Astrology

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

OpenYourEyes
Sage

Astrology

Post #1

Post by OpenYourEyes »

I used to be an avid reader of astrology because I liked reading about the different relationship compatibility and character traits for each zodiac sign. Eventhough it could not be proven to be accurate definitively, but I thought that my zodiac sign fit me so well that there had to be some validity to it. Now I'm a bit skeptical for the following reasons:

1. Although the zodiac descriptions for my sign matches me for the most part, but there are some people with the same zodiac sign where it doesn't fit them. So it would be biased to only go by the times that the zodiac signs fits someone while ignoring all the times that it doesn't especially since the latter would go towards validity.

2. I personally know someone who was born on May 29 so he's a Gemini. Gemini are supposed to be outgoing, extraverts, unstable ("spontaneous" may be a nicer way to put it :D ). Either way, my friend is the exact opposite of this.

My theory on astrology is that the traits that are described for personality and character usually go together as a package so-to-speak(based on experience). S of course, if one of the characteristics of say a Scorpio, is to be passionate, then you from experience you can come up with other traits that would be compatible with that and fit that into a common-sense personality/character package. My collection of personality/character traits just happens to fit my zodiac sign.

For debate:
1. Is astrology accurate when it comes to personality, character, etc.?

Haven
Guru

Post #2

Post by Haven »

No, it's total bunk. There's no evidence at all to show that it works, and any "similarities" are simply due to confirmation bias.
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥
♥ Kindness is the greatest adventure ♥

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Re: Astrology

Post #3

Post by Yahu »

OpenYourEyes wrote: I used to be an avid reader of astrology because I liked reading about the different relationship compatibility and character traits for each zodiac sign. Eventhough it could not be proven to be accurate definitively, but I thought that my zodiac sign fit me so well that there had to be some validity to it. Now I'm a bit skeptical for the following reasons:

1. Although the zodiac descriptions for my sign matches me for the most part, but there are some people with the same zodiac sign where it doesn't fit them. So it would be biased to only go by the times that the zodiac signs fits someone while ignoring all the times that it doesn't especially since the latter would go towards validity.

2. I personally know someone who was born on May 29 so he's a Gemini. Gemini are supposed to be outgoing, extraverts, unstable ("spontaneous" may be a nicer way to put it :D ). Either way, my friend is the exact opposite of this.

My theory on astrology is that the traits that are described for personality and character usually go together as a package so-to-speak(based on experience). S of course, if one of the characteristics of say a Scorpio, is to be passionate, then you from experience you can come up with other traits that would be compatible with that and fit that into a common-sense personality/character package. My collection of personality/character traits just happens to fit my zodiac sign.

For debate:
1. Is astrology accurate when it comes to personality, character, etc.?
Actually there is a lot more involved then just the sign you were born under.

Basically the principalities of the demonic realms work on a time sharing basis of who gets let out to influence the world. Granted other lesser spirits are let out at different shorter time intervals so it is a combination of what spirits think they get to influence your life.

Of course you can always reject those influences.

I had a detailed chart done for my birthday just for curiosity. It had some things right on.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Blastcat »

Yahu wrote: Basically the principalities of the demonic realms work on a time sharing basis of who gets let out to influence the world. Granted other lesser spirits are let out at different shorter time intervals so it is a combination of what spirits think they get to influence your life..
I wasn't' aware that the astrology theory had anything to do with spirits and demons.. I thought it was astral bodies. You know, like planets and so on...

I guess any rival superstition is viewed as "demonic" to some.

:D

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Yahu »

Blastcat wrote:
Yahu wrote: Basically the principalities of the demonic realms work on a time sharing basis of who gets let out to influence the world. Granted other lesser spirits are let out at different shorter time intervals so it is a combination of what spirits think they get to influence your life..
I wasn't' aware that the astrology theory had anything to do with spirits and demons.. I thought it was astral bodies. You know, like planets and so on...

I guess any rival superstition is viewed as "demonic" to some.

And what exactly are the planets named for? Jupiter, Venus, Mars, oh yeah, they are the names of pagan gods/goddesses. It was their celestial symbol in the heavens not that the planets themselves were gods.

The constellations are also symbols representing actual people long dead. For example the Pleiades.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 5 by Yahu]
Yahu wrote: And what exactly are the planets named for? Jupiter, Venus, Mars, oh yeah, they are the names of pagan gods/goddesses. It was their celestial symbol in the heavens not that the planets themselves were gods.

The constellations are also symbols representing actual people long dead. For example the Pleiades.
I don't see how naming planets after gods has anything to do with spirits and demons. The planets have interesting names, that's all. What astrology claims is that the position of certain celestial bodies on our birthday have an influence on our lives and can be used for divination. It's well known as a pseudo-science, debunked long ago. There's no need to be afraid of old superstitions.

I suppose people can just go ahead and believe whatever they like about anything at all... but others like to be more accurate about facts.

The link below provides a handy place to start learning some facts about astrology:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Yahu »

Blastcat wrote: [Replying to post 5 by Yahu]
Yahu wrote: And what exactly are the planets named for? Jupiter, Venus, Mars, oh yeah, they are the names of pagan gods/goddesses. It was their celestial symbol in the heavens not that the planets themselves were gods.

I don't see how naming planets after gods has anything to do with spirits and demons. The planets have interesting names, that's all. What astrology claims is that the position of certain celestial bodies on our birthday have an influence on our lives and can be used for divination. It's well known as a pseudo-science, debunked long ago. There's no need to be afraid of old superstitions.

I suppose people can just go ahead and believe whatever they like about anything at all... but others like to be more accurate about facts.

The link below provides a handy place to start learning some facts about astrology:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology

LoL, who said I was afraid of an old superstition? I don't fear the enemy realm but I do acknowledge their existence. I have to. I have personally been in conflict against a high priestess of one of those ancient pagan goddesses. She was a powerful witch. She was the one that explain the relationship between astrology and the spiritual realm. Before that, I never gave astrology any thought. I just assumed it was nonsense.

As to what the pagan gods have to do with spirits and demons, well what do you thing the pagan gods were? The one still active are the offspring of fallen angels that had children. The spirits of their dead offspring are the rulers of the demoni realms. They are 'evil spirits'.

There were two groups of angels that interacted with man and had offspring. The first time was before the flood of Noah. The primary purpose of the flood was to kill those Nephilim offspring and the angels that sinned were cast into prison. Peter calls that prison Tartarus, ie the Greek part of Hades that is the prison of the Titans which the Olympians helped lock up in the age before the golden age of the gods.

The second group that fell into error did so after the flood so their descendants didn't get totally wiped out. That period ended at the tower of Babel. It was the four angels that had guarded Eden pre-flood. The Greeks called them Zeus, Poseidon, Hades and Hera. Their children that were born on earth are the ancient pagan gods. They are all dead and just evil spirits that rule over the realm of the spirits of the dead. The Christian individual known as Lucifer was just a reference to the Greek god Apollo.

Demons are just evil spirits. They are powerful ghosts. The most powerful of those spirits are the ghosts of the offspring of the angels. Now the four angels that were the source of the post-flood Nephilim are locked up 'under the Euphrates' and get let back out during the time of the tribulation to interact with man again.

Astrology is just the study of which spirits are active in the world during what time period. They rotate on a time-sharing basis as directed by the time intervals associated with sungod worship, ie Apollo.

Witchcraft is the worship of those high level spirits to get low level spirits to serve the witch. Of course, you probably don't believe in witchcraft either but I bet you never had a coven out to kill you like I have. The high priestess of Ashtoreth I knew years ago knew exactly who and what her 'goddess' was. She was a very high level priestess, the apprentice to become the next worldwide high priestess. She told me her goddess was the daughter of one of the four angels bound under the Euphrates that ruled during the time of Babel as the queen mother of Nimrod. She was known by many different names by different cultures of the ancient world. She was Isis to the Egyptians, both Artemis and Aphrodite to the Greeks, Astarte/Ashtoreth/Easter to the middle east. She was Kali to the hindu. Her celestrial symbols are both the moon and Venus. The moon under her persona of Artemis and Venus under the persona of Aphrodite. They were just different aspects of differing times in her life that were split into two different individuals in the Greek religion. The Romans later identified her as the same individual under the name Diana Luciferah, the twin sister of Lucifer, ie Pheobus Apollo. BTW, Lucifer is a Latin epitaph of the sungod equivalent to Pheobus in the Greek.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 7 by Yahu]
Yahu wrote: LoL, who said I was afraid of an old superstition?
Yes, indeed, who?
Yahu wrote:I don't fear the enemy realm but I do acknowledge their existence. I have to. I have personally been in conflict against a high priestess of one of those ancient pagan goddesses.
Sorry to hear that.
Yahu wrote:As to what the pagan gods have to do with spirits and demons, well what do you thing the pagan gods were? The one still active are the offspring of fallen angels that had children. The spirits of their dead offspring are the rulers of the demoni realms. They are 'evil spirits'.
An interesting theory.
Thank you.
Yahu wrote:Astrology is just the study of which spirits are active in the world during what time period. They rotate on a time-sharing basis as directed by the time intervals associated with sungod worship, ie Apollo.
Thank you for telling us about what may be to some a very interesting theory.

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Yahu »

Blastcat wrote: Thank you for telling us about what may be to some a very interesting theory.

Yes, a theory to some but nonsense to most people. I would have considered it nonsense myself before my involvement with the high priestess of Ashtoreth.

I have a severe hatred for witchcraft due to those events. I lost my wife in that conflict. As a result I spent years studying what I was up against and trying to confirm in scripture evidence of what I was up against.

Just think of it this way, the 'wise men' that visited Yeshua birth did so because of the signs of divination from Astrology and prophecies of a coming king. It wasn't just the zodiac sign at His birth but the conjunctions of many things. The 'star of Bethlehem' was probably the conjunction of two planets and a major star, the 'king star' merging as 1 bright light making it the brightest 'star' in the sky. By computer calculations, there was a major conjunction about the correct time frame of Yeshua's birth. I think it was Jupiter and Venus with a star in the constellation of Leo followed by another conjunction in Virgo, the virgin. To someone studying astrology, that would have been a major event and scripture states that Yah uses signs in the heavens. It isn't any wonder that the forces of the enemy try to corrupt and use those same signs for themselves.

Of course anyone ignorant of spiritual forces wouldn't believe any of it. But then again, people don't believe the bizarre events that happened in my own life during my conflict against witchcraft. For example, that coven was trying to destroy my marriage and kill me. One of the things they did was cast a bunch of love spells in an attempt to get me involved with other women and destroy my marriage. They put a sterility curse on a female friend's husband and a love spell on her to me. I was then asked to be the surrogate father for all their children. I have a son by her. By the time I separated from the military, I had 5 girls pregnant at the same time and had been a polygamist with 2 wives and many others wanting to be my wives then lost it all. Those same women obsessed over me for years and several wanted me to marry them later in life when they lost their husbands to divorce or became widows after I lost my primary wife. I have never even met 4 of my sons though I have spoken to 3 of them on the phone. All four of my sons were named after me by their mothers in some way. Two carry my first and middle name. Another my first name and my surrogate son has my first name as his middle name.

So can you prove love spells were involved? No but you can see the circumstantial evidence of it. Can I prove some of the curses? No, but again there is a LOT of circumstantial evidence again. Was there any proof of their guilt in witchcraft? No, but over a hundred people were prosecuted for their criminal activities associated with attempts to destroy my marriage sabotage of a military aircraft to strand my wife, her being drugged, kidnapped, torquered and pregnant from the events.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by Blastcat »

Blastcat wrote: Thank you for telling us about what may be to some a very interesting theory.

Yahu wrote:Yes, a theory to some but nonsense to most people. I would have considered it nonsense myself before my involvement with the high priestess of Ashtoreth.
I don't think it's more nonsensical than any other supernatural belief. Yours is just a little less mainstream is all.
Yahu wrote:I have a severe hatred for witchcraft due to those events. I lost my wife in that conflict. As a result I spent years studying what I was up against and trying to confirm in scripture evidence of what I was up against.
You are up against weird beliefs. As for the "supernatural" causes for whatever happened, I don't think you can possibly hope to prove them, but good luck. I don't know how burying your head in some holy book is going to help you out to find proof of something that happened OUT of the stories in your book of choice.

But I suppose if you want to convince yourself of something, vague ancient texts that support all manner of superstitions should do the trick well enough.
Yahu wrote:Of course anyone ignorant of spiritual forces wouldn't believe any of it.
It's no good to say that people who don't believe your wild claims are ignorant. You would have to prove what you claim is TRUE. People are smart enough to figure out if your proof holds any water. So far, I see nothing that would even begin to convince me of your "witches".. or magic or whatever you want to call it.

I can plainly see that you believe it, though.
Yahu wrote:But then again, people don't believe the bizarre events that happened in my own life during my conflict against witchcraft.
Should we just take your word for it? But in any case, you would have to connect your weird events to something supernatural. The only connection you offer is your belief.
Yahu wrote:So can you prove love spells were involved? No but you can see the circumstantial evidence of it. Can I prove some of the curses? No, but again there is a LOT of circumstantial evidence again. Was there any proof of their guilt in witchcraft? No,
You said it. Was there any proof of witchcraft? NO.

I think we are done?

:)