Sharia Law - The examinations - Full transparency

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Sharia Law - The examinations - Full transparency

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

Sharia Law - The Specifications, please! What context?

As we speak of Sharia Law, I want proper context of a place that holds courts and police forces inside a modern nation. NOT from the impoverished of the mountains of Afghanistan! [Check GDP for them if you like.]

I have as a matter of fact a good copy of the Quran and Sharia is only mentioned one time in this English version of Sunnah Noble Quran.

Please, look it up yourself.

So what is the standing on Sharia Law in Turkey, Egypt, Iran, UAE and Kuwait, if not also Algeria, Saudi-Arabia etc.? You have the information?

In advance, thank you!

(This is a double posting so as to ensure it appears correctly to the readers, not that I condone human rights violations, that I do not!)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

More to the examinations. Sharia Laws look good in comp.

Post #2

Post by Aetixintro »

More to the examinations. Sharia Laws look good in comparison. Check this out, please.

Law of Moses (apart from the 10 Commandments) - Sharia Law
See also Moderate/Modern Christians to ((Turkey:) Moderate/Modern) Shia Muslims!

"Sources of sharia law"
"There are two sources of Sharia (understood as the divine law): the Quran and Sunnah. The Quran is viewed as the unalterable word of God. Much of the Quran exhorts Muslims to general moral values; only 80 verses of the Quran contain legal prescriptions.[63] The Sunnah is the life and example of the Islamic prophet Muhammad. The Sunnah's importance as a source of Sharia, is confirmed by several verses of the Quran (e.g. [Quran 33:21]).[64] The Sunnah is primarily contained in the hadith or reports of Muhammad's sayings, his actions, his tacit approval of actions and his demeanor. While there is only one Quran, there are many compilations of hadith, with the most authentic ones forming during the sahih period (850 to 915 CE). The six acclaimed Sunni collections were compiled by (in order of decreasing importance) Muhammad al-Bukhari, Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi, Al-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah. The collections by al-Bukhari and Muslim, regarded the most authentic, contain about 7,000 and 12,000 hadiths respectively (although the majority of entries are repetitions). The hadiths have been evaluated on authenticity, usually by determining the reliability of the narrators that transmitted them.[65] For Shias, the Sunnah may also include anecdotes The Twelve Imams.[66]

The process of interpreting the two primary sources of Islamic law is called fiqh (literally meaning "intelligence") or Islamic jurisprudence. While the above two sources are regarded as infallible, the fiqh standards may change in different contexts. Fiqh covers all aspects of law, including religious, civil, political, constitutional and procedural law.[67] Fiqh depends on 4 sources:[67]

* Interpretations of the Quran
* Interpretations of the Sunnah
* Ijma, consensus amongst scholars ("collective reasoning")
* Qiyas/Ijtihad analogical deduction ("individual reasoning")

Amongst the sources unique to fiqh, i.e. ijma and qiyas/ijtihad, the former is preferred.[67] In Shi'a jurisprudence the fourth source may be expanded to include formal logic (mantiq).[68] Historically the fiqh also came to include comparative law,[66] local customs (urf)[69] and laws motivated by public interest, so long as they were allowed by the above four sources.[69] Because of the involvement of human interpretation, the fiqh is considered fallible, and thus not a part of Sharia (although scholars categorize it as Islamic law).[67]

There exist five schools of thought of fiqh, all founded within the first four centuries of Islam. Four are Sunni Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i and Hanbali and one Shia: Ja'fari (followed by most Shia Muslims[70]) Many Islamic scholars today advocate renewed approaches to fiqh that don't necessarily follow the traditional five allegiances.[67] The Salafi movement attracts followers from various schools of fiqh, and is based on the Quran, Sunnah and the actions and sayings of the first three generations of Muslims.[71]

Although there are many different interpretations of Sharia, and differing perspectives on each interpretation, there is consensus among Muslims that sharia is a reflection of God's will for humankind. Sharia must therefore be, in its purest sense, perfect and unchanging.[72] The evolution or refinement of sharia is an effort to reflect God's will more perfectly.[73]"

"Topics of Islamic law include:"
"Hygiene and purification laws, including the manner of cleansing, either wudhu or ghusl.
Economic laws, including Zak�t, the annual almsgiving; Waqf, the religious endowment; the prohibition on interest or Riba; as well as inheritance laws.
Dietary laws including Dhabihah, or ritual slaughter.
Theological obligations, including the Hajj or pilgrimage, with its rituals such as Tawaf, Sa'yee and the Stoning of the Devil; salat, formal worship; Salat al-Janazah, the funeral prayer; and celebrating Eid al-Adha.
Marital jurisprudence, including Nikah, the marriage contract; and divorce, known as Khula if initiated by a woman.
Criminal jurisprudence, including Hudud, fixed punishments; Tazir, discretionary punishment; Qisas or retaliation; Diyya or blood money; and apostasy.
Military jurisprudence, including Jihad, offensive and defensive; Hudna or truce; and rules regarding prisoners of war.
Dress code, including hijab.
Other topics include customs and behaviour, slavery and the status of non-Muslims."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

Ours, of Christianity:
Please, read, from that point in time, Exodus and Leviticus, being exactly parallel to the Sharia Laws!
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Compares with, as Quran to the Bible:

Post #3

Post by Aetixintro »

Compares with, as Quran to the Bible:

Book of Leviticus
Structure
(See Gordon Wenham, "The Book of Leviticus", and Frank Gorman, "Divine presence and community")[6][7]
I. Laws on sacrifice (1:1–7:38)
A. Instructions for the laity on bringing offerings (1:1–6:7)
1–5. The types of offering: burnt, cereal, peace, purification, reparation (or sin) offerings (ch. 1–5)
B. Instructions for the priests (6:1–7:38)
1–6. The various offerings, with the addition of the priests' cereal offering (6:1–7:36)
7. Summary (7:37–38)
II. Institution of the priesthood (8:1–10:20)
A. Ordination of Aaron and his sons (ch.
B. Aaron makes the first sacrifices (ch. 9)
C. Judgement on Nadab and Abihu (ch. 10)
III. Uncleanliness and its treatment (11:1–16:24)
A. Unclean animals (ch. 11)
B. Uncleanliness caused by childbirth (ch. 12)
C. Unclean diseases (ch. 13)
D. Cleansing of diseases (ch. 14)
E. Unclean discharges (ch. 15)
F. Purification of the tabernacle from uncleanliness (ch. 16)
IV. Prescriptions for practical holiness (the Holiness Code (chs. 17–26)
A. Sacrifice and food (ch. 17)
B. Sexual behaviour (ch. 18)
C. Neighbourliness (ch.19)
D. Grave crimes (ch. 20)
E. Rules for priests (ch. 21)
F. Rules for eating sacrifices (ch. 22)
G. Festivals (ch.23)
H. Rules for the tabernacle (ch. 24:1–9)
I. Blasphemy (ch. 24:10–23)
J. Sabbatical and Jubilee years (ch. 25)
K. Exhortation to obey the law: blessing and curse (ch. 26)
V. Redemption of votive gifts (ch. 27)

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Testament and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Leviticus.

One simple example:
Leviticus 20:18
18 "If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people."
New International Version (NIV)

Finally, note on the Abrahamic Religions, Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Bahai.