Any supporters of the Ancient Astronaut theory on this forum

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Nickman
Site Supporter

Any supporters of the Ancient Astronaut theory on this forum

Post #1

Post by Nickman »

I am curious if there are any Ancient Astronaut Theorists on this forum. I haven't seen any posts or threads, but I may have not searched far enough. I am intrigued by the theory mainly because of the Sumerians beliefs and the things they claim to have seen. Stories of Shems (rockets) and other flying machines (DIN.GIR). I consider this theory more plausible than the Abrahamic traditions and I see a retelling of the Sumerians stories in several books of the bible. I would definitely like to entertain this idea for a bit and see everyone's thoughts on this subject.

Some questions;

How do we explain the Sumerian's knowledge of planets outside of our view and that were not discovered until this past century?

The creation of the asteroid belt (Hammered Bracelet or Firmament from the bible) was said to be the result of our planet and some satellite planets colliding causing the water and rock from our planet to break away, freeze and pursue a new orbit. What comments do you have on this thoroughly explained and highly plausible scenario written 8 thousand years ago?

How do we explain the claims of rocketships and other spacecraft that resemble our modern equipment we use today by a supposedly primitive people?

Does anyone have any other awesome claims from them to add to the conversation?

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Re: Any supporters of the Ancient Astronaut theory on this f

Post #21

Post by LiamOS »

[color=indigo]Ankhhape[/color] wrote:
AkiThePirate wrote:
[color=orange]Ankhhape[/color] wrote:AkiThePirate, Sumerian mythology is thousands of years before anyone every even set foot on Greece :whistle:
I'm not sure if this is some level of humour I don't get, but this is lost on me.
Apparently an understanding of history is also lost on you. Sumer dates back to 3500 BC whereas ancient Greece dates back to 1100 BC

http://www.timelines.info/history/empir ... lisations/
I know that. What I was implicitly asking is:
Okay, what's your point?

How does the timeline of civilisations have anything to do with the planets? Why did you bother to make a point of which civilisation came first? Knowledge of history aside, you don't seem to be terribly good at the whole context thing.
Last edited by LiamOS on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #22

Post by LiamOS »

[color=green]Nickman[/color] wrote:Kind of like the gospels. The thing that catches the eye is their knowledge of planets we didn't know about until recently.
That's not showing knowledge; they took a guess at how many planets there are, and didn't even get it right. As I've said before, there are either 8 planets total, or more than 14, both being inconsistent with the argument you've put forth.
[color=indigo]Nickman[/color] wrote:But we are talking about things that we are actually seeing in our technology today not a hobbit or all seeing eye which I think does resemble the omnipresence of god. How silly is that?
This is just vague. Talking about 'flying machines' has no value. Things fly, so it's really not a stretch that somebody would think about building something to do that too. Why didn't they predict quantum mechanics, superconductors, Gauss' Theorem, or stellar evolution? If they were chatting with aliens, those matters would be trivial, and they'd be a pretty good indicator of an inconsistency in the civilisation. Drawings and talking of flying things is as trivial as the concept of the number 1, really.
[color=olive]Nickman[/color] wrote:We are talking about flying machines and some of these artifacts have been made to larger scale and flown without any modifications. These are not even Sumerian artifacts either.
Have you noticed the remarkable similarities between those and some birds or insects? Also, if there was alien intervention, why are their craft shaped like that? Asymetry is a sub-optimal design, which is a little disappointing from a race capable of travelling interstellar distances.

Ankhhape
Scholar

Post #23

Post by Ankhhape »

AkiThePirate wrote:
AkiThePirate wrote:
[color=orange]Ankhhape[/color] wrote:AkiThePirate, Sumerian mythology is thousands of years before anyone every even set foot on Greece :whistle:
I'm not sure if this is some level of humour I don't get, but this is lost on me.
Apparently an understanding of history is also lost on you. Sumer dates back to 3500 BC whereas ancient Greece dates back to 1100 BC

Okay, what's your point?

How does the timeline of civilisations have anything to do with the planets? Why did you bother to make a point of which civilisation came first? Knowledge of history aside, you don't seem to be terribly good at the whole context thing.
Oh, I thought it abundantly clear I was addressing your comments
Quote:
AkiThePirate wrote: Ankhhape wrote:
AkiThePirate, Sumerian mythology is thousands of years before anyone every even set foot on Greece Whistle

many which claim there were ancient astronauts. .. it is a fantasy. End of story.

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by LiamOS »

[color=olive]Ankhhape[/color] wrote:
[color=orange]AkiThePirate[/color] wrote:
AkiThePirate wrote:

Okay, what's your point?

Oh, I thought it abundantly clear I was addressing your comment
ny which claim there were ancient astronauts. .. it is a fantasy. End of story.
It really isn't. Firstly, the comment you enclosed there wasn't mine; your inability to distinguish individual posters really doesn't speak much of your attention to detail, and neither does anything else about your posts. Secondly, bringing up the timing of civilisation has nothing to do with the planets.
If that was all, I'd let it slide, but you actually seem to believe that you're making some kind of point about something than your ineptitude at debate, so I'd really like to know what (you think) it is...

Seriously, read over your reply here:
[color=red]Ankhhape[/color] wrote:
[color=green]AkiThePirate[/color] wrote:That's true only if one counts Pluto. Why would they only count Pluto, and not Eris, Makemake, Haumea or even Ceres and Vesta? I'd be extremely impressed if anybody could find some criterion for 'a planet' which places the Earth as the 7th from either direction, and consequently I dismiss this argument as an ad-hoc attempt to make some evidence fit
AkiThePirate, Sumerian mythology is thousands of years before anyone every even set foot on Greece :whistle:
What part of that has anything to do with what I'm talking about?

Ankhhape
Scholar

Post #25

Post by Ankhhape »

AkiThePirate wrote:
[color=olive]Ankhhape[/color] wrote:
[color=orange]AkiThePirate[/color] wrote:
AkiThePirate wrote:

Okay, what's your point?

Oh, I thought it abundantly clear I was addressing your comment
ny which claim there were ancient astronauts. .. it is a fantasy. End of story.
It really isn't. Firstly, the comment you enclosed there wasn't mine; your inability to distinguish individual posters really doesn't speak much of your attention to detail, and neither does anything else about your posts. Secondly, bringing up the timing of civilisation has nothing to do with the planets.
If that was all, I'd let it slide, but you actually seem to believe that you're making some kind of point about something than your ineptitude at debate, so I'd really like to know what (you think) it is...
You're right, the last quote wasn't you, but the other more impertinent quotes were.
Seriously, read over your reply here:
[color=red]Ankhhape[/color] wrote:
[color=green]AkiThePirate[/color] wrote:That's true only if one counts Pluto. Why would they only count Pluto, and not Eris, Makemake, Haumea or even Ceres and Vesta? I'd be extremely impressed if anybody could find some criterion for 'a planet' which places the Earth as the 7th from either direction, and consequently I dismiss this argument as an ad-hoc attempt to make some evidence fit
AkiThePirate, Sumerian mythology is thousands of years before anyone every even set foot on Greece :whistle:
What part of that has anything to do with what I'm talking about?
Ancient civilization's planetary concepts were always a bit way out. The ancient music field is full of mythologically fusing symbology with planets.

I never intended to comment on this, I was commenting on ancient astronaut findings and the dating of them.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #26

Post by Nickman »

AkiThePirate wrote:
[color=green]Nickman[/color] wrote:Kind of like the gospels. The thing that catches the eye is their knowledge of planets we didn't know about until recently.
Aki wrote:
That's not showing knowledge; they took a guess at how many planets there are, and didn't even get it right. As I've said before, there are either 8 planets total, or more than 14, both being inconsistent with the argument you've put forth.
There were 12 bodies in the immediate solar system according to the Sumerians sun included. Counting from their last one Pluto inward, earth was the seventh. The earth was the seventh body to them. This knowledge would have to come from an outside source.
[color=indigo]Nickman[/color] wrote:But we are talking about things that we are actually seeing in our technology today not a hobbit or all seeing eye which I think does resemble the omnipresence of god. How silly is that?
Aki wrote:
This is just vague. Talking about 'flying machines' has no value. Things fly, so it's really not a stretch that somebody would think about building something to do that too. Why didn't they predict quantum mechanics, superconductors, Gauss' Theorem, or stellar evolution? If they were chatting with aliens, those matters would be trivial, and they'd be a pretty good indicator of an inconsistency in the civilisation. Drawings and talking of flying things is as trivial as the concept of the number 1, really.
Of course it has value. We have ancient cultures depicting spacemen in suits and aircraft. Some of which are so intricate it begs the question.
[color=olive]Nickman[/color] wrote:We are talking about flying machines and some of these artifacts have been made to larger scale and flown without any modifications. These are not even Sumerian artifacts either.
Aki wrote:
Have you noticed the remarkable similarities between those and some birds or insects? Also, if there was alien intervention, why are their craft shaped like that? Asymetry is a sub-optimal design, which is a little disappointing from a race capable of travelling interstellar distances.
The Annunaki were said to be from Nibiru which has an elliptical orbit around the sun that takes 3600 years. When the planet gets to its paragree which is its closets point the Annunaki are able to make the trip to earth just as we do to the moon. I don't think these look like insects: