Misconceptions and Borrowed Concepts

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Burninglight
Guru

Misconceptions and Borrowed Concepts

Post #1

Post by Burninglight »

Did Allah and Muhammad understand the concept of the Christianity trinity and did Islam borrow the concept of heaven and hell from Christianity?

10CC
Banned
Banned

Post #41

Post by 10CC »

HaLi8993 wrote: @ Pazuzu
It strikes me as hilarious that a Muslim (HaLi8993) will deny that a Catholic who has practised his religion for 30 years (10CC) knows what he is talking about when it comes to his own religion.

He claims that “Catholics will deny they worship Mary, but who are we kidding�. Yet when faced with his own religion’s association of Muhammad to allah (“I never said Muslims claimed Muhammad was or is equal with Allah. I said they associate him with Allah in the second part of the shahada. Why do you deny the obvious?�) he denies it in strenuous terms!
What is even more hilarious is that after 30 years of practicing Christianity as a Catholic, Catholics cannot show me where their practices and beliefs can be found in their own scripture.

Whats even more hilarious is that you assume im a "he" when I am not, and that you cannot show or explain to me how the shahada is associating partners with God, wheras on the other hand I have given you countless explanations as to why praying to Mary along with other rituals are associating partners with God, not to mention how these practices are not part of the true teachings of Jesus (peace be upon him).

I would like you to attempt to explain to me how the shahada is associating partners with God. The only explanation I have received thus far is because they are in the same sentence, nice try!!!!, but not good enough. lol.
But of coutse you can show where the doctrine of sola scriptura is in the bible?
I'll tell you everything I've learned...................
and LOVE is all he said

-The Boy With The Moon and Star On His Head-Cat Stevens.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #42

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Pazuzu
How was I to know that when you take a username of a man? Hali being the name of Sultans back in the 13th Century CE, a male American Football player AND a male muslim poet?
You could of simply asked instead of assuming, its interesting that you mention this, I would like to know who these people are that you mention. It could simply mean that thats my nickname also.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #43

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ 10CC
But of coutse you can show where the doctrine of sola scriptura is in the bible?
No, that is the problem right there, you cannot prove Sola Scriptura in the current day bibles as you cannot prove this doctrine to be true, as the current day bibles do not contain any proof or evidence at all necessary for salvation.

10CC
Banned
Banned

Post #44

Post by 10CC »

HaLi8993 wrote: @ 10CC
No, that is the problem right there, you cannot prove Sola Scriptura in the current day bibles as you cannot prove this doctrine to be true, as the current day bibles do not contain any proof or evidence at all necessary for salvation.
What about the bible of antiquity that muhammad read?

Oh no he read the corrupted ones too, even though he couldn't read.

At what TIME in antiquity do muslims claim that the bible was not corrupted?

Simply there must be a time when the bible was not corrupted as muslims claim, when was that? :lol: :lol:

Oh and the same question for the Tanakh should be even more amusing. :blink: :confused2:
I'll tell you everything I've learned...................
and LOVE is all he said

-The Boy With The Moon and Star On His Head-Cat Stevens.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: Misconceptions and Borrowed Concepts

Post #45

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Burninglight wrote: Did Allah and Muhammad understand the concept of the Christianity trinity and did Islam borrow the concept of heaven and hell from Christianity?

Even YHVH, Jesus, Mary, the prophets and the 12 disciples did not believe, understand and accept the Trinity, please.
It is a weird concept borrowed by Paul from other nations and has no Truth in it.
Heaven and Hell already existed, so these are not inventions of Pauline-Christianity, please.
Right, please?

Regards