Is the Qu'ran self-evidently true?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

paarsurrey wrote:Quran is self-evident, yes very truly.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #91

Post by TrueReligion »

Wyvern wrote:
ofcourse jinns wont be there in bible, maybe u open arabic bibleu will find, but u have to learn arabic 1st
Ahh but they are, or didn't you read your own links? According to them djinn are christian angels
Nowhere its writen Jinns are christian angels, show proof

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #92

Post by Wyvern »

TrueReligion wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
ofcourse jinns wont be there in bible, maybe u open arabic bibleu will find, but u have to learn arabic 1st
Ahh but they are, or didn't you read your own links? According to them djinn are christian angels
This is from post 81 in this thread http://www.answering-christianity.com/satan.htm In it it has another link titled that the bibles fallen angels are djinn. In the article it states in the very first sentence that satan in islam is not the same as satan in the bible. Your own links refute what you are saying.

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #93

Post by micatala »

Moderator Intervention

Ok. Everyone take a deep breath and calm down. Let's keep the rhetoric on an even keel.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #94

Post by TrueReligion »

Wyvern wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
This is from post 81 in this thread http://www.answering-christianity.com/satan.htm In it it has another link titled that the bibles fallen angels are djinn. In the article it states in the very first sentence that satan in islam is not the same as satan in the bible. Your own links refute what you are saying.
That does;nt say that they are christian angels or christian Jinns,it says in Bible also writen same thing forSatan and Jinns.. Why there are Jews Jinns,\Muslim Jinns and Christian Jinns you know?
What it mean is that the concept is same in al the 3 religions, which you are not accepting at all.

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #95

Post by Wyvern »

TrueReligion wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
That does;nt say that they are christian angels or christian Jinns,it says in Bible also writen same thing forSatan and Jinns.. Why there are Jews Jinns,\Muslim Jinns and Christian Jinns you know?
What it mean is that the concept is same in al the 3 religions, which you are not accepting at all.
How can they be the same when the very article you cite states in the very first sentence that they are different? Which is correct, you or the author of the article you cited?

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #96

Post by TrueReligion »

Wyvern wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
How can they be the same when the very article you cite states in the very first sentence that they are different? Which is correct, you or the author of the article you cited?
Both are correct, you are taking the meaning wrong,in all the articles its clearly said, that Satan, jinns are all made up of fire. I think you have;nt read it carefully

Scotracer
Guru

Post #97

Post by Scotracer »

TrueReligion wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
Both are correct, you are taking the meaning wrong,in all the articles its clearly said, that Satan, jinns are all made up of fire. I think you have;nt read it carefully
Of all things for some being to be made up of, Ionised gas is not what I expected.
Why Evolution is True
Universe from nothing

Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
- Christopher Hitchens

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #98

Post by Wyvern »

Oh I have, according to the very first sentence in the article it states quite clearly that the satan of the bible and koran are different. Yes it goes on and tries to equate angels and djinn using by using islamic definitions of what they are made of and even then it is a specious argument (ignoring that arguing whether they exist at all is also specious). The article states djinn are made of a smokeless fire, it doesn't mention it but also this fire has to be invisible and non radiative as well. It then states angels are made of light. This is where the fun starts, the article states that fire is the same as light and I'm guessing you agree but let's look at what the two things are, as scotracer stated fire is no more than ionized gas and light is comprised of photons. So what your article is actually saying is that ionized gas is the same as photons which is patently untrue.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #99

Post by Goat »

Wyvern wrote:
Oh I have, according to the very first sentence in the article it states quite clearly that the satan of the bible and koran are different. Yes it goes on and tries to equate angels and djinn using by using islamic definitions of what they are made of and even then it is a specious argument (ignoring that arguing whether they exist at all is also specious). The article states djinn are made of a smokeless fire, it doesn't mention it but also this fire has to be invisible and non radiative as well. It then states angels are made of light. This is where the fun starts, the article states that fire is the same as light and I'm guessing you agree but let's look at what the two things are, as scotracer stated fire is no more than ionized gas and light is comprised of photons. So what your article is actually saying is that ionized gas is the same as photons which is patently untrue.
Not only that, but trying to equate Jinn with angels still does not meet the challenge

"Give me tangible evidence that Jinn actually exist"
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #100

Post by TrueReligion »

goat wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
Not only that, but trying to equate Jinn with angels still does not meet the challenge

"Give me tangible evidence that Jinn actually exist"
Goat, I posted already, that will you agree of people experience of Jinns? because invislbe things can;t be shown to you:)