If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

happy forever
Apprentice

If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #1

Post by happy forever »

The Quran is the book of Allah for all humanity, it's Ayats are mercy and guidance.
If you really read it, how didn't you believe in it?

Cephus
Prodigy

Post #11

Post by Cephus »

Because the Qu'ran, like the Bible, is fundamentally ridiculous?
Want to hear more? Check out my blog!
Watch my YouTube channel!
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

playhavock
Guru

Post #12

Post by playhavock »

Not read it yet. Will english do? Are there several versions like there are of the Christan Bible translation - what one is best? When was it writen, do you know the time and place location the writing was found? Who wrote it - do we know? What events are or are not colabrated by evidance?

happy forever
Apprentice

Re: If you read the Quran, why didn't you believe in it?

Post #13

Post by happy forever »

Atrax Robustus wrote:
happy forever wrote:
Atrax Robustus wrote:
happy forever wrote: But this is not translation because Quran is impossible to be translated.
Does this mean then, that Allah is only able to communicate in classical Arabic?
A question for aurging....

Study it if you want to read His book. Arabic is the only complete straight language, any other language is 'Agam which means "not clear or accurate".

Quran is the words of Allah and His words are miraculous, that's why it is impossible for humans to translate it.
Would you like to try?
So - we are unqualified to comment on lunacy contained within the Quran because we aren't able to speak and read Arabic?

You have the temerity to come here telling us that the Quran conveys a message that is 'simple to be understood' by Al Alameen. Then, after telling us that Arabic is the only clear and accurate language and, by implication, the only language from which the Quran's message can be successfully understood, you then admit that Arabic speakers are unable to accurately translate this "message".

No wonder your imams and sheiks rely on the Hadith and Sunnah! It's apparent that they find it far too difficult to interpret anything that supports their power base from an epic poem.

I suggest that you get your argument straight or take your dawa elsewhere.
No need for insult, you don't know Quran.

The Quran can be interpreted easily because it is clear but can never be translated.

Translation is to give a word to a word and a meaning to a meaning and this is impossible to happen with Quran because no one human in the world can produce the like of Quran. As for the interpretation, is easy to use many words in many lines to explain one small Ayah (verse) of two or three words only.

Most of Arabic words especially the words in Quran doesn't have its equal in any language but can be explained with many words. If some used one to one word claiming that it gives the equal meaning as happens in the false translation books, he is a liar and is deceiving you. I am a translator and can never be able to translate any Ayah even not easy to give the full meaning and explanation of one Ayah, the connection between words and between sentences and between proverbs, with Ayats themselves and Surahs also, all these have to be taken into consideration in interprating one Ayah in Quran.

This is Quran, the words of Allah, who can read it and doesn't believe in it?

happy forever
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by happy forever »

I don't have an imam or sheikh, and the Hadiths and Sunnah are available for everyone and can be translated easily and already translated if you like to read.

happy forever
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by happy forever »

playhavock wrote: Not read it yet. Will english do? Are there several versions like there are of the Christan Bible translation - what one is best? When was it writen, do you know the time and place location the writing was found? Who wrote it - do we know? What events are or are not colabrated by evidance?
You mean the false English translation? no don't read it.

If you mean English people, yes they can read it through transliteration, for the interpretation, you can read Ibn Kathir interpretation "Tafsir Ibn Kathir" or the simple Tafsir "AlTafsir AlMuiassar".

There are no versions, it is one book. Many printing press printing the same book, the same words everywhere all over the world.

It wasn't written, it was kept in hearts first. There was no writing found or needed because Quran was never lost.

I'll tell you the story.

Allah sent Muhammad the first revelation when he was 40. So Muhammad became a messenger at the age of 40 and the revelation from Allah to Muhammad through Jibril was through out the life of Muhammad from 40 to 63 till his death.

These revelations are the Ayats of Quran, once an Ayah is revealed, the messenger keeps it by heart and tells it to Muslims to keep it by heart.
Muhammad the messenger of Allah was illeterate and also most Arabs cannot read or write so the depended on their sharp very sharp memory Allahom except very little people who can write and they did write some Ayats on palm tree leaves, bones and stones.

After the death of the messenger, Islam was spread to include many different territories, countries for people of different accents and languages. In wars, many of the top people who have Quran in their hearts died and at that time, Abu Bakr AsSiddiq ordered to write Quran in one book and to copy it and distribute the copies to the territories because people there want to study Quran.

How did they write it? It was a very very hard job over the shoulder of the companion Zaid bin Thabit. He collected Quran from the hearts of men and from the written Surats which was in the house of Hafsa the wife of the messenger.

For each Ayah two witness men with the attendance of Muslims till they wrote the whole Quran with an exception of one Ayah which is written with one witness who was the only person remembering it. Muslims accepted his witness because the messenger of Allah said about him that his witness equals the witness of two men.

There are no found books which we claim to be the words of Allah. The words of Allah themselves are evidence because they are miraculous can never be produced by humans.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #16

Post by A Troubled Man »

happy forever wrote:
The Quran can be interpreted easily because it is clear but can never be translated.

Translation is to give a word to a word and a meaning to a meaning and this is impossible to happen with Quran because no one human in the world can produce the like of Quran.
I think we've found your problem, you don't know the definition of 'translation'.

Yes, the Quran and anything else can be translated from one language to another. It is the lamest of excuses to say it can't.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #17

Post by A Troubled Man »

happy forever wrote:
There are no found books which we claim to be the words of Allah. The words of Allah themselves are evidence because they are miraculous can never be produced by humans.
Sorry, but the words of the Quran are not miraculous at all and were produced by a human; Muhammad.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #18

Post by A Troubled Man »

happy forever wrote:
Most of Arabic words especially the words in Quran doesn't have its equal in any language but can be explained with many words. If some used one to one word claiming that it gives the equal meaning as happens in the false translation books, he is a liar and is deceiving you. I am a translator and can never be able to translate any Ayah even not easy to give the full meaning and explanation of one Ayah, the connection between words and between sentences and between proverbs, with Ayats themselves and Surahs also, all these have to be taken into consideration in interprating one Ayah in Quran.

This is Quran, the words of Allah, who can read it and doesn't believe in it?
Obviously, if a religion compels people to say such things that are clearly false, it has no value other than to cause conflict. Calling others liars and deceivers after propagating such nonsense is evidence of no morals or ethics contained within.

playhavock
Guru

Post #19

Post by playhavock »

happy forever wrote:
playhavock wrote: Not read it yet. Will english do? Are there several versions like there are of the Christan Bible translation - what one is best? When was it writen, do you know the time and place location the writing was found? Who wrote it - do we know? What events are or are not colabrated by evidance?
You mean the false English translation? no don't read it.

If you mean English people, yes they can read it through transliteration, for the interpretation, you can read Ibn Kathir interpretation "Tafsir Ibn Kathir" or the simple Tafsir "AlTafsir AlMuiassar".

There are no versions, it is one book. Many printing press printing the same book, the same words everywhere all over the world.

It wasn't written, it was kept in hearts first. There was no writing found or needed because Quran was never lost.

I'll tell you the story.

Allah sent Muhammad the first revelation when he was 40. So Muhammad became a messenger at the age of 40 and the revelation from Allah to Muhammad through Jibril was through out the life of Muhammad from 40 to 63 till his death.

These revelations are the Ayats of Quran, once an Ayah is revealed, the messenger keeps it by heart and tells it to Muslims to keep it by heart.
Muhammad the messenger of Allah was illeterate and also most Arabs cannot read or write so the depended on their sharp very sharp memory Allahom except very little people who can write and they did write some Ayats on palm tree leaves, bones and stones.

After the death of the messenger, Islam was spread to include many different territories, countries for people of different accents and languages. In wars, many of the top people who have Quran in their hearts died and at that time, Abu Bakr AsSiddiq ordered to write Quran in one book and to copy it and distribute the copies to the territories because people there want to study Quran.

How did they write it? It was a very very hard job over the shoulder of the companion Zaid bin Thabit. He collected Quran from the hearts of men and from the written Surats which was in the house of Hafsa the wife of the messenger.

For each Ayah two witness men with the attendance of Muslims till they wrote the whole Quran with an exception of one Ayah which is written with one witness who was the only person remembering it. Muslims accepted his witness because the messenger of Allah said about him that his witness equals the witness of two men.

Thanks for the story. Since you posted it in english, and told that no english translation is possible, only transliteration (same thing basicly) then, I guess your's is the latter. Given what you've posted as a short story, I now see no reasion to bother reading the Korran, thanks for saving me a ton of time.

Heres why I will not bother reading it now: Muhammad claims to recive a message from someone named Allah, addonaly, he (Muhammad) tells someone or someone else things that Muhammad is equal to two people - ah that magical number of two, the Mormans really like that idea as well, because two people are much more convincing then one - but whatever. Anyway this "message" is keeped "In the hearts" and by that I can only assume you meen subjective memory that can change over time, so the orginal message played the telephone game and there is no orginal writing, so we have zero idea what the first message was, at all.

So, basicly its nothing built upon nothing and more nothing. All trust in someone named Muhammad who, at this point I do not even know existed. Do we know where his bones are?

Also, I'd still like to know when the EARLYEST writing of the Koran was writen down by someone because that had to be a thing at some point, if that early writing matches with modern writing then you've at least done better then the Chirstans have in perserving the oldest text you have.

This whole "cant be translated" to english bit is very odd - I guess God is not powerfull enough to get its message into every languge possible? Why, one would almost think that it is said to be only readable in your languge due to tribalisem. Actualy, thats probley the explation.

So, yeah, good job, saved me a ton of time reading your made up myth, thanks :)

Atrax Robustus
Apprentice

Post #20

Post by Atrax Robustus »

happy forever wrote: No need for insult, you don't know Quran.
If you believe that I insulted you, then report the post. :roll:

There was no insult --- and you don't know that Allah exists. You're only parroting propoganda that you have not had the courage to question.
happy forever wrote:This is Quran, the words of Allah, who can read it and doesn't believe in it?
Ummm :-k People who don't believe that Allah exists? This includes non-muslims and non-believers who are native Arabic speakers and are very familiar with the compendium of poems that you have been indoctrinated to accept as a revealed miracle.

Then, of course, there are those non-Arabic speaking Christians, Jews, Hindus, <insert other religious labels here> - because they, like you, have been indoctrinated to believe the propoganda of their own culture without question?
I [would] take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day. - Douglas Adams