Muhammad, a pedophile or child molester?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Muhammad, a pedophile or child molester?

Post #1

Post by Miles »

I rarely delve into the Islamic faith or any of its elements; however, I did happen upon the following which I found rather interesting.

Please know that the events related below don't appear to mark Muhammad as a pedophile as the term is psychiatricly understood, but rather in it's more colloquial usage as a child sexual molester.

"Evidence that Muhammad was a pedophile.

For the Western mind, perhaps the most disturbing fact about Islam is that its founder had a sexual relationship with a nine-year-old girl. Because of this, it has become increasingly popular in some circles to refer to the Prophet of Islam as a "pedophile." This is, of course, extremely offensive to Muslims, who view Muhammad as the ideal servant of God and as the greatest example of what a man should strive to be. Nevertheless, Muhammad’s relationship with a young girl presents a problem for Muslims, especially for those who want to share their faith with others.

The evidence for Muhammad’s marriage to the nine-year-old Aisha is too strong to be ignored.

The problem with the selective and carefully edited defense just given (other than the complete lack of references) is that it ignores the numerous accounts we now possess which record Aisha’s age when Muhammad consummated his marriage to her. Many of these accounts are from Aisha herself. Indeed, the evidence for Muhammad’s marriage to the young Aisha is as strong as the evidence for just about any other fact in Islam. We have copious traditions relating Muhammad’s marriage proposal when Aisha was six or seven years old, as well as his consummation of that marriage when she was nine:

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated that the Prophet (may the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) married her when she was six years old, and he consummated her in marriage when she was nine years old. Then she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).

Khadijah died three years before the Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) departed to Madina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consummated that marriage when she was nine years old.

Urwa narrated: The Prophet (may the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) wrote the (marriage contract) with Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years.
Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and she was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old.

ASSESSMENT: While the evidence isn’t enough to condemn Muhammad as a "pedophile," his sexual relationship with Aisha is unacceptable.

Muhammad has been accused of pedophilia in numerous writings, sermons, and conversations. We have seen that the earliest Muslim traditions offer support for this view. However, the evidence sustaining the charge of pedophilia is perhaps too limited to warrant such a harsh conclusion. We know that Muhammad had a sexual relationship with a young girl, and that this was reprehensible. Yet we must take cultural differences into consideration in formulating an accurate appraisal of a person’s character. In Muhammad’s society, sexual intercourse was acceptable when a girl reached menses, and Muhammad may have waited until Aisha had reached this age. (Note: There’s no good historical evidence that Muhammad waited for Aisha to reach menses. However, I think it’s important to be generous in our interpretations as much as possible, so I’m willing to grant, for the sake of argument, that Aisha had reached puberty.)

Similarly, we don’t have enough information to call Muhammad a "pervert." While Muhammad’s sexual acts may seem startling, we don’t know enough about the nature of these acts to condemn him as a sexual deviant or a predator.

Nevertheless, Muslims are too hasty in dismissing Muhammad’s relationship with Aisha. We can’t simply ignore a prophet’s marriage to a nine-year-old girl. Muslims view Muhammad as the highest example of a moral life, but his marriage to Aisha conflicts with that view. If they want to put Muhammad forward as the standard of morality, Muslims need to come to terms with the many questionable things Muhammad did, as well as the awful impact of these actions."
source

So, do you think taking "cultural differences into consideration" is enough to absolve an adult from having sex with a nine year-old (fourth grade) child?

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Miles on Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

mms20102
Scholar

Re: Muhammad, a pedophile or child molester

Post #71

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to Miles in post #69]

Idk why you still holding into it ..
Last edited by mms20102 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mms20102
Scholar

Re: Muhammad, a pedophile or child molester

Post #72

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to Miles in post #69]

First of all you still have points to discuss ?!

Second why not add ( or a normal person ) to show full possibilities and good intention ?!

benkunz234
Student

Re: Muhammad, a pedophile or child molester?

Post #73

Post by benkunz234 »

[Replying to Miles in post #1]

while their is no age of any wife in quran. we know in bible their is a plethora of incest pedophilia homosexuality genocide etc. bible says Joseph elderly [74 estimates] and Mary 12 at marriage. all daughters of rabbis got married after their bat mitzvah age 12 another example. Sanhedrin 55a codified Issac 37 marrying his 3 yr old cousin Rebecca ....today church pedophilia is rampant and has been for centuries

benkunz234
Student

Post #74

Post by benkunz234 »

[Replying to Miles in post #1]

in The Lost Gospels ' Jesus frolicked nude with young boys ' seems to be the starting point for the church pedophilia we see today I left church for islam in 2002. church pedophilia just one reason

Miles
Savant

Post #75

Post by Miles »

benkunz234 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:02 am [Replying to Miles in post #1]

in The Lost Gospels ' Jesus frolicked nude with young boys ' seems to be the starting point for the church pedophilia we see today I left church for islam in 2002. church pedophilia just one reason
Need a link to the lost gospels in which it's said that Jesus frolicked nude with young boys.

Thanks

Miles
Savant

Post #76

Post by Miles »

benkunz234 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:01 am [Replying to Miles in post #1]

while their is no age of any wife in quran.
Is the Quran the only source of information about Muhammad?

mms20102
Scholar

Post #77

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to Miles in post #76]

You didn't have enough sophistry so you continue your nonsense talk ?! You escaped from me and escaped from my questions and had no answer to my premises. Isn't it enough ?! ;)

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #78

Post by The Nice Centurion »

Miles wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:03 pm

Need a link to the lost gospels in which it's said that Jesus frolicked nude with young boys.

Thanks

Yes, please. This Link would be of great interest for me too !

About OP; One shouldnt forget that Mohammeds historicity is higly questionable, when one plays Judge about what he did, and what he better not had done !
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Miles
Savant

Post #79

Post by Miles »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:51 pm
Miles wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:03 pm

Thanks

Yes, please. This Link would be of great interest for me too !
I wouldn't hold my breath. His last post was Fri Apr 22, 2022 at 9:29 pm

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #80

Post by The Nice Centurion »

[Replying to Miles in post #79]
Still, what can rhe Lost Gospels be, but the apocrypha ?
There are no other ancient gospels, but the canonized and the apocryphal !
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"