Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

lifeisboring
Student

Of faith

Post #1

Post by lifeisboring »

I was just curious about this.

In Islam, Muhammad (not too sure), just woke up and says he saw God, or Allah. He began preaching and soon many people were following him.

But how does the people know if he's lying or not? What were the chances that people would believe you if you just said you saw God?
Did God create humans, or did humans create God? :-k

God gives us the freedom of choosing what religion to believe in, and then sends prophets to convince us to believe in him. Strange, no? :eyebrow:

SeekingTheTruth
Student

Post #21

Post by SeekingTheTruth »

O Believers! Take not the Jews or Christians as friends. They are
but one another's friends. If any one of you takes them for his
friends, he surely is one of them! 5:56
Is that a quote from the Qaran?
What kind of G-d would decree something like this.
The G-d of Abraham?
Jews come from Abraham(Issac), Christians come from Abraham(Esau),
and Islam come form Abraham(Yishmael).
Are you trying to say that G-d decreed not for brothers to get along?

SeekingTheTruth
Student

Post #22

Is that a quote from the Qaran?
What kind of G-d would decree something like this.
The G-d of Abraham?
Jews come from Abraham(Issac), Christians come from Abraham(Esau),
and Islam come form Abraham(Yishmael).
Are you trying to say that G-d decreed not for brothers to get along?

unprofitable servant
Apprentice

of faith

Post #23

Post by unprofitable servant »

Seeking the truth....
It is true that these words are written in the Qu'ran,but it is not for the purpose of division, but rather to keep ALL from falling into corrupt teachings.

The Qu'ran warns us about the teachings such as the trinity and other things.

When
This is not to the muslims but to all who believe in the word of god.

SeekingTheTruth
Student

Post #24

It is true that these words are written in the Qu'ran,but it is not for the purpose of division, but rather to keep ALL from falling into corrupt teachings.

The Qu'ran warns us about the teachings such as the trinity and other things.

When Quote:

This is not to the muslims but to all who believe in the word of god.

Doesn't Muslims believe in the Torah that it is the word of God. Then why would Jewish teachings be a bad thing for them.

harvey1
Prodigy

Post #25

Post by harvey1 »

SeekingTheTruth wrote:Christians come from Abraham(Esau)
Just out of curiosity, where did you get that?

unprofitable servant
Apprentice

of faith

Post #26

Post by unprofitable servant »

[Seeking The Turth wrote:]Doesn't Muslims believe in the Torah that it is the word of God. Then why would Jewish teachings be a bad thing for them.[/quote]

The Spirit rehearsed to the prophet: "Say ye: "We believe in God and the revelation given to us and to Abraham,Ismail,Isaac,Jacob and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) the prophets from their Lord:We make no difference between one and another of them and we bow to God (in Islam)" Sur 2 :136(A. Yusef Ali)

What was revealed to Abraham(Abram) from God?
"Now the LORD had said unto Abram, "Get thee out of thy country and from thy kindred and from thy father's house unto a land that I will shew thee and I will make of thee a great nation and I will bless thee and make thy name great and thou shalt be a blessing and I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." Gn 12:1-3

There are those among Islam who consider the Jews as a blight on the land and that they should be destroyed off of it. Not all Islam is this way. But Do they agree with this in their hearts? do they rejoice when an act of terror is done in Israel?
'Fain would they deceive God and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves and realize (it) not!" s2:9 A. Yusef Ali
If then it was revealed to Abram " I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee " is the wWord of God believed, rather in the Qu'ran or in Torah?

God told Abraham: "And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy see after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee and to thy seed after thee" Gn17:7

The Spirit rehearsed to the prophet; "O ye Children of Israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you and fulfil your Covenant with Me as I fulfil My Covenant with you and fear none but Me' s2:40

But what is said among Islam but that the scripture is corrupt and only beleive in certain things despite the Spirit rehearsing to the prophet;
"Those who believe (in the Qur'an) and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures) and the christians and the Sabians- Any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness shall have their reward with their Lord on them shall be no fear nor shall they greive" s2:62

Therefore, Seeking the Truth, we must compare side by side the things written in both books to see who believes and who doesn't..

As Jesus said " Judge not according to the appearance but judge righteous judgment" jn7:24