If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
happy forever
Apprentice
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:55 am

If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #1

Post by happy forever »

The Quran is the book of Allah for all humanity, it's Ayats are mercy and guidance.
If you really read it, how didn't you believe in it?

User avatar
McCulloch
Site Supporter
Posts: 24068
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 9:10 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

happy forever wrote: The Quran is the book of Allah for all humanity, it's Ayats are mercy and guidance.
If you really read it, how didn't you believe in it?
How do you know that the Quran is from Allah? I've read an English translation and I was not impressed or awed in any way.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

happy forever
Apprentice
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:55 am

Re: If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #3

Post by happy forever »

McCulloch wrote:
happy forever wrote: The Quran is the book of Allah for all humanity, it's Ayats are mercy and guidance.
If you really read it, how didn't you believe in it?
How do you know that the Quran is from Allah? I've read an English translation and I was not impressed or awed in any way.
But this is not translation because Quran is impossible to be translated.
Unfortunately, I admit that Arabs lied on you with this very weak books which called quran translation.

I need to talk to nonArabs who read this books and tell me their impressions about them and what they find bad, ugly, trivial and evil.

User avatar
Atrax Robustus
Apprentice
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 am
Location: Home of Atrax robustus

Re: If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #4

Post by Atrax Robustus »

happy forever wrote: But this is not translation because Quran is impossible to be translated.
Does this mean then, that Allah is only able to communicate in classical Arabic?
I [would] take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day. - Douglas Adams

happy forever
Apprentice
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:55 am

Re: If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #5

Post by happy forever »

Atrax Robustus wrote:
happy forever wrote: But this is not translation because Quran is impossible to be translated.
Does this mean then, that Allah is only able to communicate in classical Arabic?
A question for aurging....

Study it if you want to read His book. Arabic is the only complete straight language, any other language is 'Agam which means "not clear or accurate".

Quran is the words of Allah and His words are miraculous, that's why it is impossible for humans to translate it.
Would you like to try?

User avatar
McCulloch
Site Supporter
Posts: 24068
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 9:10 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #6

Post by McCulloch »

happy forever wrote: But this is not translation because Quran is impossible to be translated.
The god that the Muslims present seems to be a strange and inefficient one. In order to properly understand his message, you must first learn one specific Central Semitic language. His message is so nuanced that it cannot be rendered accurately into any other human language. This god seems weak in contrast to the one presented by the Christians in Acts 1 and 2 where the message is translated for everyone to hear and understand. I've lived a half century without learning any Semitic languages. If I were to begin to learn this language now, I would not in my lifetime master it or be comfortable with it. Therefore you claim that for me understanding the message of your god will necessarily be limited for me. And, the one evidence that the Quran is a message from the god, will forever be beyond my ken.
happy forever wrote: Study it if you want to read His book. Arabic is the only complete straight language, any other language is 'Agam which means "not clear or accurate".
Arabic is a branch of the Central Semitic language group, which includes Aramaic, Ugaritic, and the Canaanite languages of Hebrew and Phoenician. I can find nothing by any linguist asserting that Arabic is unique or distinct from the thousands of other languages of humanity.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

A Troubled Man
Guru
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:24 am

Re: If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #7

Post by A Troubled Man »

happy forever wrote: The Quran is the book of Allah for all humanity, it's Ayats are mercy and guidance.
If you really read it, how didn't you believe in it?
happy forever wrote:
But this is not translation because Quran is impossible to be translated.
LOL. Anything can be translated from one language to another.

It's obvious that the Quran are the musings of Muhammad made to order in a time when the Arabs of Mecca needed a savior from the corruption and repression of rich merchants worshiping and praising over 300 various gods.

happy forever
Apprentice
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:55 am

Re: If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #8

Post by happy forever »

McCulloch wrote: This god seems weak in contrast to the one presented by the Christians in Acts 1 and 2 where the message is translated for everyone to hear and understand. I've lived a half century without learning any Semitic languages. If I were to begin to learn this language now, I would not in my lifetime master it or be comfortable with it. Therefore you claim that for me understanding the message of your god will necessarily be limited for me. And, the one evidence that the Quran is a message from the god, will forever be beyond my ken.
On the contrary, your god is not The God because all what you read are translations and your book (which is human made) is neglected and no one read or can understand proving that his message is not for all people but for those who wrote it.

The Quran can be interpreted using many words not a word to a word as in translation.

The message of Quran is simple to be understood by humanity because it is a book for Al Alameen (all creatures) only and that which is so great is that it can never be translated to any language even Arabic itself because Allah said that no one can produce the like of this Quran and even we Arabs cannot produce the like of an Ayah of it, how can we translate it using another language of we cannot use the same language to produce its like?!

If you'd like to understand Quran and to know its interpretation, you can use these books which called Quran translation but I advise you not to use them because they are full of wrong meanings.

User avatar
Goat
Site Supporter
Posts: 24870
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:09 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #9

Post by Goat »

happy forever wrote:
McCulloch wrote: This god seems weak in contrast to the one presented by the Christians in Acts 1 and 2 where the message is translated for everyone to hear and understand. I've lived a half century without learning any Semitic languages. If I were to begin to learn this language now, I would not in my lifetime master it or be comfortable with it. Therefore you claim that for me understanding the message of your god will necessarily be limited for me. And, the one evidence that the Quran is a message from the god, will forever be beyond my ken.
On the contrary, your god is not The God because all what you read are translations and your book (which is human made) is neglected and no one read or can understand proving that his message is not for all people but for those who wrote it.

The Quran can be interpreted using many words not a word to a word as in translation.

The message of Quran is simple to be understood by humanity because it is a book for Al Alameen (all creatures) only and that which is so great is that it can never be translated to any language even Arabic itself because Allah said that no one can produce the like of this Quran and even we Arabs cannot produce the like of an Ayah of it, how can we translate it using another language of we cannot use the same language to produce its like?!

If you'd like to understand Quran and to know its interpretation, you can use these books which called Quran translation but I advise you not to use them because they are full of wrong meanings.
Well.. I don't believe in the Quran, because it makes really unsupported claims, and some of the claims are JUST PLAIN not believable. I mean, Jinn and demons?? Really?? I have seen the way the 'scientific miracles' are argued too, and that is just plain crazy talk, from people who do not understand how the world works.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

User avatar
Atrax Robustus
Apprentice
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 am
Location: Home of Atrax robustus

Re: If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #10

Post by Atrax Robustus »

happy forever wrote:
Atrax Robustus wrote:
happy forever wrote: But this is not translation because Quran is impossible to be translated.
Does this mean then, that Allah is only able to communicate in classical Arabic?
A question for aurging....

Study it if you want to read His book. Arabic is the only complete straight language, any other language is 'Agam which means "not clear or accurate".

Quran is the words of Allah and His words are miraculous, that's why it is impossible for humans to translate it.
Would you like to try?
So - we are unqualified to comment on lunacy contained within the Quran because we aren't able to speak and read Arabic?

You have the temerity to come here telling us that the Quran conveys a message that is 'simple to be understood' by Al Alameen. Then, after telling us that Arabic is the only clear and accurate language and, by implication, the only language from which the Quran's message can be successfully understood, you then admit that Arabic speakers are unable to accurately translate this "message".

No wonder your imams and sheiks rely on the Hadith and Sunnah! It's apparent that they find it far too difficult to interpret anything that supports their power base from an epic poem.

I suggest that you get your argument straight or take your dawa elsewhere.
I [would] take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day. - Douglas Adams

Post Reply