Moderator: Moderators

Ilias Ahmad
Banned
Banned

Answering the Quranist Calamity

Post #1

Post by Ilias Ahmad »

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

All praise is due to Allah, we praise Him, seek His aid and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allah from the evil of our souls, and the evil of our actions. Whomsoever Allah wishes to guide, there is none to guide, and whomsoever Allah leaves astray, there is none to guide. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, who is One and without any partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and messenger.

One of the greatest trials of our time is the emergence of the group known as the Quraniyoon or Quranists. Their distinctive feature is rejection of the Sunnah, the way of the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu alaihi wa salaam). Orthodox Sunni Islam teaches that Islam is based on two sources of divine guidance, the Book of Allah (The Holy Quran), and the Way of the Prophet (the Sunnah). The Quranist claim to follow the Quran-only and have no regard for the Sunnah of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salam).

Therefore, in order to effectively answer this doubt, recourse will have to be taken to the Holy Quran itself to determine which side is upon the truth and which is upon falsehood.

Allah Glorified and Exalted is He, says in the Holy Quran: (We sent them) with Clear Signs and Scriptures; and We have sent down unto thee (O Muhammad) the Reminder (meaning the Quran); that thou may explain clearly to men what is sent for them, and that they may give thought (an Nahl 16:44)

In this verse, Allah says that He gave to the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) the Reminder, meaning the Quran, as this is one of its other names (refer to Quran, chapter 29, verse 51). Than Allah goes on to say that the reason for this is so that you, meaning Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) may explain its meaning to mankind and so that they may give thought to it. So it is established that one of the obligations of the Prophet is to explain the Quran, not merely to convey its contents, but to explain its meaning.

Question to "Quranists": If you reject the sunnah and ahadeeth narrated from our Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salam), what is your source for the explanation of the Quran by the Prophet??

nygreenguy
Guru

Post #11

Post by nygreenguy »

No contradictions? It has just as many, if not more than the bible!

How many angels talked to mary?

19: 16-19
And make mention of Mary in the Scripture, when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East, And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our Spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man. She said: Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee, if thou art God- fearing. He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

More than 1:

3: 42
And when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah hath chosen thee and made thee pure, and hath preferred thee above (all) the women of creation.
3: 45
(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).

Feel free to look here and here for an extensive list.

Bigmo
Student

Post #12

Post by Bigmo »

nygreenguy wrote:No contradictions? It has just as many, if not more than the bible!

How many angels talked to mary?

19: 16-19
And make mention of Mary in the Scripture, when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East, And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our Spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man. She said: Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee, if thou art God- fearing. He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

More than 1:

3: 42
And when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah hath chosen thee and made thee pure, and hath preferred thee above (all) the women of creation.
3: 45
(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).

Feel free to look here and here for an extensive list.
2.30. Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

2.31. And He taught Adam the nature of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: "Tell me the nature of these if ye are right."

2.32. They said: "Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom."

2.33. He said: "O Adam! Tell them their natures." When he had told them, God said: "Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of heaven and earth, and I know what ye reveal and what ye conceal?"

2.34. And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith.

2.35. We said: "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden; and eat of the bountiful things therein as (where and when) ye will; but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression."

2.36. Then did Satan make them slip from the (garden), and get them out of the state in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down, all, with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time."

2.37. Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.

2.38. We said: "Get ye down all from here; and if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

2.39. "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."

Also:

7.11. It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels bow down to Adam, and they bowed down; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who bow down.

7.12. "What prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay."

7.13. "Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures)."

7.14. He said: "Give me respite till the day they are raised up."

7.15 "Be thou among those who have respite."

7.16. He said: "Because thou hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way:

7.17. "Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor wilt thou find, in most of them, gratitude."

7.18. "Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow thee,- Hell will fill with you all.

7.19 "O Adam dwell with your wife in the Garden and enjoy as you wish but approach not this tree or you run into harm and transgression. Then Satan whispered to them in order to reveal to them their shame that was hidden from them and he said:

7.20 'Your Lord only forbade you this tree lest you become angels or such beings as live forever.'

7.21 And he swore to them both that he was their sincere adviser. So by deceit he brought them to their fall: when they tasted the tree their shame became manifest to them and they began to sew together the leaves of the Garden over their bodies. And their Lord called unto them:

7.22 'Did I not forbid you that tree and tell you that Satan was your avowed enemy?'

7.23 "They said: 'Our Lord we have wronged ourselves souls. If You forgive us not and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers'

7.24 (God) said: 'Get down (from the Garden), one of you an enemy to the other [i.e. Adam, Eve, and Satan]. On earth will be a dwelling-place for you and an enjoyment -- for a short time'. He (God) said:

7.25 'Therein you shall live, and therein you shall die, and from it you shall be brought out.
As you can see the Koran hears expands on one subject in several places. The verse did not say ONLY one angel spoke to her. This forces you to read the Koran as a whole to find refernce about a subject as different parts of the Koran ad on about a subject. So Mary had an encounter with one angel but it does not mean that was her only encounter. This is not the meaning of contradiction.