Christianity should not be debated

Post #1

Post by lvdyou »

lvdyou
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by lvdyou »

Like I said, now you know why the Bible says not to judge, because it make you look like the fool, not to mention that is against God's will.

The site is up for less than 24 hours, and you blame it already. How immature. That is how the unspiritual act.

http://top100christiantopsites.itopsites.com/

ST88
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by ST88 »

lvdyou wrote:Like I said, now you know why the Bible says not to judge, because it make you look like the fool, not to mention that is against God's will.

The site is up for less than 24 hours, and you blame it already. How immature. That is how the unspiritual act.
I believe you indicated quite clearly that the Bible says not to judge. Please follow directions.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by Cathar1950 »

lvdyou wrote:
Like I said, now you know why the Bible says not to judge, because it make you look like the fool, not to mention that is against God's will.

Wow, I guess they told you!
I think they mean their top 100 and so far they only got 4?
Just for fun I am going to do a google and see what they say.
Well I found a dating service. Top 500 they were the top 100 but expanded. And I feel lucky gave me some euro site.
They could call it the top 10 sites, make the book work easy.
I would think that the idea of not debating whould only be relevent to those already inside the winner circle.
They don't need to debate the got it covered with the truth and all.
I don't belive any one was blamming the site. They were making fun of it's tiny, tiny response.
I tend to think the whole thing is up for debate and especially in Christian circles. I would think that even Jesus(acording to the tales) was into debating and if you go by Paul's record of never talkng about Jesus' teachings, Jesus seems to like debates.
You would think many Christians seem to think like Paul that Jesus was just hanging around waiting for the nails, So he could become the pagan cosmic christ to entertain Paul's visions. You would think from Paul's ideas and the gosples that Jesus d't even have a life and was wasting his time with disciples. Then again they may have been body guards. It seems there were these people in white and secret people doing his bidding. You know the ones getting the ass and leading them to the upper room with a jug.

lvdyou
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by lvdyou »

ST88 wrote:
lvdyou wrote:Like I said, now you know why the Bible says not to judge, because it make you look like the fool, not to mention that is against God's will.

I believe you indicated quite clearly that the Bible says not to judge. Please follow directions.
The Bible says not to judge because the judgment is so often wrong, which comes back upon the person.

I do not debate or promote debating as this forum does, so therefore, such rendering does not come back upon me, but for you or this forum, it remains a problem.

lvdyou
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by lvdyou »

Cather,

That was a mindless post filled with a poisoned spirit of dissension and debating.

How ugly!

http://14.freebb.com/?freebb=abundantlife

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by Cathar1950 »

I didn't think it had poison in it.
I am sorry I made fun of them making fun of your site.
If you were my brother I would make fun. Just because no one goes to you site doesn't mean that it is bad or any value judgement upon it's content. Just because everyone goes to a site doesn't mean it is any good. So don't get all bent out of shape it will pick up.
That was a mindless post filled with a poisoned spirit of dissension and debating
Was it really that bad? I think that the who Jesus is today has replaced
a respect for his life and teaching what ever they are.
I think the Dead Sea Scrolls have helped bring light on the meanings and ideas and life people had at that time. I can see where what they were talking about isn't always the doctrines and dogma of orthodox Christianity. I can see the influence of the mystery religions and pagan influence. I think the study has just getting started and the debates will be stimulating.

lvdyou
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by lvdyou »

A debater is not just off topic, but one who is inconsiderate and tends to babble, without self-control.

There are good guidelines to address this kind of behavior,

http://14.freebb.com/viewtopic.php?t=10 ... undantlife

otseng
Savant

Post #18

Post by otseng »

lvdyou wrote:A debater is not just off topic, but one who is inconsiderate and tends to babble, without self-control.
I get the impression that you are more concerned about promoting your own site than actually participating here. Any casual reading of the posts on this forum would demonstrate that the debaters here are quite considerate and civil. Though some might babble, by far, most give good arguments for their case. And those without self-control do not last long on this forum.

So, instead of making irrelevant assertions and repeatedly posting links to your website, it would be wise for you to follow the rules here while you are on this forum.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #19

Post by Cathar1950 »

Thank you for the link and kind words.
Is assignment to hell to impolite for debate or is it just mental rape as the author of The mind changers would say?
I often see hell tossed in the middle of a debate. Along with a few bible verses, The devil and selfish atheists. Gets kind of preachy sometimes.

So do you think it should be debated or not debated?

I think it should and if it has any importance at all discussed on a regular basis.
Maybe it is fine for a person to just have faith and belive read their bible never question and go thru life with a weird smile.
But not everyone can do that.
Some people have to think about stuff.
Some have to question.
I think these are good qualities.
If your looking for mutual edification, debating is not the way to go.
Church, family, friends, loved ones, the bartender(they get paid to do that) and maybe even God is the place to look.

lvdyou
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by lvdyou »

I get the impression you just like to debate which is why you are here to begin with. These are the kinds of responses I have seen here, which is impolite. I have seen no value added statements, just repeated irrelevant statements to the problem at hand continually manifesting itself, a poisoned spirit of dissension, without the love of the Lord in your life, sad to say. Along with this poisoned spirit of debating is a general blaming mentality, accusing this and that such as hell for example as though it it should never be discussed. I am sure Satan likes that as do those in him. Blaming is simply passing responsibility unto another, when it really belongs with you. In fact, the Bible says to remain blameless. We learn by comparison, so a good sample comparison of how a forum I think should start free and fresh on the right footing is, http://abundantlife.14.freebb.com

I find that Christians agree this would be a better alternative to spiritual discussion and building the body of Christ. This may be foreign to you, but spiritual things are often this way, which are mutually edifying without the need of self-promotion through debate.