Self-Reflection

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

Self-Reflection

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

My shallowness amazes me, but I no longer let it discourage me. The fact is, I can be strong in trying to overcome my, very noticeable, weakness.

Even though I'm in my 30s I feel like a La Croix drinking chad just commencing his 20s.... and stuck in the eighties..... At least I don't do drugs or attend raves.....

Not giving up my Spotify subscription though.....

But I'm ok with that, on one level. I have to work with what I got. I got to be free. Self-acceptance is the name of the game.

Be you. Not no one else.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Self-Reflection

Post #2

Post by Purple Knight »

Age isn't a big thing for males since fertility doesn't decline, so I wouldn't worry about being 30 and feeling like you're 20.

I'd worry about being 80 and feeling like you're 20.

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #3

Post by Dimmesdale »

Purple Knight wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:49 pm Age isn't a big thing for males since fertility doesn't decline, so I wouldn't worry about being 30 and feeling like you're 20.

I'd worry about being 80 and feeling like you're 20.

The heart never grows old....
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #4

Post by Dimmesdale »

To go on:

I need to improve in my character, so as to be faithful to my God. Without grace, without dependence on the Supreme Being, I can do nothing. I serve God with my free will. But free will is meaningless and fickle and flippant and can turn on a dime if it is uncontrolled; if it is uninfluenced and not inundated by the grace of God. And character is the template, the mold, by which this grace is given form in practical life.

I need land under my feet. Getting started is the hardest part. Once I have greater influx of grace, and greater development of character, then things can improve. Before that I can only pray, and meditate, and engage myself in service and higher things. And more than anything, surrender in pure trust. But even if I develop a little, the force of bad habits, and foolishness, and madness, can send me ten steps back. So one must be vigilant. At the same time, one must be self-accepting. That is an art.

One has to think, strategize, plan on how to grow and be better. But one also can't overthink. This is, again, an art. The art of living.

No one can do this alone. That should be foremost in the mind.

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Dimmesdale wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:21 pm I need to improve in my character, so as to be faithful to my God. Without grace, without dependence on the Supreme Being, I can do nothing.
You should give it a shot on your own. What have you got to lose? This dependence gig doesn't seem to be helping in any way.
No one can do this alone.
A great many of us have done so. Possibilities aren't limited by one single individual's failure.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

Dimmesdale wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:59 pm The heart never grows old....
Of course it does:

Unless of course by "heart" you mean something other than a heart.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #7

Post by Dimmesdale »

Tcg wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:08 am
Dimmesdale wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:21 pm I need to improve in my character, so as to be faithful to my God. Without grace, without dependence on the Supreme Being, I can do nothing.
You should give it a shot on your own. What have you got to lose? This dependence gig doesn't seem to be helping in any way.
No one can do this alone.
A great many of us have done so. Possibilities aren't limited by one single individual's failure.

Tcg
The Chad Lacroix Pet Shop Boy Stir Fry:

2 red/orange bell peppers
1/2 large white onion
8 oz mushrooms

paprika
lemon pepper
4 cloves garlic

serve with rice, soy sauce and sriracha

that's it, that's all you need.

you can live on that and be set for life

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #8

Post by Dimmesdale »

Well, I've cancelled my Spotify. I got that monkey off my back.

I am growing up.