The witch of Endor

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Burninglight
Guru

The witch of Endor

Post #1

Post by Burninglight »

When the prophet Samuel told King Saul he lost his Kingdom because of his rebellion against God. He started taking matters into his own hands. After prophet Samuel's death he was troubled. He still wanted the prophet's blessing. So he went to the witch of Endor. The witch was afraid, because they put witches to death back then, but King Saul promised her protection. He wanted her to conjure up the prophet Samuel, and when she did, she totally freaked out when he showed up.
I couldn't understand why she freaked out nor could I understand why she was able to move the hand of God to allow the prophet of God to show up at her beckoning. I have an idea what happen, but I like to hear someone elses opinion as to what they think happened.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Sigh

Post #41

Post by Divine Insight »

Burninglight wrote: The Bible teaches love your enemies not torture and kill them. God is the one who judges; we are taught not to judge.
You are so focused on Jesus that you're basically in denial of "The Bible" as a whole.

Yet you use the the Bible as a whole to condemn various things yourself.

You've stated that "Witchcraft is a sin". Where does Jesus teach that?

Where does Jesus teach that homosexuality is a sin?

This is the hypocrisy of Christianity.

They hold Jesus up as an excuse to PASS JUDGEMENT on various things using the Old Testament to proclaim that it's the "Will of God". And then hypocritically pretend that they aren't doing this.

It teaches in "The Bible" that "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live!"

Exod.22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

A lot of people would take that to be a direct commandment from God since the Bible is supposed to be "The Word of God".

Jesus supposedly taught:

Matt.5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Take this and couple it back to the jots and tittle of Exodus and you've got a direct commandment by God that you are not so suffer a witch to live, and you have Jesus' seal of approval that this law shall in no way pass from law until heaven and earth pass.

~~~~

The bottom line Burninglight, is that everyone doesn't accept YOUR interpretations of these ancient fables.

And if these scriptures are supposed to be the "Word of God" why should people feel a need to turn to Burninglight for the correct interpretation of scriptures?

There's nowhere in the scriptures where it says, "In the year 2012 Burninglight will speak for God".

Your proclamation that "True Christianity" says that we shouldn't kill anyone because you say so.

In other words, all you are doing is holding up your personal interpretations of things as being "True Christianity" whilst renouncing all other views.

That's the biggest farce of all time.

In fact, that's precisely why Christianity is so utterly confused and has spit into thousands of factions. No two Christians can agree on what constitutes "True Christianity".

The term "True Christianity" is an utterly meaningless term because no such thing even exists.

All that exists are a bunch of individuals who all have different opinions on what they think Christianity should stand for.

Thus proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the religion itself has absolutely no concrete substance of its own.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #42

Post by Burninglight »

Divine Insight wrote:
Burninglight wrote: The Bible teaches love your enemies not torture and kill them. God is the one who judges; we are taught not to judge.
You are so focused on Jesus that you're basically in denial of "The Bible" as a whole.

They hold Jesus up as an excuse to PASS JUDGEMENT on various things using the Old Testament to proclaim that it's the "Will of God". And then hypocritically pretend that they aren't doing this.

A lot of people would take that to be a direct commandment from God since the Bible is supposed to be "The Word of God".

Jesus supposedly taught:

Matt.5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Take this and couple it back to the jots and tittle of Exodus and you've got a direct commandment by God that you are not so suffer a witch to live, and you have Jesus' seal of approval that this law shall in no way pass from law until heaven and earth pass.

~~~~

The bottom line Burninglight, is that everyone doesn't accept YOUR interpretations of these ancient fables.

And if these scriptures are supposed to be the "Word of God" why should people feel a need to turn to Burninglight for the correct interpretation of scriptures?

There's nowhere in the scriptures where it says, "In the year 2012 Burninglight will speak for God".

Your proclamation that "True Christianity" says that we shouldn't kill anyone because you say so.

In other words, all you are doing is holding up your personal interpretations of things as being "True Christianity" whilst renouncing all other views.

In fact, that's precisely why Christianity is so utterly confused and has spit into thousands of factions. No two Christians can agree on what constitutes "True Christianity".

The term "True Christianity" is an utterly meaningless term because no such thing even exists.

All that exists are a bunch of individuals who all have different opinions on what they think Christianity should stand for.

Thus proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the religion itself has absolutely no concrete substance of its own.
Yes, but you haven't addressed my points. You said you believe in God. Why is he powerless over the Hebrew God. Jesus comes out of Him. Look at what God says in Isaiah 44: Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
“I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
7 Who is like me? Let him proclaim it.[a]
Let him declare and set it before me,
since I appointed an ancient people.
Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen.
8 Fear not, nor be afraid;
have I not told you from of old and declared it?
And you are my witnesses!
Is there a God besides me?
There is no Rock; I know not any.�

Who is your God?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #43

Post by Divine Insight »

Burninglight wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:
Yes, but you haven't addressed my points. You said you believe in God. Why is he powerless over the Hebrew God. Jesus comes out of Him. Look at what God says in Isaiah 44: Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
“I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
7 Who is like me? Let him proclaim it.[a]
Let him declare and set it before me,
since I appointed an ancient people.
Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen.
8 Fear not, nor be afraid;
have I not told you from of old and declared it?
And you are my witnesses!
Is there a God besides me?
There is no Rock; I know not any.�
The very verse that you quote here reeks of having been written by a man who are attempting to convince his readers that he is speaking for some highly egotistical God.

If there truly is only one God, then why would that God be so jealous about other supposedly non-existent Gods?

These verses that you are posting here from the Bible reek of a culture that was attempting to create a religion that is clearly in competition with the religions and "gods" of other nations.
Burninglight wrote: Who is your God?
The only spiritual entity that exists. There is no other. Including you and me!

You ask, why this God is powerless over the Hebrew God. But where do you come up with that nonsense? Where does the Hebrew God have any power at all? The only thing we know about it are from these ancient fables that are riddled with inconsistencies, and outright absurdities that aren't even fitting for the character this God is suppose to have. Where is there any power in that?

Any God who would need to have a demigod son born through a virgin mortal woman and then be crucified by mortals before he could forgive them for their supposed constant refusal to obey him would already be the most pathetically powerless entity that ever existed.

Where is there any power in the God of the Hebrew mythology?

If fails miserably in every thing he tires to do. None of his violent low-mentality solutions have ever solved a problem. And according to these fables he loses the vast majority of souls that he creates to a demonic fallen angel.

Where is there any power in that?

~~~~

Moreover Burninglight this makes absolutely no sense at all when you apply it to the Canaanites. These people were supposed to have rejected God and refused to obey him. Yet the Biblical fables have them sacrificing their children to "The Gods".

Well, gee whiz, if they rejected God and refused to obey him why would they be sacrificing their children to a "God"? Wouldn't they just be telling that God to take a hike too?

The story of the Canaanites is where the Hebrews are caught red-handed in their lies. They're trying to pretend that if you worship some OTHER God that their God will get all peeved about it. But that truly makes no sense if there only exists ONE all-wise supreme being.

If the Canaanites had rejected the one living God and then turned around and started sacrificing their babies to some totally imagined God that doesn't even exist, what do you think that the ONE supposedly ALL-WISE God should do?

Should he just stupidly say, "Well those people are clearly insubordinate I'll just have them all killed?"

No, that would be utterly stupid.

A truly all-wise God would realize that the Canaanites are not understanding the situation they are in. The mere fact that they are worshiping an imagined God that doesn't even exist proves that they aren't understanding the truth of their situation and therefore God would have failed to have fully communicated with them properly.

A God who fails to communicate properly with the objects of his creation and then blames them for his failure would be an unruly demonic bully himself. And he certainly couldn't blame the objects of his creation for the misunderstanding, because he's the supposedly omniscient all-powerful being, not them!

So if there's any failure of communication is on his hands, not theirs.

~~~~~

What did Jesus ask of this God when he was hanging on the Cross?

Jesus asked, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do"

Well, duh?

If Jesus feels that not fully understanding what you are doing is fair reason for being forgiven then Jesus could not have had anything at all to do with the God of Abraham because according to the story of the Canaanites, the God of Abraham couldn't care less whether you understand what you are doing or not, he'll condemn you in any case.

~~~~~

There is such a vast difference between the moral values of Jesus and the moral values associated with the God of Abraham that they can't possibly have anything at all do to with each other.

The God of Abraham of the Hebrews was himself a fictitious God - necessarily so.

~~~~~~

It's impossible for an all-wise omniscient omnipotent God to be as stupid as the God of the Hebrews.

So that mythology has to be dismissed as fictional mythology.

It simply can't be true because the supposedly all-wise omniscient omnipotent God would need to be dumber than rocks in order for these fables to be true, and that's a blatant contradiction.

Therefore they necessarily have to be false.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #44

Post by Burninglight »

Divine Insight wrote:

Jesus supposedly taught:

~~~~

It is written in the Bible that God has written His laws on our hearts. This is one sign that God is alive and well and manifest Himself through the Bible. Just the fact that there are absolutes. For instance, people know that adultery is wrong or killing and stealing are wrong. No one had to teach them this.

If you violate your God given conscience you are breaking God's laws. Those that teach ways contrary to God's will are spreading a cancer on the human race that results in spiritual death which is much worse than physical death. If someone's ways are going against God's laws and teaching others to do the same wouldn't it be better if that person was removed than to cause others to be eternally lost?

This life is not all there is. No one considers, for instance, that God takes people's lives just to spare them of the evil to come. You are just bent on an adversarial view of God, yet God lets you live. I see mercy in that. I also know according to Scripture that God will not always strive with man. He that being often reproved and hardens his neck will be destroyed beyond remedy. People willing choose to be ignorant of God's ways and sear their own conscience.

You keep bringing up about Homosexuality. Are you a homosexual? People used to practice same sex relations in hidden silence, but how they come out of the closet and openly do it as they condemn those that don't support same sex marriage and relationships. If there were nothing wrong with it, they would never have had to have been discreet about it in the first place or the past. This is an an example of knowing something is wrong and rebellion against one's own conscience to the point that many people are now proud of their shame. Now and today this shame is imputed on those that do not support what violates their God given conscious. This is an example how sin spreads like cancer.

Don't you believe there are absolutes? Jesus said "As little leaven leavens the whole lump" God said do not be like a cow that needs to be led around with a bit and bridle. We are better than that or should be!

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #45

Post by Divine Insight »

Burninglight wrote: It is written in the Bible that God has written His laws on our hearts.
If there were any truth to that we wouldn't need religion, the Bible or Jesus.

Burninglight wrote: This is one sign that God is alive and well and manifest Himself through the Bible. Just the fact that there are absolutes. For instance, people know that adultery is wrong or killing and stealing are wrong. No one had to teach them this.
That's common sense even for ATHEISTS.

Besides, where is this leading? If the Biblical God is all about moral values, then why wouldn't it be simply good enough to be a moral person?

The Christians want to condemn you for merely not believing in their religion.
Burninglight wrote: If you violate your God given conscience you are breaking God's laws. Those that teach ways contrary to God's will are spreading a cancer on the human race that results in spiritual death which is much worse than physical death. If someone's ways are going against God's laws and teaching others to do the same wouldn't it be better if that person was removed than to cause others to be eternally lost?[/quote

Lost? Your assuming that this God is going to harm people who don't follow his laws.

Besides what are atheist's teaching anyone to do that's wrong?

What are Hindus, Buddhist, Taoists, Jews for that matter, or even Wiccans teaching anyone to do that is wrong.

Are you suggesting that all these people should be "removed" so that they don't cause others to be eternally lost?

Besides of you feel that this represents WISDOM, then why doesn't God just automatically remove the sinners himself rather than allowing them to continue to live among the rest of his children?

The FACT that the authors of the Bible commanded their readers to stone sinners to death is a dead give-away these fables were written by men. If an omnipotent God actually existed he wouldn't need to command men to do his killing for him.
Burninglight wrote: This life is not all there is. No one considers, for instance, that God takes people's lives just to spare them of the evil to come. You are just bent on an adversarial view of God, yet God lets you live. I see mercy in that.
I have no adversarial view toward and God. And if there exists a God who is supposedly all-wise he would KNOW that.

What I object to is a false religion that spreads male-chauvinism, religious bigotry, bigotry toward scientific knowledge and would favor the teaching of supersitious fables over true knowledge to our children. Not to mention spreading hatred and shame toward same-gender lovers.

I have an adversarial view of hatred, bigotry and ignorance. Especially when those things are falsely being held up in the name of a "God". That's the epitome of ignorance.

Burninglight wrote: I also know according to Scripture that God will not always strive with man. He that being often reproved and hardens his neck will be destroyed beyond remedy. People willing choose to be ignorant of God's ways and sear their own conscience.
And you "know this" because these fables proclaim it.

That's not impressive Burninglight. If you had as much faith in Greek mythology you'd just be claiming to "know" everything they claim about their Gods because they make those claims.

Burninglight wrote: You keep bringing up about Homosexuality. Are you a homosexual?
No I'm not. But I've met people who are, and there is no way in hell that they are merely "pretending" to be attracted to each other just for the purpose of disobeying and rebelling against some stupid God.

Do you think that's why people are homosexual? Just to spite God!

According to you they would need to "Know in their hearts" that what they are doing is WRONG. But the homosexual couples I've met are totally convinced that their love for each other is as pure and wholesome as it can be.

You'd have to believe that homosexual are intentional criminals who are out to break God's law no different from a murderer or a thief.

In fact, when you suggest that they are indeed breaking some God's law that's precisely what you're accusing them of. You're accusing them of being premeditated criminals who are fully aware that they are committing a crime of some sort.

That's hogwash. Love is not a crime. That's an oxymoron right there!

Homophobia is just yet another bigoted mentality of the ancient male-chauvinist Hebrews.
Burninglight wrote: People used to practice same sex relations in hidden silence, but how they come out of the closet and openly do it as they condemn those that don't support same sex marriage and relationships. If there were nothing wrong with it, they would never have had to have been discreet about it in the first place or the past. This is an an example of knowing something is wrong and rebellion against one's own conscience to the point that many people are now proud of their shame. Now and today this shame is imputed on those that do not support what violates their God given conscious. This is an example how sin spreads like cancer.
They used to hide in some cultures because society would condemn them, not some God. The Greeks were socially open about their homosexuality. They didn't feel a need to hide it.
Burninglight wrote: Don't you believe there are absolutes? Jesus said "As little leaven leavens the whole lump" God said do not be like a cow that needs to be led around with a bit and bridle. We are better than that or should be!
If there were "absolutes" associated with a jealous God, all those 'absolutes' would amount to would be that God's own personal opinions anyway.

And besides there can't be any absolutes. Just look around, not only has the Abrahamic religion become extremely fragmented but even people within those fragments can't agree with each other.

Do you honestly believe that all Muslims, and Jews are basically "Criminals" knowingly sinning against God by refusing to accept Jesus as the Son of God?

You'd have to believe that every Muslim and every Jew is an outright criminal blatantly rejecting God and purposefully doing what they "Know is wrong in their hearts".

That's baloney.

And how about you? Are you a Catholic who faithfully respects the Catholic Church as the "Body of Christ", and faithfully follows the teachings of the Pope as the divine Word of God?

Or are you yourself one of those independent protesting Protestant Heathens who have rebelled against the Body of Christ, and has rejected the Pope as the officially chosen spokesperson of God?

If you are you must "Know in your heart" that you are rebelling against God and choosing to go to hell rather than obey HIS CHURCH that IS, "The Body of Christ".

~~~~~

So how about it?

Are you a devout Catholic who worships Jesus through HIS CHURCH and follows the Word of God that is divinely inspired by God himself through the Catholic Pope?

Or are you yourself one of those Protesting Protestant Heathens?

Are you serious about wanting to talk about ABSOLUTES?

Or are you beginning to see how utterly absurd that very notion truly is?

If we accept your approach of "Absolutism" in terms of Christianity, then we had all better elect the Pope as the new KING of the world. And we had better all start worshiping the Catholic Church as the single ABSOLUTE "Body of Christ"

Of course, the Jews and Muslims wouldn't be interested in doing any of that because they are both ABSOLUTELY convinced that Jesus was not the messiah or "The Christ".

So your desire for absolutism isn't going to get very far anyway.

But you'd have to start by placing the Catholic Church on a absolute pedestal.

Otherwise which protesting denomination of Protestantism would you suggest we should treat at an ABSOLUTE?

Burninglight
Guru

Post #46

Post by Burninglight »

Divine Insight wrote:
Burninglight wrote: It is written in the Bible that God has written His laws on our hearts.
Divine Insight wrote:
If there were any truth to that we wouldn't need religion, the Bible or Jesus.
Well, we have no need for religion, but we need God's grace and our faith in Christ to live out those laws, but it is not just about following His laws either.

Burninglight wrote: This is one sign that God is alive and well and manifest Himself through the Bible. Just the fact that there are absolutes. For instance, people know that adultery is wrong or killing and stealing are wrong. No one had to teach them this.
Divine Insight wrote:
That's common sense even for ATHEISTS.

Besides, where is this leading? If the Biblical God is all about moral values, then why wouldn't it be simply good enough to be a moral person?
Common sense isn't so common, and it is not just about moral values.
Divine Insight wrote:
What Christians?
Burninglight wrote: If you violate your God given conscience you are breaking God's laws. Those that teach ways contrary to God's will are spreading a cancer on the human race that results in spiritual death which is much worse than physical death. If someone's ways are going against God's laws and teaching others to do the same wouldn't it be better if that person was removed than to cause others to be eternally lost?
Divine Insight wrote:
Lost? Your assuming that this God is going to harm people who don't follow his laws. Besides what are atheist's teaching anyone to do that's wrong?What are Hindus, Buddhist, Taoists, Jews for that matter, or even Wiccans teaching anyone to do that is wrong.

Are you suggesting that all these people should be "removed" so that they don't cause others to be eternally lost? Besides of you feel that this represents WISDOM, then why doesn't God just automatically remove the sinners himself rather than allowing them to continue to live among the rest of his children?
I have made no such assumptions or suggestions. IHMO, God doesn't harm people; they really do that to themselves. I don't judge them or anyone. Only God can judge. There are some men that are born with female tendencies. Who I am to judge this or that or say there is no love involved or lust! I don't believe God wants complaint automatons. We can choose our life style. Just because a man is attracted to another man that doesn't mean he has to act out with him, and no one can judge him for his tendencies or temptations. I wish I had a dollar for how many woman have attracted me.
Burninglight wrote: This life is not all there is. No one considers, for instance, that God takes people's lives just to spare them of the evil to come. You are just bent on an adversarial view of God, yet God lets you live. I see mercy in that.
Divine Insight wrote:
I have no adversarial view toward and God. And if there exists a God who is supposedly all-wise he would KNOW that.

What I object to is a false religion that spreads male-chauvinism, religious bigotry, bigotry toward scientific knowledge and would favor the teaching of supersitious fables over true knowledge to our children. Not to mention spreading hatred and shame toward same-gender lovers.

I have an adversarial view of hatred, bigotry and ignorance. Especially when those things are falsely being held up in the name of a "God". That's the epitome of ignorance. .
You do about the God of the Bible and I don't know who doesn't have a dislike for hatred, bigotry and ignorance?

Burninglight wrote: I also know according to Scripture that God will not always strive with man. He that being often reproved and hardens his neck will be destroyed beyond remedy. People willing choose to be ignorant of God's ways and sear their own conscience.
Divine Insight wrote:
And you "know this" because these fables proclaim it.

That's not impressive Burninglight. If you had as much faith in Greek mythology you'd just be claiming to "know" everything they claim about their Gods because they make those claims.
I am not trying to impress anyone
Divine Insight wrote:
And how about you? Are you a Catholic who faithfully respects the Catholic Church as the "Body of Christ", and faithfully follows the teachings of the Pope as the divine Word of God?

Or are you yourself one of those independent protesting Protestant Heathens who have rebelled against the Body of Christ, and has rejected the Pope as the officially chosen spokesperson of God?

If you are you must "Know in your heart" that you are rebelling against God and choosing to go to hell rather than obey HIS CHURCH that IS, "The Body of Christ".

~~~~~

So how about it?

Are you a devout Catholic who worships Jesus through HIS CHURCH and follows the Word of God that is divinely inspired by God himself through the Catholic Pope?

Or are you yourself one of those Protesting Protestant Heathens?

Are you serious about wanting to talk about ABSOLUTES?

Or are you beginning to see how utterly absurd that very notion truly is?

If we accept your approach of "Absolutism" in terms of Christianity, then we had all better elect the Pope as the new KING of the world. And we had better all start worshiping the Catholic Church as the single ABSOLUTE "Body of Christ"

Of course, the Jews and Muslims wouldn't be interested in doing any of that because they are both ABSOLUTELY convinced that Jesus was not the messiah or "The Christ".

So your desire for absolutism isn't going to get very far anyway.

But you'd have to start by placing the Catholic Church on a absolute pedestal.

Otherwise which protesting denomination of Protestantism would you suggest we should treat at an ABSOLUTE?
I was born and raised Catholic. I am a catholic in the true sense of the word which means universal. There is only one church regardless of the denominational tags people wear. If they go to hell, it burns off; in heaven, they fall off. Your point?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #47

Post by Divine Insight »

Burninglight wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:

What Christians?

Well, John for sure:

John.3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And it seems to me that this very point is basically what you've been driving at for how many days now?

You've been suggesting that people who don't believe in Jesus as "The Christ" are going to be condemned.

That's a religion my friend.

The religion is called "Christianity".

It's a religion that believes that Jesus was "The Christ" and proclaims that anyone who refuses to accept Jesus as "The Christ" is "rejecting God".

And that's all you've been suggesting ever since we've met on these forums.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #48

Post by Burninglight »

Divine Insight wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:

What Christians?

Well, John for sure:

John.3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And it seems to me that this very point is basically what you've been driving at for how many days now?

You've been suggesting that people who don't believe in Jesus as "The Christ" are going to be condemned.

That's a religion my friend.

The religion is called "Christianity".

It's a religion that believes that Jesus was "The Christ" and proclaims that anyone who refuses to accept Jesus as "The Christ" is "rejecting God".

And that's all you've been suggesting ever since we've met on these forums.
Now, you know the truth about me! So, do you think I am going to take your word over the gospel of John? I admit I am a sinner saved by God's grace, and I thank God for it.
So God is a hard task master in your eyes. Let's say your right. There is still wisdom meeting God on His terms. But Jesus said we should learn from Him. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. God has made it simple for us through Christ. It is your choice. I don't judge you now!

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #49

Post by Divine Insight »

Burninglight wrote: So God is a hard task master in your eyes.
This is where you are just revealing that you have never understood a word I've ever said. No, in my eyes God is not a hard task master. I don't accept that the Hebrew picture has anything to do with "God".

You keep acting like Hebrew mythology has something to do with God. Apparently it's going straight over your head that I do not accept the Hebrew folklore to be the "Word of God.
Burninglight wrote: Let's say your right. There is still wisdom meeting God on His terms.
What? If I'm right, it would be utterly foolish to meet the Hebrews on THEIR terms. You're still talking to me as if the Hebrew mythology has something to do with some actual God.
Burninglight wrote: But Jesus said we should learn from Him. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
The rumors about Jesus also have Jesus himself rebuking the teachings of the Torah (i.e. The teachings and commandments of the God of Abraham)

So as far as I'm concerned Jesus is with me on this one. Jesus himself didn't recognize the God of the Torah to be anymore more than mythological too.
Burninglight wrote: God has made it simple for us through Christ. It is your choice. I don't judge you now!
I do not believe that Jesus was "The Christ".

How many times do I need to say it before it finally sinks in?

And I might add that I'm no worse than a Jew, Muslism, Hindu, Buddhist, or any other "non-Christian" you can think of.

There are countless valid reasons why it makes no sense to believe the superstitious rumors that Jesus was "The Christ".

Here are just a few:

1. Jesus himself rebuked the teachings of the Torah and replaced them with wisdom more in line with what Buddha had taught.

It's far more likely that Jesus was a pantheistic-minded Jew who saw the wisdom in Mahayana Buddhism, than it is that he was the sacrificial lamb of some God who had a previous history of drowning out people who don't obey him.

2. The prophesies of a promised messiah in the Torah proclaim that God himself will hand the messiah the throne of King David to become ruler over the Jews.

That never happened to Jesus, not was there any indication even in these rumors that it would have ever been likely to happen.

3. Along the same lines as #1 but from the opposite perspective. It's simply makes no sense that an unchanging God would hate humanity so much to drown out sinners at one point in time, and then suddenly turn around and supposedly "sacrifice" his son to save man from sin because he "loves" us so much.

That's an oxymoron right there, and would require that God has a dramatic change in persona. But this God's persona is supposed to be stable and unchanging. If this God can change so dramatically how could he be trusted to remain stable? He would be an untrustworthy God in any case.

So the idea of Jesus being the "sacrificial lamb" of this God makes no sense. These rumors have to be false. (are you hearing what I'm saying? These superstitious rumors of Jesus have to be false)

4. Speaking of "sacrifices" what "sacrifice" would Jesus or God have made?

Jesus didn't die! On the contrary he was supposedly risen and ascended off to heaven to even become the eternal ruler there. What was "sacrificed"? According to these fables Jesus didn't make any sacrifice at all, save for perhaps the sacrifice of having been physically beaten and nailed to a pole.

But the "wages of sin is death" (not to be beaten and nailed to a pole)

So being beaten and nailed to a pole doesn't pay for sins.

Only spiritual death is the wages of sin. But Jesus didn't die spiritually in these fables. He was risen from the grave and ascended to Heaven, which is what's supposed to happen to good people, not sinners.

So these fables don't even make any sense at all.

5. When Jesus was accused of blaspheme for supposedly having said "I and the Father are One" (which is what a Mahayana Buddhist would hold to be true), his own defense was to point out that even in the Torah (which he referred to as the "Pharisee's Law"), it states "Have I not said, ye are gods?".

And that's precisely what I would expect a Buddhist to say in that situation. He's basically saying, "Hey man, everyone is God, that's how pantheism works". So it wouldn't have been wrong for anyone to say, "I and the Father are One".

This is what Buddhist basically mean when they say "Tat t'vam Asi". Meaning "You are that" (or in s spiritual setting, "You are God"). In other words, you are the spiritual entity that you seek.

~~~~~~~~~

So I have no reason whatsoever to believe the superstitious claims that Jesus was "The Christ'. And I have every reason to suspect that he was merely a misunderstood Jewish Buddhist who was simply grossly misunderstood and made into "The Christ" via superstitious speculation.

~~~~~~

So I'm not rejecting any God Burninglight.

I simply don't believe in the Hebrew folklore. None of it. I don't believe that the Old Testament had anything to do with any actual God anymore than Greek mythology had to do with an actual God.

And I don't buy into the superstitious that Jesus was "The Christ".

So once again, I try to get you to simply understand my position on things.

But what do you do?

You keep misunderstanding and insinuating that I'm somehow "rejecting an actual God that I see as being a hard taskmaster or some such nonsense".

No I don't. There is no such God to reject.

All I'm doing is rejecting Hebrew mythology as being just as absurd and merit-less as Greek mythology.

I'm not rejecting any "task master God".

But evidently you are incapable of understanding what I'm saying. I may as well be talking to my cat.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #50

Post by Burninglight »

Divine Insight wrote:
Burninglight wrote: So God is a hard task master in your eyes.
This is where you are just revealing that you have never understood a word I've ever said. No, in my eyes God is not a hard task master. I don't accept that the Hebrew picture has anything to do with "God".

You keep acting like Hebrew mythology has something to do with God. Apparently it's going straight over your head that I do not accept the Hebrew folklore to be the "Word of God.
Burninglight wrote: Let's say your right. There is still wisdom meeting God on His terms.
What? If I'm right, it would be utterly foolish to meet the Hebrews on THEIR terms. You're still talking to me as if the Hebrew mythology has something to do with some actual God.
Burninglight wrote: But Jesus said we should learn from Him. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
The rumors about Jesus also have Jesus himself rebuking the teachings of the Torah (i.e. The teachings and commandments of the God of Abraham)

So as far as I'm concerned Jesus is with me on this one. Jesus himself didn't recognize the God of the Torah to be anymore more than mythological too.
Burninglight wrote: God has made it simple for us through Christ. It is your choice. I don't judge you now!
I do not believe that Jesus was "The Christ".

How many times do I need to say it before it finally sinks in?

And I might add that I'm no worse than a Jew, Muslism, Hindu, Buddhist, or any other "non-Christian" you can think of.

There are countless valid reasons why it makes no sense to believe the superstitious rumors that Jesus was "The Christ".

Here are just a few:

1. Jesus himself rebuked the teachings of the Torah and replaced them with wisdom more in line with what Buddha had taught.

It's far more likely that Jesus was a pantheistic-minded Jew who saw the wisdom in Mahayana Buddhism, than it is that he was the sacrificial lamb of some God who had a previous history of drowning out people who don't obey him.

2. The prophesies of a promised messiah in the Torah proclaim that God himself will hand the messiah the throne of King David to become ruler over the Jews.

That never happened to Jesus, not was there any indication even in these rumors that it would have ever been likely to happen.

3. Along the same lines as #1 but from the opposite perspective. It's simply makes no sense that an unchanging God would hate humanity so much to drown out sinners at one point in time, and then suddenly turn around and supposedly "sacrifice" his son to save man from sin because he "loves" us so much.

That's an oxymoron right there, and would require that God has a dramatic change in persona. But this God's persona is supposed to be stable and unchanging. If this God can change so dramatically how could he be trusted to remain stable? He would be an untrustworthy God in any case.

So the idea of Jesus being the "sacrificial lamb" of this God makes no sense. These rumors have to be false. (are you hearing what I'm saying? These superstitious rumors of Jesus have to be false)

4. Speaking of "sacrifices" what "sacrifice" would Jesus or God have made?

Jesus didn't die! On the contrary he was supposedly risen and ascended off to heaven to even become the eternal ruler there. What was "sacrificed"? According to these fables Jesus didn't make any sacrifice at all, save for perhaps the sacrifice of having been physically beaten and nailed to a pole.

But the "wages of sin is death" (not to be beaten and nailed to a pole)

So being beaten and nailed to a pole doesn't pay for sins.

Only spiritual death is the wages of sin. But Jesus didn't die spiritually in these fables. He was risen from the grave and ascended to Heaven, which is what's supposed to happen to good people, not sinners.

So these fables don't even make any sense at all.

5. When Jesus was accused of blaspheme for supposedly having said "I and the Father are One" (which is what a Mahayana Buddhist would hold to be true), his own defense was to point out that even in the Torah (which he referred to as the "Pharisee's Law"), it states "Have I not said, ye are gods?".

And that's precisely what I would expect a Buddhist to say in that situation. He's basically saying, "Hey man, everyone is God, that's how pantheism works". So it wouldn't have been wrong for anyone to say, "I and the Father are One".

This is what Buddhist basically mean when they say "Tat t'vam Asi". Meaning "You are that" (or in s spiritual setting, "You are God"). In other words, you are the spiritual entity that you seek.

~~~~~~~~~

So I have no reason whatsoever to believe the superstitious claims that Jesus was "The Christ'. And I have every reason to suspect that he was merely a misunderstood Jewish Buddhist who was simply grossly misunderstood and made into "The Christ" via superstitious speculation.

~~~~~~

So I'm not rejecting any God Burninglight.

I simply don't believe in the Hebrew folklore. None of it. I don't believe that the Old Testament had anything to do with any actual God anymore than Greek mythology had to do with an actual God.

And I don't buy into the superstitious that Jesus was "The Christ".

So once again, I try to get you to simply understand my position on things.

But what do you do?

You keep misunderstanding and insinuating that I'm somehow "rejecting an actual God that I see as being a hard taskmaster or some such nonsense".

No I don't. There is no such God to reject.

All I'm doing is rejecting Hebrew mythology as being just as absurd and merit-less as Greek mythology.

I'm not rejecting any "task master God".

But evidently you are incapable of understanding what I'm saying. I may as well be talking to my cat.
You can quiz me if you think I don't understand exactly where you're coming from. I will pass the quiz and you cat won't be able to respond. You believe the Hebrew God is a hard task master, but you don't believe Him to be real, but you have somewhat of a problem friend. That is about 5 billion people in the world do, and that is better that 3/4 of the worlds population. Now that is almost like saying "I am okay; the whole world is crazy."
All those people can't be as dumb as your cat! :lol: