Post #1

Post by Angry McFurious »

What name do you call your God?

potwalloper.
Scholar

Post #11

Post by potwalloper. »

Nameless wrote
OK, if we are being serious about this silly topic, yes, I Am the god of my universe.
Praise be to Nameless for his is the way the truth and the light...

Shall we form a cult?

Amadeus
Scholar

Post #12

Post by Amadeus »

The comment about people creating gods (like money, fame, pride) is absolutely true. It doesn't mean you are worshipping a "god of stamps" :roll:, it just means that you are replacing God with that particular (or multiple) idol.

ENIGMA
Sage

Post #13

Post by ENIGMA »

Amadeus wrote:The comment about people creating gods (like money, fame, pride) is absolutely true. It doesn't mean you are worshipping a "god of stamps" :roll:, it just means that you are replacing God with that particular (or multiple) idol.
People create gods all the time. Christians are no exception.

Very few seem to realize that all gods are fabricated out of the same substance, belief. "God" is just one of many.

Terry Pratchett's Discworld Book Small Gods was spot on concerning this point, and it's a good, funny read too. :)
Gilt and Vetinari shared a look. It said: While I loathe you and all of your personal philosophy to a depth unplummable by any line, I will credit you at least with not being Crispin Horsefry [The big loud idiot in the room].

-Going Postal, Discworld

Vianne
Student

What I call God ...

Post #14

Post by Vianne »

God ... sometimes Goddess, depending on my mood ... generally the Creator.

Vianne

Nameless

Post #15

Post by Nameless »

potwalloper. wrote:Nameless wrote
OK, if we are being serious about this silly topic, yes, I Am the god of my universe.
Praise be to Nameless for his is the way the truth and the light...

Shall we form a cult?
Would you have to leave your present cult? Donations are fine, and I get first night with your new bride. Oh, and I need my car washed. You can keep your worship, though a bit of a$$ kissing is fine, along with your bank account.
What is your 'need' to 'worship' someone/thing? Isnt that a bit... well, sick? Ignorant? Boring? Fruitless?
Ask your 'god' for an apple. Go ahead. I'll wait.. De, de, dee, dee dum...... Time's up. Crunching into that nice juicy tidbit? Now ask me! You will get it without debasing yourself in the dust..
Whateverrr.......

BALLS2WALL
Student

Post #16

Post by BALLS2WALL »

Jehovah

Arthra
Student

The Greatest Name for Baha'is!

Post #17

Post by Arthra »

In terms of what is the Name of (your) God, I thought it might be of interest to post a few things from my religion the Baha'i Faith on the topic.

Baha'is believe there is a Greatest Name of God which is in Arabic and frequently seen in Calligraphy in Baha'i ring stones and Baha'i Temples...this Name in Arabic is "Ya Baha'ul Abha" and means in English "Oh Glory of the All-Glorious"...so forms of this Name appear in my religion.

We also greet one another with "Allah'u'Abha"! which means "God is Glorious!".

The name of our Prophet is "Baha'u'llah" which means the "Glory of God", so you will see forms of what we call the Greatest Name if your meet Baha'is or visit a Baha'i Center or one of the Baha'i Temples someday!

- Art

;)

Lycan
Student

Post #18

Post by Lycan »

I have many gods and goddesses so here are a few: (not aspects of one but seperate)

Odin, Thor, Frey, Freyja, Loki, Frigga, Hel, Balder, Tyr, Idunna, Holda, and many more.

Nirvana-Eld
Apprentice

Post #19

Post by Nirvana-Eld »

I have never met a real pagan. Nice to meet you.

I really like "I AM" (Yahweh) cause it means that God "is" and that he is personal (hence the "I"). It sums it up pretty good. but i really just call him God.

Arya
Student

Post #20

Post by Arya »

I associate "god" as the creator.