Similarities Between Christinaity and Islam

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

jessehove
Student

Similarities Between Christinaity and Islam

Post #1

Post by jessehove »

I believe that Christianity and Islam share in their understanding that the abuse
of Children always lives at the heart of Idolatry....

http://mercyandmessiah.blogspot.ca/2012 ... ldren.html

What do you think?

I also believe that while the Bible and Quran have been used to support violence and military invasion that can also be used to illuminate the peace and justice of God...

http://mercyandmessiah.blogspot.ca/2012 ... asion.html

What do you think?

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Similarities Between Christinaity and Islam

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

jessehove wrote: What do you think?
From the page you linked to:

"Leaders of man-made power structures will always be willing to exploit the most vulnerable people in society (ei: children and immigrants) for their own unquenchable desire for power and wealth."

This is the false premise upon which these false religions stand.

To begin with all leaders of man-made power structures are not focused on their own unquenchable desire for power and wealth. There are many examples in history of benevolent leaders who were clearly not lusting after personal power and wealth.

I think Barrack Obama as the President of the United States of America is a shinning example of a leader who is definitely not interested in his own desire for power and wealth but is indeed dedicated to helping the most vulnerable people in our society (i.e. children, immigrants, same-gender couples, the elderly and disables, the war veterans and even the most socially vulnerable of all, the same-gender couples)

So there's a very modern of a leader who is not exploiting anything due to some imagined unquenchable lust for power and wealth.

So these religions are founded upon fault premises to begin with.

They have miss-identified the root causes of various problems in the world. That is not to say that some leaders of some power structures are not corrupt and indecent. But the idea that this is a common trait of all leaders who will, "always be willing to exploit the most vulnerable people in society", is basically a religious lie.

Moreover, much of child abuse had nothing at all to do with someone wanting to seek power and wealth, but it often simply has to do with mental illness, or sexual perversion.

This whole idea that every man is lusting for power and wealth is a foundational lie of these religions. They prey on this lie to the point where they necessarily need to be accusing even innocent non-believers of being blinded by lust and greed if they fail to embrace and support the religion, which is more often than not a totally false accusation.

In fact, it's actually these religious institutions themselves that are lusting for religious power and wealth.

The Christians egotistically proclaim that Jesus is the only way to salvation. The Muslims egotistically proclaim that Muhammad is God's last prophet, etc. And both of these religions won't rest until their respective religion obtains the status of the highest POWER and WEALTH in terms of being.

They are the ones who are greedily seeking power and wealth for their religion and are prepared to exploit and/or abuse any vulnerable people who get in their way.

And if the whole world were finally converted to one of those two religions, then those two religions would then turn against each other in a great Holy War. They're basically already doing that now anyway.

And when one of those two religions should happen to win that Holy War, then the remaining religion would turn against itself.

In fact, we see this happening already, and it has been happening since the very dawn of the religion. In Islam we see the Shia and Sunnis fighting with each others views on Islam, not to mention the smaller extremist sects like the Taliban, etc.

In Christianity the Catholics and Protestants have hated each other for centuries. And the Protestants continually protest amongst themselves.

So even if one of these two religion, Christianity or Islam, should happen to finally win the Holy War, they will then just turn in on themselves and have another Holy War until a single sect makes the last stand and can finally proclaim, "We Win!"

And that's the ultimate goal of those who lust for power and wealth.

So its these religions themselves that are guilty of lusting for power and wealth more than any other man-made power structures.

jessehove
Student

Post #3

Post by jessehove »

In a sense I would agree that Christendom and Islam after the 4th rightly guided caliph did become institutionalized man-made power structures....but I do not think this is at the heart of their conception

And while I certainly prefer Obama over Romney Obama still supports indefinite detention (NDAA) Torture, Bank Bailouts, Drone Strikes, more wars, Genetically engineered food, False Flag Terrorism, Warrantless spying on citizens, and more money for Golden Sachs. So I would hardly say he is not influenced by the powerful and the wealthy that run society. If he truly had only other peoples interest at heart he would do some radically different things. The reality is he wanted the prestige that comes with being president again and is willing to compromise his values to do so.

jessehove
Student

Post #4

Post by jessehove »

Here is an example of how I think Christianity and Islam go wrong against the original truth that is revealed.....

http://mercyandmessiah.blogspot.ca/2012 ... wrong.html

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

As far as I can tell the Old Testament bible is simply history and not instruction to Christians in regards to violence. Yes the Israelites were commanded to violence but that is not a command for Christians today.

However my reading of Islam is that the Koran is prescriptive. All commands in the Koran, including those for violence exist as commands for Muslims today. Surah 9:5 being the prime example.

9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

jessehove
Student

Post #6

Post by jessehove »

The problem with your take of course is that just as in the Bible (Orthodox Christians should not support marcionite heresy) there are conflicting streams of peace and justice within the call to war.

Sura 5:28 demands that if one is attacked they should not fight back. While other passages argue for self-defense.... I discuss these exegetical issues in the both the Quran and the Bible in this article...

http://mercyandmessiah.blogspot.ca/2012 ... asion.html