Trying To Find The Truth

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

SeekingTheTruth
Student

Trying To Find The Truth

Post #1

Post by SeekingTheTruth »

I'm new in these forums, so I hope I am writing this correctly in its proper place.

I am looking into various religions (for now Christianity and Islam) to see where their beliefs came about, the validation of their sacred texts, and how they see, in a religious aspect, the rest of the world.
-Please give me some insight into these religions and Q&A's will evolve from there.
-Also. if anybody knows any contradictions or any mistakes in the Jewish religion, whether it be in Jewish text or practice, please ask me.

Thank you
I hope we, one day, find the ultimate truth.

Bro Dave
Sage

Re: Trying To Find The Truth

Post #2

Post by Bro Dave »

SeekingTheTruth wrote:I'm new in these forums, so I hope I am writing this correctly in its proper place.

I am looking into various religions (for now Christianity and Islam) to see where their beliefs came about, the validation of their sacred texts, and how they see, in a religious aspect, the rest of the world.
-Please give me some insight into these religions and Q&A's will evolve from there.
-Also. if anybody knows any contradictions or any mistakes in the Jewish religion, whether it be in Jewish text or practice, please ask me.

Thank you
I hope we, one day, find the ultimate truth.
Good to see someone truly seeking. I think you may find this site very informative in your search.

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p100.htm

Bro Dave

unprofitable servant
Apprentice

trying to find the truth

Post #3

Post by unprofitable servant »

I have a question, Seeking the Truth, why do the Jewish people,those residing in Jerusalem today, pray and bow before that wall(the wailing wall i think its called)? When this become a tradition among the Israel?

Another thing If you have read the Scriptures that we have, Do you see a significant loss of passages and words?

I ask this because in reading the translations that we have I can't help but to 'feel' as though somethings have been left out or changed.

Is the six books of the kings complete?
Where can I find the writings of Iddo and the other prophets mentioned in the books of the kings?

O.K so much for one Question

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Cathar1950 »

Did Michal have David's Children or not?
It says she didn't and it says she did. Look it up.
Why did David name some of his Children after Baal?
How come David is a Moabite yet King?
What does the Torah say about all of this?
I am just asking questions while I wait for dazzel. :yawn:
This was something I found interesting. It was fun to read.
However, there is also a striking difference between the two Isaiahs. The first Isaiah speaks about the special child Immanuel and about a descendant of David's father Jesse; he does not mention an anointed one. The Messiah is introduced by the second Isaiah, but Cyrus was certainly not a member of the house of David. However, these two themes were connected when in later centuries messianic speculation was renewed.
http://www.livius.org/men-mh/messiah/messiah_04.html

Bugmaster
Site Supporter

Re: Trying To Find The Truth

Post #5

Post by Bugmaster »

SeekingTheTruth wrote:I am looking into various religions (for now Christianity and Islam) to see where their beliefs came about, the validation of their sacred texts, and how they see, in a religious aspect, the rest of the world.
Check out Enuma Elish, the ancient Babylonian creation myth. A flood, a resurrection, prophets, it has it all !

truth

Post #6

Post by truth »

if u are searching for the truth the best i can advice u is to read the Holy quran with a proper translation( either Marmaduke Pickthall or Yusuf Ali) most of ure questions will be answered.

I can tell u what i know abt the Koran myself.The Holy Book was revealed to the Prophet Mohammad And to auntheticate his coming i will further like to tell u that his advent was told even in the Bible....you will see how Jesus in the Gospel of Barnabas had predicted his comming
72: Prophecy When Gospel is Annulled
Then said Andrew: 'Master tell us some sign, that we may know him.'
Jesus answered: 'He will not come in your time, but will come some years after you, when my gospel shall be annulled, in so much that there shall be scarcely thirty faithful. At that time God will have mercy on the world, and so he will send his messenger, over whose head will rest a white cloud, whereby he shall be known of one elect of God, and shall be by him manifested to the world. He shall come with great power against the ungodly, and shall destroy idolatry upon the earth. And it rejoiceth me because that through him our God shall be known and glorified and I shall be known to be true; and he will execute venegeance against those who shall say that I am more than man. Verily I say to you that the moon shall minister sleep to him in his boyhood, and when he shall be grown up he shall take her in his hands. Let the world beware of casting him out because he shall slay the idolaters, for many more were slain by Moses, the servant of God, and Joshua, who spared not the cities which they burnt, and slew the children; for to an old wound one applieth fire.

'He shall come with truth more clear than that of all the prophets, and shall reprove him who useth the world amiss. The towers of the city of our father shall greet one another for joy; and so when idolatry shall be seen to fall to the ground and confess me a man like other men, verily I say unto you the messenger of God shall be come.'
All moslims know that Muhammad had a cloud on his head so his shadow could not be cast....

Now et me simply ask u a question... what if u read something that we ppl have gotten to know just a few years ago....but the txt u read was in a book revealed to Muhammad and which the moslims call Koran....wouldnt u wonder that how a man who didnt even know how to read or write knew abt things in such detail that took our scientists to uncover in
decades.
here is an example.
we all know that at high altitudes air pressure decreases and the higher we go the tighter our chest becomes and it gets difficult in breathing.in oredr to survive we need oxygen to breathe.Now how did Muahmmad know this 1400 years ago?
the following text is taken from The Quran Surah 6,verse 125:

Those whom Allah (in His plan) willeth to guide,- He openeth their breast to Islam; those whom He willeth to leave straying,- He maketh their breast close and constricted, as if they had to climb up to the skies: thus doth Allah (heap) the penalty on those who refuse to believe.

There are many as such examples that i can give u but if u could read The Koran simply as a book and see for urself.

Also i will tell u one other exapmle to authenticate the Prophet Muhammad..see for urself

(Deuteronomy 18:18-19)
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require [it] of him."

It is also interesting to read the words of the Qur'an:
(The noble Qur'an, Al-Najm(53):3-4)
"Nor does he (Muhammad) speak of his own desire. It is but an Inspiration that is inspired [unto him]"

I hope the evidence i have given u leads u to the truth...