Hank vs. other religions

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Shabi

Hank vs. other religions

Post #1

Post by Shabi »

I would like to debate on the topic of Hank. For the unenlightened, here are His commandments:

"From the Desk of Karl
1. Kiss Hank's ass and He'll give you a million dollars when you leave town.
2. Use alcohol in moderation.
3. Kick the crap out of people who aren't like you.
4. Eat right.
5. Hank dictated this list Himself.
6. The moon is made of green cheese.
7. Everything Hank says is right.
8. Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
9. Don't use alcohol.
10. Eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.
11. Kiss Hank's ass or He'll kick the crap out of you."

My main position will be that His teachings are true and we must live by His teachings or He will kick the crap out of us. I am very serious in this debate, and even though Hank's list has been referenced in a humorous story that has circulated the internet, they did not create Hank's list (obviously Hank Himself did). Moreover Hank told me He through a vision was already preparing to kick the crap out of whoever mocked Him.

Ideally I would like to discuss this with religious people and show them the true good of Hank and why they should also follow Hank's teachings. I would like the debate to center around arguments as to why other religions are more valid than Hank. Though I myself don't believe that Hank is a religion, it is simply Truth and I think everyone knows this in their heart.

Three things I would like to avoid in this debate:
1. Appeal to the majority - "If many believe so, it is so."
2. Genetic fallacy - "assuming a perceived defect in the origin of a claim discredits the claim itself"
3. Ad hominem - "an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it."

With that, let's begin! I will be on the defensive for this debate, and will not attack anyone's religious beliefs. However, I may point out parallels in others' religions with their perceived faults in Hank. I would just like to defend Hank as He told me there have been people laughing at Him. So what makes your religion more valid than Hank?

Suluby
Apprentice

Re: Hank vs. other religions

Post #2

Post by Suluby »

Shabi wrote: I would like to debate on the topic of Hank. For the unenlightened, here are His commandments:

"From the Desk of Karl
1. Kiss Hank's ass and He'll give you a million dollars when you leave town.
2. Use alcohol in moderation.
3. Kick the crap out of people who aren't like you.
4. Eat right.
5. Hank dictated this list Himself.
6. The moon is made of green cheese.
7. Everything Hank says is right.
8. Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
9. Don't use alcohol.
10. Eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.
11. Kiss Hank's ass or He'll kick the crap out of you."

My main position will be that His teachings are true and we must live by His teachings or He will kick the crap out of us. I am very serious in this debate, and even though Hank's list has been referenced in a humorous story that has circulated the internet, they did not create Hank's list (obviously Hank Himself did). Moreover Hank told me He through a vision was already preparing to kick the crap out of whoever mocked Him.

Ideally I would like to discuss this with religious people and show them the true good of Hank and why they should also follow Hank's teachings. I would like the debate to center around arguments as to why other religions are more valid than Hank. Though I myself don't believe that Hank is a religion, it is simply Truth and I think everyone knows this in their heart.

Three things I would like to avoid in this debate:
1. Appeal to the majority - "If many believe so, it is so."
2. Genetic fallacy - "assuming a perceived defect in the origin of a claim discredits the claim itself"
3. Ad hominem - "an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it."

With that, let's begin! I will be on the defensive for this debate, and will not attack anyone's religious beliefs. However, I may point out parallels in others' religions with their perceived faults in Hank. I would just like to defend Hank as He told me there have been people laughing at Him. So what makes your religion more valid than Hank?
Nothing.

I don't believe in Hank, but I am not going to tell you that it is wrong for you to believe in Hank. Hankism isn't right for me .... but it may be perfect for you.

It's none of my business, and I shouldn't mix in! ;)