See for yourselves if you will.

www.pieism.org

What think you?

Lotan
Guru

Post #2

Post by Lotan »

Hi Twistedrabbit, welcome to DC&R.

I agree that Pieism is a tasty way of life.

I am kind of partial to the Church of Reality.
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto His people. Exodus 32:14

1John2_26
Guru

Post #3

Post by 1John2_26 »

I like both organizations.

Both based on logic and empiricism.

I can find a place practicing my belief system and living in reality where I will not be called a hate crimes perpetrator for believing in observable truth. You know facts.

I love apple pie (of course) and have more than once the heavenly feeling come over me when tasting such goodness. Still the Christian partaking in the aspects of deity thing so no real stretch there. I guess universal truths are universal truths.

And children raised in reality-based families (male-female-children) living in "harmony" with reality to believe the truth inherent in reality.

Thanks guys.

I'm born-again again. Uh, twice more. Not actually "in reality," the pie-reality thing is more "just a feeling."

And come to think of it, both belief systems are fundamentalist in concept and practice. Wow.

seen da light
Student

Post #4

Post by seen da light »

Jesus is the way the truth and the life.
I think that even if something comes close to Christianity, its merely a copy cat that is trying to add worldly views to God's way.
So i say that biblical christianity is the only way.

Pieism is some cult that has a wacked view point in life
"embrace the pie????"
"seek your inner fillings"

my word!!!!! If this is all that makes sense, you must really like pie...
seriously,can you explain how it is the only thing that makes sense?I can't see a thread beyond the best feel good philosophies of this world.

I will pray for you
God bless :P

Twistedrabbit

Post #5

Post by Twistedrabbit »

I think you missed the point of Pieism, "seen da light." It says right on the website.
It's to embrace comedy. By embracing the pastry you are doing that.
Pie is a classic representation of comedy. A pie to the face is universal humor. You can't help but chuckle. Pie has much to teach. The world is modeled after the pie. Outer Crust...inner filling. Almost everything in the world follows this. It also comes in many shapes, sizes, and flavors...

As far as Pieism as an explanation of creation...is it too farfetched to think a giant pie came down from his golden window sill and baked the world in his wife, The Holy Oven? After all, what does the afterlife look like? Is Heaven filled with winged angels in robes? Wouldn't Heaven and Hell represent the world we live in on Earth? We don't dress in robes anymore that's for sure.
There's a concept is Self-Creationism, where we essentially created ourselves...because our Afterlife models our world, and our world models the afterlife. Who created who? If our God created the world and our God is a giant pie...and pie is a creation of man, then we created the world.

Modern times call for a modern interpretation of the Afterlife. I don't think it's too farfetched to have a God of Cupcakes or Waffles. It makes sense...and says a lot about our society. We worship false idols, don't we? Actors, video games, and of course...food.

You can read more of the mythology here: http://www.pieism.org/Pieism/whatisit.html
It may answer some questions you may have.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by McCulloch »

Until Pieism is embrased by serious scholars, I don't think that it qualifies as a real topic for debate.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Twistedrabbit

Post #7

Post by Twistedrabbit »

Does that mean it can be debated whether to debate Pieism?

ENIGMA
Sage

Post #8

Post by ENIGMA »

Twistedrabbit wrote:Does that mean it can be debated whether to debate Pieism?
....and if not, can we debate having the debate to debate Pieism? :P
Gilt and Vetinari shared a look. It said: While I loathe you and all of your personal philosophy to a depth unplummable by any line, I will credit you at least with not being Crispin Horsefry [The big loud idiot in the room].

-Going Postal, Discworld

OccamsRazor
Scholar

Post #9

Post by OccamsRazor »

ENIGMA wrote:and if not, can we debate having the debate to debate Pieism?
I'm sorry Enigma but I simply do not agree that we can.
One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.

Twistedrabbit

Post #10

Post by Twistedrabbit »

I think we should discuss and debate it.
This religion offers what people want. Laughter, happiness, and pie.