Isn’t No-God position an unreasonable position?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Isn’t No-God position an unreasonable position?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

God is attributive, neither physical nor a spirit, His attributes are found reflected everywhere in the Universe as positive verities in absolutes. Science deals in things that are physical and material. Therefore, the No-God position is unreasonable if not the most unreasonable position. Neither religion nor science supports the No-God position, please.

Regards

User avatar
wiploc
Guru
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:26 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Isn’t No-God position an unreasonable position?

Post #11

Post by wiploc »

paarsurrey1 wrote: God is attributive, neither physical nor a spirit, His attributes are found reflected everywhere in the Universe as positive verities in absolutes.
Is there any reason we should believe that word salad?

It is unscientific to make up a bunch of random claims.


Science deals in things that are physical and material.
Science is common sense writ large. This includes logic. Science gets to point out illogic wherever found.


Therefore, the No-God position is unreasonable if not the most unreasonable position.
Every god I'm familiar with is so absurd and implausible as to be presumptively false. In fact, I've come to think of that as a characteristic of gods.

Example:
Godlike: able to jump over tall buildings with a single bound.
Not godlike: able to jump over a fireplug with a single bound.

If you are able to jump tall buildings with a single bound, you presumptively don't exist.
If you can only jump fireplugs, you presumptively are not a god.

Now you claim that some god is neither physical nor spirit, but that his "attributes are found reflected everywhere as positive attributes in absolutes." If you were able to make sense out of that so that it became truth apt, how would you go about proving that it's true? Why should anybody believe that your god is reflected everywhere in the universe?

That seems the kind of claim that reasonable people would presume to be false, including scientists.


Neither religion nor science supports the No-God position, please.
Nonsense. Religion can support any position. Religion consists of making up claims and then saying they are true. If you want an example of a specific religion that claims gods don't exist, look at communism.

User avatar
McCulloch
Site Supporter
Posts: 24068
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 9:10 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Isn’t No-God position an unreasonable position?

Post #12

Post by McCulloch »

paarsurrey1 wrote:Is it acknowledgement that the "no-God" position- the position taken by Atheism, is not supported by Science? Nonetheless, the Truthful Religion also obviously rejects it with reasonable arguments.
Right, please?
It would be more accurate to say that the "yes-God" position is not supported by science.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

paarsurrey1
Sage
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:19 pm

~

Post #13

Post by paarsurrey1 »

It would be more accurate to say that the "yes-God" position is not supported by science.
more accurate
If "No-God" would have been more supported by science, then Atheism people would have been able to:

~quote from a text-book of science where science has supported Atheism
~quoted from a peer-reviewed article published in a science journal of repute that supports Atheism or "No-God" position
~specified the discipline of science that supports Atheism or "No-God" position

Anybody from Atheism people, please

Regards

User avatar
marco
Savant
Posts: 12314
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:15 pm
Location: Scotland
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Isn’t No-God position an unreasonable position?

Post #14

Post by marco »

paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 2 by McCulloch]
Neither religion nor science supports the No-God position.
Please give one's evidences from science supporting No-God position. Is there any?
Regards

Obviously religion doesn't support a no-God premise. And science does not concern itself with gods and ghosts and so it can hardly declare there is no god; nor can it say there is one.

For my own part I cannot say there is NO god, like "the fool in his heart." There may well be a humorous, good-natured, forgiving entity smiling at our doubts and ignorance. Why such an entity would not make itself known, beyond doubt, is a mystery.

But I am fairly sure there is no Yahweh and certainly no Allah. They are human absurdities, human fabrications, imperfectly made, and often reflecting the worst qualities in human beings.

User avatar
McCulloch
Site Supporter
Posts: 24068
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 9:10 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: ~

Post #15

Post by McCulloch »

[Replying to post 13 by paarsurrey1]
McCulloch wrote:It would be more accurate to say that the "yes-God" position is not supported by science.
Science looks at evidence. There is no scientifically valid evidence for the existence of God. Therefore it is fair to say that the "yes-God" position is not supported by science.
paarsurrey1 wrote:If "No-God" would have been more supported by science, then Atheism people would have been able to:

~quote from a text-book of science where science has supported Atheism
~quoted from a peer-reviewed article published in a science journal of repute that supports Atheism or "No-God" position
~specified the discipline of science that supports Atheism or "No-God" position

Anybody from Atheism people, please
Image
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

paarsurrey1
Sage
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: ~

Post #16

Post by paarsurrey1 »

McCulloch wrote: [Replying to post 13 by paarsurrey1]
McCulloch wrote:It would be more accurate to say that the "yes-God" position is not supported by science.
Science looks at evidence. There is no scientifically valid evidence for the existence of God. Therefore it is fair to say that the "yes-God" position is not supported by science.
paarsurrey1 wrote:If "No-God" would have been more supported by science, then Atheism people would have been able to:

~quote from a text-book of science where science has supported Atheism
~quoted from a peer-reviewed article published in a science journal of repute that supports Atheism or "No-God" position
~specified the discipline of science that supports Atheism or "No-God" position

Anybody from Atheism people, please
Image
If one has read the book "God- the failed hypothesis", then quote one argument, the best one in one's mind that has impressed one the most and it is reasonable. Will one, please?

Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Isn’t No-God position an unreasonable position?

Post #17

Post by paarsurrey1 »

McCulloch wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:God is attributive, neither physical nor a spirit, His attributes are found reflected everywhere in the Universe as positive verities in absolutes. Science deals in things that are physical and material. Therefore, the No-God position is unreasonable if not the most unreasonable position. Neither religion nor science supports the No-God position, please.
This description of what God is does not agree with the descriptions found in Tanakh (aka Old Testament), New Testament, Qu'ran, Book of Mormon, Urantia Book or Guru Granth Sahib.
I do find it odd that someone who identifies as ignostic would claim to know the meaning of the word God and castigate atheism on the basis of that definition.
However, I do agree with you that religion does not support the No-God position.
I do find it odd that someone who identifies as ignostic would claim to know the meaning of the word God
Sorry, I never identified myself as ignostic. I am an Ahmadiyya peaceful Muslim and I am happy to be as such as I believe Islam is the most truthful, peaceful and rational religion in the world.
Kindly correct oneself, in this connection, please. Right, please?
I am a member of the group here that is "Against discrimination of atheists" only because they are human beings like me, and nobody should discriminate against them in any form.
I believe that "Atheism" as an ideology or world-view along-with all its subsets is the weakest one.
I do note that Atheism has gained ground in the West against Pauline-Christianity only because it is mythical and therefor could not with stand. I believe that the Truthful Religion is confident that Atheism people could be convinced heart and soul with its reasonable and rational arguments if the Atheism people stick to reason as far as reason could go.

Regards

Post Reply