How many religions came from America?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

How many religions came from America?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is it evidence for or against religions if they came from America?

For instance Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses. Are there more? Scientology. Any more?

I would argue it is evidence against the religion because America has quite literally nothing the to do with the Bible. What other evidence flows from a religion coming from America?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

oldbadger
Guru

Re: How many religions came from America?

Post #211

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:59 pm From Moses on up until this very day, The Israelite religion teach, serve and worship the Abrahamic God= a single being God=YHWH(Jehovah)-- Thus when Jesus and every bible writer attended their places of worship were taught, served and worshipped a single being God=YHWH(Jehovah)--God did not change. Catholicism changed him in 381 at the council of Constantinople. Not by Gods will but by his adversary's will to mislead.
The Israelite religion does not acknowledge that Jesus was their God's son...yet you do. And you seem to acknowledge a Holy spirit. I don't see much difference then.
Question:- Do you uphold and believe in all the Laws of Moses? If you don't then I don't see your point in referring to the Israelites.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #212

Post by kjw47 »

Miles wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:14 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:08 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:09 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:04 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:35 am
kjw47 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:15 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:39 pm
kjw47 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:58 pm
Miles wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:08 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:43 pm

It isnt contradicting itself. I explained what occurred--The Fathers mentioned in Exodus were handing down the same false god worship and wicked practices to their sons, generation after generation.
"IT"?? Your god is now an it? I ask because in Exodus 20:5 it's god who is speaking and contradicting what he said in Ezekiel 18:20. Not some "it."

Exodus 20:1-5

20 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

And why do I say this ? Because all scripture is from god. Not some fictitious "Fathers" who were "handing down the same false god worship and wicked practices to their sons, generation after generation." To wit:

2 Timothy 3:16-17
"All Scripture is given by God. And all Scripture is useful for teaching and for showing people what is wrong in their lives. "

and

Proverbs 30:5-6
"Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar. "

Which means it is true that
The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father…” — Ezekiel 18:20 AS IS THE CONTRADICTION THAT "I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation…” — Exodus 20:5

OF COURSE, if you're implying that god was visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation because some fictitious Fathers were "handing down the same false god worship and wicked practices to their sons, generation after generation," then the "visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children" would hold true for all time because all Scripture is useful for teaching and for showing people what is wrong in their lives and that "Every word of God proves true. In which case “The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father…” would be in violation of god's word in Exodus, but is also scripture given by god that is true.

Ah, that god of yours. What a guy. He's got you commin' and goin'.;)

I was calling the written word-it, not God.
But weren't those words the words of god? Words he spoke to Moses, which Moses subsequently wrote down?

Are they not Scripture given by god, as explained in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is given by God. And all Scripture is useful for teaching and for showing people what is wrong in their lives"?

Other than not hearing them with your own two ears from god himself are they not what god wanted you to read and understand?

Much of the bible cannot be understood without being taught by the teachers Jesus appoints. Thatswhythere are over 30,000 differentreligions that claim to be christian= a laclk of understanding truth.
So, just who are these teachers, and how would we know they were appointed by Jesus? By their say-so, or do they carry a signed letter of authenticity of some sort?

The teachings of Jesus clearly point to them. Like this super important one that many see yet few understand--Matt 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking FIRST the kingdom and his (YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
Hallowed be thy( Father) name-YHWH(Jehovah)
John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus.
Nice, I guess, but I still want to know who these teachers are, and how we can know they were truly appointed by Jesus.

Its not to hard to see.
Then what is it you're seeing? What is it that identifies these teachers that are so necessary to understanding the Bible?

The most important thing is that they serve the Abrahamic God= a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah)--The one Jesus pointed all to-John 4:22-24
Because of your refusal to provide any of the information I asked for it's clear that you have none, and have been blowing smoke all along. ―Nice guy―

Have a good day anyway.

The teachings of Jesus prove it all. Its you who refuse to believe him=very sad.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #213

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:49 am
kjw47 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:56 pm
YHWH(Jehovah) yes.
Now you've added yet another title.
If your God is called Jehovah and you think that the devil guided other bible translators in to using other titles, why don't you just use 'Jehovah'?
Or is it that this doesn't really matter?

And you've mentioned before that you believe Jesus was the son of God, and I expect there is a Holy spirit as well, yet you criticise other churches for linking all three together?
No i critcize them for teaching God is a trinity. It is not truth. Those are misleading all serving the trinity into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. Not a wise place to be standing.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #214

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:54 am
kjw47 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:59 pm From Moses on up until this very day, The Israelite religion teach, serve and worship the Abrahamic God= a single being God=YHWH(Jehovah)-- Thus when Jesus and every bible writer attended their places of worship were taught, served and worshipped a single being God=YHWH(Jehovah)--God did not change. Catholicism changed him in 381 at the council of Constantinople. Not by Gods will but by his adversary's will to mislead.
The Israelite religion does not acknowledge that Jesus was their God's son...yet you do. And you seem to acknowledge a Holy spirit. I don't see much difference then.
Question:- Do you uphold and believe in all the Laws of Moses? If you don't then I don't see your point in referring to the Israelites.

Jesus brought a new covenant=Love, not written Law. In that Love Jesus spoke about, those hearts wouldnt consider stealing from their brothers, cheating on their mates, coveting their brothers things, etc,etc all the way down the line.
No Israel rejected Jesus and said his power came from demons-God cut them off of being his chosen-Matt 23:38

oldbadger
Guru

Post #215

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:43 pm
The teachings of Jesus prove it all. Its you who refuse to believe him=very sad.
You sent this to another, but I do need to say that Jesus was a very poor teacher.
Even his friends couldn't understand many of his messages.
He spoke in public but he was no teacher.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #216

Post by oldbadger »

A duplicate...........

oldbadger
Guru

Post #217

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:48 pm Jesus brought a new covenant=Love, not written Law. In that Love Jesus spoke about, those hearts wouldnt consider stealing from their brothers, cheating on their mates, coveting their brothers things, etc,etc all the way down the line.
No Israel rejected Jesus and said his power came from demons-God cut them off of being his chosen-Matt 23:38
JWs quote written laws out of Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy...all the time!
In a land where JWs would be the majority then they would form a government with legislation from these books.

I once asked a JW if, in a JW world, they would still stone a woman for adultery, and he answered 'No! Definitely not; he thought that they would probably use some injection'......... Oh yes.... in a JW World controlled by JWs, the written laws would be used.

What do you say to that?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #218

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:25 am
kjw47 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:43 pm
You sent this to another, but I do need to say that Jesus was a very poor teacher.
Even his friends couldn't understand many of his messages.
He spoke in public but he was no teacher.

He actually was a great teacher. Some things werent meant to be understood until these last days. It kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness so he couldnt screw it all up like he tried through the religion that came out of Rome.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #219

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:35 am
kjw47 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:48 pm Jesus brought a new covenant=Love, not written Law. In that Love Jesus spoke about, those hearts wouldnt consider stealing from their brothers, cheating on their mates, coveting their brothers things, etc,etc all the way down the line.
JWs quote written laws out of Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy...all the time!
In a land where JWs would be the majority then they would form a government with legislation from these books.

I once asked a JW if, in a JW world, they would still stone a woman for adultery, and he answered 'No! Definitely not; he thought that they would probably use some injection'......... Oh yes.... in a JW World controlled by JWs, the written laws would be used.

What do you say to that?

No the written laws would not be used. God appointed Jesus as judge.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #220

Post by oldbadger »

No...... I don't think so, kjw47. Why would you keep Leviticus and Deuteronomy in your bible if it is of no use to you?
I'm sure that JWs quote those laws and so don't understand how a complete redaction of them can be true.

Jesus insisted that he would not rest until every one of the old laws was being upheld, if you need me to show this then of course I will. I think he was furious with the hypocritical High class Temple Priesthood who had discarded so many of them, especially those poor laws which ensured provision for everybody.