The ascension career

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Bro Dave
Sage

The ascension career

Post #1

Post by Bro Dave »

I thought we might start a discussion on the path to paradise. This is from paper 30. I only posted the first, "Planetary Mortals" section. We can discuss it, and then continue, or if you'd rather, we can jump to waking up on mansion world #1. :?:

THE ASCENDING MORTALS

While the mortal survivors of time and space are denominated ascending pilgrims when accredited for the progressive ascent to Paradise, these evolutionary creatures occupy such an important place in these narratives that we here desire to present a synopsis of the following seven stages of the ascending universe career:
1. Planetary Mortals.
2. Sleeping Survivors.
3. Mansion World Students.
4. Morontia Progressors.
5. Superuniverse Wards.
6. Havona Pilgrims.
7. Paradise Arrivals.

The following narrative presents the universe career of an
Adjuster-indwelt mortal. The Son- and Spirit-fused mortals share portions of this career, but we have elected to tell this story as it pertains to the
Adjuster-fused mortals, for such a destiny may be anticipated by all of the
human races of Urantia.

1. Planetary Mortals. Mortals are all animal-origin evolutionary beings of ascendant potential. In origin, nature, and destiny these various groups and types of human beings are not wholly unlike the Urantia peoples. The human races of each world receive the same ministry of the Sons of God and enjoy the presence of the ministering spirits of time. After natural death all types of ascenders fraternize as one morontia family on the mansion worlds.

Any questions? :?: :?: :?:

Bro Dave

:D

Bro Dave
Sage

Post #11

Post by Bro Dave »

dangerdan wrote:I can’t believe I didn’t figure this out without the Urantra Book. ;)

So Bro Dave, may I ask why you believe this rather fantastical book contains factual information?
Dangerdan, your question is of course salient. Primarily, my answer is that when the book found me, I too was skeptical. In fact, I had it for 14 years, as I repeatedly challanged its contents. Several things stood out.

1) This book is beautifully written, and to me, clearly beyond any human's capability to author.

2) There is a total consistancy throughout its 2000+ pages. This is pretty amazing, since there are many contributors.

3) It simply rings true in what it says. It acts as a framework into which, everything fits comfortably. It reads like an encyclopedia, and attempts to "sell" nothing.

Sure, these are subjective. But strangely, while UB readers share very diverse backgrounds, they share several common profiles. Nearly every one of us were deeply involved in the search for truth. And, usually, near a point of being totally frustrated, the book found us. One of my favorite stories is where the person was in the public library, searching the shelves, when the book fell off the shelf on his foot! :roll:

I know you are having a little fun calling the UB "fantastic". You really have no idea how right you are! I wish I had a nickle for every time I exclaimed "WOW" while reading it. I could probably fund my retirement!

Bro Dave

dangerdan
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by dangerdan »

1) This book is beautifully written, and to me, clearly beyond any human's capability to author.
The Lord of the Rings is beautifully written, does this make it true?
2) There is a total consistancy throughout its 2000+ pages. This is pretty amazing, since there are many contributors.
The Lord of the Rings is totally consistent from start to finish, does this make it true?
3) It simply rings true in what it says. It acts as a framework into which, everything fits comfortably. It reads like an encyclopedia, and attempts to "sell" nothing.
The Lord of the Rings seems to “ring true” in many aspects and doesn’t sell anything, does this make it true?

So would you say that this Urantra Book is almost impossible to crosscheck, apart from with itself?

Bro Dave
Sage

Post #13

Post by Bro Dave »

dangerdan wrote:
The Lord of the Rings is beautifully written, does this make it true?
The Lord of the Rings is totally consistent from start to finish, does this make it true?
The Lord of the Rings seems to “ring true” in many aspects and doesn’t sell anything, does this make it true?

So would you say that this Urantra Book is almost impossible to crosscheck, apart from with itself?

Dangerdan, you ignored the salient parts of my comments. The Lord of the Rings is hardly a comparable work, in that it is not a spiritual book per se. It is was not intended to help mankind obtain a clearer view of God, or to explain the cosmos and how we fit in, or a detailed eye witness account of Jesus' life. As for crosschecking, sure, there is a lot that you will be able to cross verify. There is also quite a bit that is new to us. This book is unique, especially when you consider it was printed in 1956, and has only been distributed a person at a time. Who would/could undertake such a massive project, and who would, for no reason of profit or fame?

Bro Dave

:)

dangerdan
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by dangerdan »

Doesn’t it list the authors? Wouldn’t that be fame? Again, many books are written for no profit.

Bro Dave
Sage

Post #15

Post by Bro Dave »

dangerdan wrote:Doesn’t it list the authors? Wouldn’t that be fame? Again, many books are written for no profit.
Uh, the authors are celestial, not mortals, and fame is hardly a concern! :lol:

Bro Dave

dangerdan
Apprentice

Post #16

Post by dangerdan »

So, just out of curiosity, which English lexicon do celestials prefer? Do they spell “humour” or “humor”? Are they always proper in their use of abbreviations? I imagine it would be quite embarrassing if a mere mortal found one of their grammar mistakes…

Bro Dave
Sage

Post #17

Post by Bro Dave »

dangerdan wrote:So, just out of curiosity, which English lexicon do celestials prefer? Do they spell “humour” or “humor”? Are they always proper in their use of abbreviations? I imagine it would be quite embarrassing if a mere mortal found one of their grammar mistakes…
While the Urantia Book is a beautiful work, and is written Impeccably. it is its content that counts! This is the only concern for a true seeker.

;)

Bro Dave

dangerdan
Apprentice

Post #18

Post by dangerdan »

What makes you say it’s written beautifully? I mean no offence, but the sections you posted sounded a little dry and convoluted, but that’s just me.

Bro Dave
Sage

Post #19

Post by Bro Dave »

dangerdan wrote:What makes you say it’s written beautifully? I mean no offence, but the sections you posted sounded a little dry and convoluted, but that’s just me.
Some parts read more like an encyclopedia, while some are near poetic. However, the beauty to which I was refering was its style, and yes, its grammer etc. too. For me, it is a pleasure to read.

8)

Bro Dave

Amadeus
Scholar

Post #20

Post by Amadeus »

DISCLAIMER: CHRISTIANS BEWARE!!!

This Urantia book is not scriptural! The Bible tells us that there will be no more gospels!

Do you know that this book was dictated through a medium?

Leviticus 19:31
" 'Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.
(Whole Chapter: Leviticus 19 In context: Leviticus 19:30-32)

Leviticus 20:6
" 'I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people.

Therefore, this book cannot jive with Christianity.