad is to obey Allah; moreover, many Muslims follow Muhammad's idea of child marriage and marry children even younger. It as been and still is leading to much abuse disguised under the sanctity of marriage. It is a joke and disgusting"

ANSWER: It is well known that many mature girls have dolls, we just call them stuffed animals nowadays. It is also well known that many sexually active young women love to receive stuffed animals such as teddy bears from their lovers (God forbid), hence this cannot be used to suggest that Aisha was an immature girl.

This is proof for idolatry?? What next Burninglight now Aisha worshipped dolls?? How is it idolatry? lol. The shahada has already been explained to you in your other thread, you seem to think you have to mention the same things in every thread. Muslims are obliged to marry according to the rules and regulations set out by God in relation to marriage, any person who oversteps the mark set out by God will be held accountable for their actions. A young girl cannot be forced into marriage against her will and consent. Islam protects women it does not discredit them.

QUOTE: "can you produce evidence it was a command from God to marry Aisha? Until children get married they are still under their parents authority. If they are disobedient that doesn't change that fact. You are talking pure foolishness. You think you know what you're talking about because you are deceived into believing you have the truth, But you have been had by Allah's deception, but you love it; so. to you be your religion and to me be mine lol"

ANSWER: There is a Hadith by Imaam al-Bukhaari (may Allah have mercy on him) in his Saheeh from Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her), who said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said to her: “You were shown to me twice in a dream. I saw you in a piece of silk (i.e.: he saw her image on a piece of silk, or he saw her wearing a silken garment). I was told, "This is your wife, so unveil her," and it was you. I said: if this dream is from Allah then it will come to pass." 

(Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 3606).

In his commentary on this Hadith, Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “This dream came after his mission had started, and it was a  revelation that had implications in real life. (Its implication was that he did indeed marry her later on). His words "and it was you" indicate that he had seen her before and knew what she looked like.

Once someone is married under the conditions set in Islam and the marriage is legitimate then she is no longer under the authority of her parents. You see the difference between me and you Burninglight is I can accept the truth when it is shown to me but you cannot :-)