Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Bigmo
Student

The Koran on freedom of religion and faith

Post #1

Post by Bigmo »

What does the Koran orders the prophet to do and how to behave:

2:256 There is no compulsion in religion, for the right way is clearly from the wrong way. Whoever therefore rejects the forces of evil and believes in God, he has taken hold of a support most unfailing, which shall never give way, for God is All Hearing and Knowing.

16:82 But if they turn away from you, your only duty is a clear delivery of the Message .

6:107 Yet if God had so willed, they would not have ascribed Divinity to aught besides Him; hence, We have not made you their keeper, nor are you a guardian over them.

4:79-80 Say:'Whatever good betides you is from God and whatever evil betides you is from your own self and that We have sent you to mankind only as a messenger and all sufficing is God as witness. Whoso obeys the Messenger, he indeed obeys God. And for those who turn away, We have not sent you as a keeper."

11:28 He (Noah) said "O my people! think over it! If I act upon a clear direction from my Lord who has bestowed on me from Himself the Merciful talent of seeing the right way, a way which you cannot see for yourself, does it follow that we can force you to take the right path when you definitely decline to take it?°

17:53-54 And tell my servants that they should speak in a most kindly manner. Verily, Satan is always ready to stir up discord between men; for verily; Satan is mans foe .... Hence, We have not sent you with power to determine their Faith.

21:107-109 (O Prophet?) 'We have not sent you except to be a mercy to all mankind:" Declare, "Verily, what is revealed to me is this, your God is the only One God, so is it not up to you to bow down to Him?' But if they turn away then say, "I have delivered the Truth in a manner clear to one and all, and I know not whether the promised hour is near or far."

22:67 To every people have We appointed ceremonial rites which they observe; therefore, let them not wrangle over this matter with you, but bid them to turn to your Lord. You indeed are rightly guided. But if they still dispute you in this matter, `God best knows what you do."

24.54. Say: "Obey God, and obey the Messenger. but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to preach the clear (Message).

88:21 22; And so, exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe.

48:28 He it is Who has sent forth His Messenger with the Guidance and the Religion of Truth, to the end that tie make it prevail over every religion, and none can bear witness to the Truth as God does.

36:16 17 (Three Messengers to their people) Said, "Our Sustainer knows that we have indeed been sent unto you, but we are not bound to more than clearly deliver the Message entrusted to us.'

39:41 Assuredly, We have sent down the Book to you in right form for the good of man. Whoso guided himself by it does so to his own advantage, and whoso turns away from it does so at his own loss. You certainly are not their keeper.

42:6 48 And whoso takes for patrons others besides God, over them does God keep a watch. Mark, you are not a keeper over them. But if they turn aside from you (do not get disheartened), for We have not sent you to be a keeper over them; your task is but to preach ....

64:12 Obey God then and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away (no blame shall attach to our Messenger), for the duty of Our Messenger is just to deliver the message.

67:25 26 And they ask, "When shall the promise be fulfilled if you speak the Truth?" Say, "The knowledge of it is verily with God alone, and verily I am but a plain warner."

10.99-100. If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe! No soul can believe, except by the will of God, and He will place doubt (or obscurity) on those who will not understand

28.55-56 And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: "To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant," It is true thou wilt not be able to guide whom thou lovest; but God guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance.

109.1-6 Say : O ye that reject Faith,! I worship not that which ye worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship, And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship, To you be your Way, and to me mine.

74.11-17 Leave Me with whom I created alone!, To whom I granted resources in abundance, And sons to be by his side, To whom I made (life) smooth and comfortable, Yet is he greedy-that I should add (yet more);- By no means! For to Our Signs he has been refractory!, Soon will I visit him with a mount of calamities!

"So have We appointed for every Prophet an enemy - devils of men and Jinns; who inspire each other with seductive, deceptive speech which leads astray; but had thy Lord willed they would not have done so. So leave them with what they do devise. And let the hearts of those who believe not in the Hereafter listen to it; and let them be well pleased with it; and let them gain what they can gain!" 6:113-114

"And when you see those who meddle with Our revelations, withdraw from them until they meddle with another topic. And if the devil causes you to forget, sit not, after the remembrance, with the congregation of wrongdoers. 6:68

mms20102
Scholar

Re: Re:

Post #31

Post by mms20102 »

[Replying to Difflugia in post #31]
What exactly is the difference between the Quran and "normal literature?" Can this be measured in some way?
Are you a text philologist ? If not don't bother trying because you will come up with funny things
"Look at that fly" is not evidence of a creator. It's evidence of flies.
I don't know did you fail to read or did you fail to understand. Let's move this Conversation to another debate so we have a better concentration.
What's strange about it?
The strange thing is, you are comparing to different language. taking Eve as an Example >> Havva > chavah > Eva > Eve
So trying to compare Hebrew to English pronunciation will result in problems

Fetas > peter
Mary, mother of Jesus is referred to as sister of Aaron in 19:27-34, mirroring Exodus 15:20, and daughter of Imran in 3:36, apparently an Arabic corruption of the Hebrew Amram (Ex. 16:20).
Now this is hilarious, comparing Quran to the bible to say Quran made mistakes. Do you think I care about the biblical story ? We are debating Quran Mr. why do you speak about the bible ?
As if it would be coincidence that the only person called sister of Aaron and daughter of Imran would be named Maryam. Pretending that the text might mean something different than what it actually says is the refuge of apologists everywhere. "Sophistry," I think it's called.
Where is the evidence from Islamic literature that both Marries are one or both Arons are one or is it a personal claim?!.

Exactly comparing stories of the bible to the ones in Quran to prove that Quran has mistakes is Sophistry.
What evidence? You quoted someone that claimed that the Quran was "unprecedented" because it is "highly poetical." We have enough examples of pre-Islamic poetry to treat it as a genre, so the quote is either hyperbolic or just plain wrong. Which is it?
Do you even read carefully ?
Very carefully.
No you don't read carefully since If you read the word philologist you will know it means
Philology is the study of language in oral and written historical sources; it is the intersection of textual criticism, literary criticism, history, and linguistics (with especially strong ties to etymology). Philology is more commonly defined as the study of literary texts as well as oral and written records, the establishment of their authenticity and their original form, and the determination of their meaning. A person who pursues this kind of study is known as a philologist.
Not only I'm replying to your false comments I'm also teaching you the meanings of words.
Unprecedented
ADJECTIVE
never done or known before.
This words states that not a single writing exceeded the brilliancy in Quran or else the Meccans could have simply pointed out the mistakes in Quran while they know Arabic better than any philologist on "Earth".
or just plain wrong :ok: what's your evidence that its wrong or evidences no longer work? If not don't have evidences don't waste my time.

benkunz234
Student

Re: The Koran on freedom of religion and faith

Post #32

Post by benkunz234 »

[Replying to Bigmo in post #1]

beautiful quran verses on freedom of religion we must remember. that there is no stoning in quran but in bible stoning is prescribes for apostates. gays and adultery