How many religions came from America?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

How many religions came from America?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is it evidence for or against religions if they came from America?

For instance Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses. Are there more? Scientology. Any more?

I would argue it is evidence against the religion because America has quite literally nothing the to do with the Bible. What other evidence flows from a religion coming from America?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

oldbadger
Guru

Re: How many religions came from America?

Post #261

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 pm Thats right, JW,s dont control themselves either, Jesus is head of the congregation. Its Gods kingdom rule that will rule over all creation.
Fornication= sex out of marriage Eph 5:5 says fornicators will have no part in the kingdom of God or Jesus. Rev 21:8--fornicators will go into the lake of fire.
Now that's a problem...... Paul's ideas could be what drives a country ruled by WatchTower, I think. That Paul wasn't the least bit interested in anything that Jesus said or did, he never wrote a line about any of it apart from the last meal and death. Jesus never ranted on about such things, and I reckon that Magdalene was his love and first disciple.

More people need to understand that a majority of JWs in a country could bring those lakes of fire in to being. Freedom about who and how we love should be everywhere, but sadly the Watchtower, Bahai, Islam and some other religions want to push down such freedoms.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #262

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:52 am
kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:31 pm Thats right, JW,s dont control themselves either, Jesus is head of the congregation. Its Gods kingdom rule that will rule over all creation.
Fornication= sex out of marriage Eph 5:5 says fornicators will have no part in the kingdom of God or Jesus. Rev 21:8--fornicators will go into the lake of fire.
Now that's a problem...... Paul's ideas could be what drives a country ruled by WatchTower, I think. That Paul wasn't the least bit interested in anything that Jesus said or did, he never wrote a line about any of it apart from the last meal and death. Jesus never ranted on about such things, and I reckon that Magdalene was his love and first disciple.

More people need to understand that a majority of JWs in a country could bring those lakes of fire in to being. Freedom about who and how we love should be everywhere, but sadly the Watchtower, Bahai, Islam and some other religions want to push down such freedoms.

JW,s have no say who will go into the lake of fire, God has already shown who will. There is no freedom of religion with God, he condemns it all through the bible. Jesus taught there is a single path, one must enter through the narrow gate--He said Few would.
Paul taught truth. God put his writings in his bible because he did.
There will never be a country ruled by watchtower. God is the ruler of all creation.

Your ideas are pure darkness.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #263

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:49 pm JW,s have no say who will go into the lake of fire, God has already shown who will. There is no freedom of religion with God, he condemns it all through the bible. Jesus taught there is a single path, one must enter through the narrow gate--He said Few would.
Jesus was referring to humans grasping wealth and riches and ignoring the old laws, especuially the poor laws. Have you read the poor laws?
Mark {10:25} It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Matthew {7:7} Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: {7:8} For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. {7:9} Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? {7:10} Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? {7:11} If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? {7:12} Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Are you sure you're doing everyything right, and all around you in the wrong?

There will never be a country ruled by watchtower. God is the ruler of all creation.
Paul didn't teach a word about Jesus, save for the last meal and day.
And 'yes', I'm sure that there will never be a land controlled by watchtower as well.
Don't forget....Mother Nature is the ruler here, you follow her every command, same as me.
Not as dark as a country if ruled by WatchTower, kjw, that would be a dark place for all.

And you're still calling your Jehovah 'God'........ strange?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #264

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:34 am
kjw47 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:49 pm JW,s have no say who will go into the lake of fire, God has already shown who will. There is no freedom of religion with God, he condemns it all through the bible. Jesus taught there is a single path, one must enter through the narrow gate--He said Few would.
Jesus was referring to humans grasping wealth and riches and ignoring the old laws, especuially the poor laws. Have you read the poor laws?
Mark {10:25} It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Matthew {7:7} Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: {7:8} For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. {7:9} Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? {7:10} Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? {7:11} If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? {7:12} Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Are you sure you're doing everyything right, and all around you in the wrong?

Paul didn't teach a word about Jesus, save for the last meal and day.
And 'yes', I'm sure that there will never be a land controlled by watchtower as well.
Don't forget....Mother Nature is the ruler here, you follow her every command, same as me.

Not as dark as a country if ruled by WatchTower, kjw, that would be a dark place for all.

And you're still calling your Jehovah 'God'........ strange?

I would be sad to go through this life as blind as you. You will find out. God said in Ezekial about 20x-- They will have to know, i am YHWH(Jehovah) --- you will. Best to see now than at that point.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #265

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:52 pm I would be sad to go through this life as blind as you. You will find out. God said in Ezekial about 20x-- They will have to know, i am YHWH(Jehovah) --- you will. Best to see now than at that point.
....but you ignore that spelling, of God, and despite your words you don't call him Jehovah either.

The all powerful guv'nor and force anywhere around here is what I call Mother-Nature. We all have to obey her commands and just like me you will have to bend down upon a loo this very day, just as I will. Nature's our boss, kjw47.

But since I don't believe in a devil, nor demons (!), nor your eternal torture in lakes of fire I will live for today, gain as much from today as I can, and since I was dead for countless billions of years before this life I shall not worry about that condition.

I don't mind JWs; the ones around here don't threaten people with lakes of fire, they explain that all will lay where they were placed and that JWs will rise up to live on......that's totally different to your threats and so I cannot be sure that you truly are a JW. They know their bibles and gospels, as well.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #266

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:33 am
kjw47 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:52 pm I would be sad to go through this life as blind as you. You will find out. God said in Ezekial about 20x-- They will have to know, i am YHWH(Jehovah) --- you will. Best to see now than at that point.
....but you ignore that spelling, of God, and despite your words you don't call him Jehovah either.

The all powerful guv'nor and force anywhere around here is what I call Mother-Nature. We all have to obey her commands and just like me you will have to bend down upon a loo this very day, just as I will. Nature's our boss, kjw47.

But since I don't believe in a devil, nor demons (!), nor your eternal torture in lakes of fire I will live for today, gain as much from today as I can, and since I was dead for countless billions of years before this life I shall not worry about that condition.

I don't mind JWs; the ones around here don't threaten people with lakes of fire, they explain that all will lay where they were placed and that JWs will rise up to live on......that's totally different to your threats and so I cannot be sure that you truly are a JW. They know their bibles and gospels, as well.

You must have missed- Rev 20:15--The JW,s havent-not one of them. Its not JW,s who wrote the bible, God did.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #267

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:59 pm You must have missed- Rev 20:15--The JW,s havent-not one of them. Its not JW,s who wrote the bible, God did.
That's the thing......... nearly all the stuff that you quote didn't come from Jesus at all. All those demands and threats come from such as Paul and the authors of G-John and Rev, and none of these people ever knew Jesus in life.

The authors of G-John did have a bunch of accounts and anecdotes and Jesus, mostly true.... passed down through traditions and memories, but you don't really believe that the author was the boatman John, do you? And the author of Rev is said to have lived upon the prison island of Patmos where (I have read) hallucinogenic mushrooms grow wild.

All these threats and dark murmurs from you don't fit with the average Jehovah's Witness. I begin to think that you are not one. I've heard that some folks pose as JWs on the media to discredit JWs....... are you one of those?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #268

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:29 am
kjw47 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:59 pm You must have missed- Rev 20:15--The JW,s havent-not one of them. Its not JW,s who wrote the bible, God did.
That's the thing......... nearly all the stuff that you quote didn't come from Jesus at all. All those demands and threats come from such as Paul and the authors of G-John and Rev, and none of these people ever knew Jesus in life.

The authors of G-John did have a bunch of accounts and anecdotes and Jesus, mostly true.... passed down through traditions and memories, but you don't really believe that the author was the boatman John, do you? And the author of Rev is said to have lived upon the prison island of Patmos where (I have read) hallucinogenic mushrooms grow wild.

All these threats and dark murmurs from you don't fit with the average Jehovah's Witness. I begin to think that you are not one. I've heard that some folks pose as JWs on the media to discredit JWs....... are you one of those?
God used Pauls writings in the bible, because God inspired the words through him. You are nuts thinking i am not a JW. This is formal witnessing. i tell it like it is. There is no more time to beat around the bush, the door to the ark is closing. My teachers say-all who die at Armageddon will not get resurrected, they are getting their chance now since truth has become abundant. But as Jesus showed-he compared these last days to Noahs day( 99.9% mislead then) about 99% now.
In your own words did Jesus show you about the magic mushrooms? No. men who were not there said it. But you believe the darkness to fit your false reasonings.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #269

Post by oldbadger »

kjw47 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:19 pm God used Pauls writings in the bible, because God inspired the words through him. You are nuts thinking i am not a JW. This is formal witnessing.
All those who disagree with you........ do you think they are all nuts?
You still call your God 'God'......... not Jehovah.

Look, I don't mind if you are a JW or not, OK? There are so many different religions in this World, a few like yours believe that only you will get to some after-life and think that all others are wrong....I think that's just sad.

But I don't believe that God made a whole universe (and probably more beyond) with just mankind in mind....that's just weird, IMO.
And I don't believe that after eons of time he particularly wanted to communicate with humans, or that we look like him.

I don't believe in your devil, nor your demons, nor your angels, come to that. And Paul built up those churches with others without ever knowing in intimate detail any of the things that Jesus had said or done, and since none of his churches had ever read about them all either since no gospels had been written during his life, the whole thing looks very strange indeed. Nuts, maybe?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #270

Post by kjw47 »

oldbadger wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:17 am
kjw47 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:19 pm God used Pauls writings in the bible, because God inspired the words through him. You are nuts thinking i am not a JW. This is formal witnessing.
All those who disagree with you........ do you think they are all nuts?
You still call your God 'God'......... not Jehovah.

Look, I don't mind if you are a JW or not, OK? There are so many different religions in this World, a few like yours believe that only you will get to some after-life and think that all others are wrong....I think that's just sad.

But I don't believe that God made a whole universe (and probably more beyond) with just mankind in mind....that's just weird, IMO.
And I don't believe that after eons of time he particularly wanted to communicate with humans, or that we look like him.

I don't believe in your devil, nor your demons, nor your angels, come to that. And Paul built up those churches with others without ever knowing in intimate detail any of the things that Jesus had said or done, and since none of his churches had ever read about them all either since no gospels had been written during his life, the whole thing looks very strange indeed. Nuts, maybe?

Jesus promised the holy spirit would guide one into all truth. Especially the teachers Jesus appointed, like Paul.
The bible dont say we look like him--Let us( Jehovah and his master worker( prov 8) make man in our image= the ability to love and reason.
Every Israelite on the planet heard about Jesus back then. His teachings were shared.