Roe vs Wade Decision

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Roe vs Wade Decision

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

The US Supreme Court's decision didn't outlaw abortions. It simply revealed that abortions are not a true Constitutional right nor have they ever been a true Constitutional right. The 1972 Court overstepped its bounds by associating abortions with the right to privacy when there is no right to privacy in the US Constitution.

States now have the authority to define their own abortion laws; which is where abortion controls were supposed to be centralized in the first place in accord with the Tenth Amendment; which says:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
_

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: Roe vs Wade Decision

Post #11

Post by Difflugia »

WebersHome wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:41 amPublic whipping might be another effective deterrent for bad girls.
I think you accidentally said the quiet part out loud.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Miles
Savant

Post #12

Post by Miles »

Rose2020 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:34 am This is about women choosing to kill their babies.
The word "baby" covers a wide range of life forms which is why I asked "Does killing an embryo before it implants itself count? How about after, but before it becomes a fetus?"

Soooo . . . .?

Blaming God is another matter and quite futile, He gives us life but natural laws must apply.
So natural laws can undo god's gift? What kind of god is this who lets his creation be quashed so easily? Either he can't prevent nature from undoing his work or he doesn't care that it does.

However, considering he's omnipotent he could easily prevent miscarriages if he wished, but because he doesn't it's obvious he doesn't care all that much about early life. So why do you? Do you think your morals are better than his?

WebersHome
Guru

Post #13

Post by WebersHome »

Whenever something isn't specifically regulated in the Bible; then it falls into the category of debatable issues-- i.e. gray areas --which (for Christ's followers) are addressed by the 14th chapter of Romans.

1» Romans 14 forbids argument

2» Romans 14 forbids condemning second opinions

3» Romans 14 requires everyone to be fully persuaded in their own minds.

4» Romans 14 forbids resisting your conscience

5» Romans 14 forbids playing God, viz: forbids imposing your own personal standards on others as if their own personal standards don't matter.
_

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by Difflugia »

WebersHome wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:39 amWhenever something isn't specifically regulated in the Bible; then it falls into the category of debatable issues-- i.e. gray areas --which (for Christ's followers) are addressed by the 14th chapter of Romans.

1» Romans 14 forbids argument

2» Romans 14 forbids condemning second opinions

3» Romans 14 requires everyone to be fully persuaded in their own minds.

4» Romans 14 forbids resisting your conscience

5» Romans 14 forbids playing God, viz: forbids imposing your own personal standards on others as if their own personal standards don't matter.
I don't agree with you very often, but I think this is a particularly insightful reading of Romans 14.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.